Gary Payton wants to be a Boston Celtic... (again)

Originally Posted by presequel

payton didnt want to goto the celtics at first......he cost the lakers marcus banks. blah.
EXACTLY. now he wants to go there?
roll.gif

Some of the responses in here are pure comedy.
laugh.gif

But all jokes aside, GP already got his ring. And he seems to have accepted the fact that he's not a starter anymore. He also isn't trying to go for abig contract. So all he could possibly be looking to come back for is the love of the game.

And honestly, if you're gonna come back b/c you love to play the game, why not come back to a winner? Cuz you obviously won't have the same type oflove for the game if you're playing on a losing team.

Besides, it's not like the Celtics don't need a back-up at the point!

GP > all the other available guards out there (like Boykins).

Goodwin said he last talked to Ainge about Payton and another client, free agent forward Chris Webber, about two weeks ago. Webber appears close to signing with the Pistons.
Detroit, why are you doing this...C-Web is garbage....as for Payton...hang it up and join Charles, Kenny, andErnie...

Gary needs to just sit it down and relax. He's trying to switch from team to team to get that ring (Ex. Miami and LAL) butI think it's just time for him to retire. He's had a great career, don't ruin it now.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

why dont he sign with the T-Wolves?? Maybe the Bobcats.... Damn ring chaser
why would he? Garys a vet. hes earned the right to play on a contending team if he wants. at least hes not saying, alright... ive already won a ring,lemme cash in on any random team to get my check. thats my take on things anyways.

There are a lot of haters in here (I'm looking at you, Kane).

Dude has never sat out of a contract or refused to play.

He didn't want to play for Boston before, but he did. What's wrong with that?

He contributed plenty for the Heat when they won it all. What's wrong with that? He wasn't the same GP from '96? So. He didn't begin his careerwith the Heat? So.

He's on the last portion of his career, IF his career isn't already over. Why come back and play on the freaking Sonics now, at 143 years old? Thatjust makes no sense.
laugh.gif

Come back to a former team and accept a backup role, hopefully en route to a second ring, after you were taunted your whole career for being yet anotherringless star? Nothing wrong with that at all.

[kanye] Hatuhz. [/kanye]

laugh.gif

ok i know that he went to la to chase a ring. but i thought that shaq called gp and asked him to go to miami

Back
Top Bottom