Gator snatches 2 y/o at Disney Resort #FLLiving

No. That would be like me finessing the child from falling 40ft. You're going past the initial warning signs. You got to get better at analogies man.
Do better at writing them first.
It was very clear. Not my fault if you had trouble understanding.
You could've simplified that much easier if the point you were trying to make was that the father ignored a sign.

If I see a sign that says "fasten your seat" I know exactly why. I'm going to die or hurt myself if this ride crashes.

If I see a sign that says "no swimming" I have no idea why. Maybe I die. Maybe I don't. Maybe I get arrested. Maybe I get the Zika virus. Maybe I win a million dollars.

There doesn't need to be a sign that says "you'll die if you're not careful". I'm old enough to understand the possible outcomes of me not obeying the sign. I know well enough not to put my child in possible danger as well.

Again, every thing is in my initial post, you just have a terrible time trying to understanding. I don't need signs detailing everything that can happen (gators, zika, etc). If I'm not supposed to be in it, I won't.

Simple mistakes cost lives everyday. :rolleyes

I just don't know what you guys want :lol:

Charges?

Public shaming?

Or you just want to be able to tell them how terrible of parents they are?
More reports coming out that child was in the water by his self .. But simple mistake??? Stop talking fam you're making yourself look foolish

View media item 2070937

Orlando resident Jordan Ranges takes her grandson Collin to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Bay Lake, Florida, almost every week, where the 3-year-old loves to play along the shoreline of the Seven Lagoon Seas. It’s the same area where a 2-year-old Nebraska boy was dragged into the water by an alligator Tuesday night.

Now, Ranges said she won’t ever let Collin near the man-made lake again.

“He thinks that’s his pool,” Ranges told ABC News. “He goes and plays right there at the water’s edge. He won’t again.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/orlando-n...ere-gator-200208496--abc-news-topstories.html

I think everyone here with kids will agree that we would never do what those parents did. Your asking for something bad to happen, whether u turn your head for a second and they drown or the far extreme where a gator drags them in

I think everyone here with kids will agree that we would never do what those parents did. Your asking for something bad to happen, whether u turn your head for a second and they drown or the far extreme where a gator drags them in
Yeah but a lot of country folk don't mind playing and swimming in that kind of water.

I wouldn't swim in a lake anywhere.

Again, every thing is in my initial post, you just have a terrible time trying to understanding. I don't need signs detailing everything that can happen (gators, zika, etc). If I'm not supposed to be in it, I won't.
Kids break vague signs like, "no trespassing" all the time. I know I did. Why? Because the fear of getting killed or murdered never crossed my mind. But if I go on a helicopter and a sign says, "fasten your seatbelt", I will because I know exactly the reasoning and why.

Which is why your analogy and comparison of signs made zero sense :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think either of the parents should be catching ****, tbh. Mistakes and accidents happen, can't expect humans to be perfect 100% of the time. People need to stop pointing their fingers all of the time, and realize we are all humans and imperfect by nature. The more people that can accept and understand, the better off we all are.

Last edited:
I don't think either of the parents should be catching ****, tbh. Mistakes and accidents happen, can't expect humans to be perfect 100% of the time. People need to stop pointing their fingers all of the time, and realize we are all humans and imperfect by nature. The more people that can accept and understand, the better off we all are.

What? No!!! :lol:

This has been the status quo for so long. Let's learn to do better. Let's acknowledge, this is more than a simple mistake. This culture of not taking responsibility, not properly supervising your own infant is stupidity. One of the very basic needs of a toddler is for their parents to supervise them, even more so near threats. It's the very basis for their well being. Why are we ignoring this and saying it's ok to overlook this aspect of parenting?

Kids break vague signs like, "no trespassing" all the time. I know I did. Why? Because the fear of getting killed or murdered never crossed my mind. But if I go on a helicopter and a sign says, "fasten your seatbelt", I will because I know exactly the reasoning and why.

Which is why your analogy and comparison of signs made zero sense :lol:

Of course a child is fearless. And as a parent with that child you should prevent those situation. If you're with your child, are you just gonna post up by a "no trespassing" sign and let them go on ahead or will you curve that?

I'm old enough to understand the possible outcomes of me not obeying the sign. I know well enough not to put my child in possible danger as well.

Again, refer to initial post.

What? No!!! :lol:

This has been the status quo for so long. Let's learn to do better. Let's acknowledge, this is more than a simple mistake. This culture of not taking responsibility, not properly supervising your own infant is stupidity. One of the very basic needs of a toddler is for their parents to supervise them, even more so near threats. It's the very basis for their well being. Why are we ignoring this and saying it's ok to overlook this aspect of parenting?

View media item 815761
It's surprising me how many people want to give these parents a pass.

A mistake happened, sure. But could it have been prevented with better parenting / common sense period? Helllll yeah.

Of course a child is fearless. And as a parent with that child you should prevent those situation. If you're with your child, are you just gonna post up by a "no trespassing" sign and let them go on ahead or will you curve that?

I'm old enough to understand the possible outcomes of me not obeying the sign. I know well enough not to put my child in possible danger as well.

Again, refer to initial post.
Teens don't dismiss signs because theyre fearless. They do it because there's no sign of danger. If the same teen saw a sign that said "No trespassing: You may be shot and killed", I'd like to think most teens would avoid the area.

BtW: Disney is already receiving backlash for their use of vague signs.

But kudos to you for being a model, law abiding citizen. I'm sure you've never jay walked or gone over a second over your parking meter :lol:

Last edited:
They should be charged wit some kind of crime.

These people from nebraska tho. Kid prolly already knew his way around his grandaddys cornfield.

View media item 815761
It's surprising me how many people want to give these parents a pass.

A mistake happened, sure. But could it have been prevented with better parenting / common sense period? Helllll yeah.

We should learn from these "mistakes". Not keep making them. Let's not just chaulk it up to humans gon human.
I don't get how you can be #teamhuman but don't care to have high standards for parenting. Don't agree with the high standards? Don't have a kid.

Last edited:
Probably the ones taking the pictures...
nerd.gif

We should learn from these "mistakes". Not just chaulk it up to humans gon human.
I don't get how you can be #teamhuman but don't care to have high standards for parenting. Don't agree with the high standards? Don't have a kid.
you can learn from a mistake while also empathizing with the parents. And you can have high standards while also realizing that no one is perfect, people make mistakes. As long as there are humans this will be the case. The key is to learn from mistakes while also being understanding. The parents ****** up, absolutely; however, a bunch of people on the Internet who think their opinions matter pointing fingers isn't going to solve anything.

you can learn from a mistake while also empathizing with the parents. And you can have high standards while also realizing that no one is perfect, people make mistakes. As long as there are humans this will be the case. The key is to learn from mistakes while also being understanding. The parents ****** up, absolutely; however, a bunch of people on the Internet who think their opinions matter pointing fingers isn't going to solve anything.

They don't need to have empathy cause these types are perfect in everything they do especially when it comes to parenting! :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom