Gatorade "G" commercial..narrated by Lil Wayne...Vol. SERIOUSLY?....BOTH VERSIONS!

Ya'll are missing the point. At the end of the day, Wayne probably has one of the most unique voices in Hip-Hop.

I think these commercials are horrible, but the weezy chronicles were pretty funny lmao

Originally Posted by you big dummy

i like this version better
Man, I like that version better as well.� The ending was a lot more appropriate than the Jabba.

the 2nd commercial is much better

and why are people bringing garbage music forum arguments to general?

You can't front the concept of the commercial is ridicously hot. Gatorade finds new ways to keep *++*@! drinkin it. And lets not forget Wayne may be trashbut he's nominated for 8 Grammys. Count em 8 grammys... In the last year and change he's owned the game except for our personal favorites...

Word. I personally think these commercials are FIRE. This version though...I got goosebumps at the Usain Bolt part.

Can knock weezy for it. He just lookin at that check Gatorade is cutting for 1 min of his voice time... Can't kmock the hustle.

I know some folks that are all excited right now having that they saw the jabbawokeez on a gatorade commercial
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Word. I personally think these commercials are FIRE. This version though...I got goosebumps at the Usain Bolt part.
only thing is i wish ali was in this one...not a big fan of wayne but i like dude as narrator on the commercials it just works
ohwell.gif

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....THE LINEUP OF ATHLETES IN THE 2ND POSTED VERSION IS OUTTA THIS WORLD!!!!...ALL CHAMPS SPANNING MANY GENERATIONS!!!!!.....THE JACKIE ROBINSON CGI EFFECT GAVE ME CHILLS!!!

THANKS FOR POSTING BRAH!!!

Unfortunately, I can't fault Gatorade for choosing Wayne and I aint mad at him for getting his paper. Gatorade is trying to get that money and maintaintheir brand awareness and identity---They gotta do whatever it takes to stack them cakes.

Like someone mentioned on here before Wayne is popular with the younger audience, because younger audiences tend to be more product loyal and trend followers.Wayne and his styles are a TREND. Marketers feed off of trends and popularity.

Also from a music standpoint, If you look at the depressing state of music right now with its mainstream-commercial imbalance and dumbing down of it's ltslyrical content, Lil' Wayne would be a perfect choice for anything right now---he's just a prime example of how bad things are here in Americanmainstream music culture and probably everything else. Yes they could've done a whole lot better with narrator of choice and they probably know it butpopularity prospers in the pocketbooks'.

Finally, lets not get record sales equating with being the best to ever do it---Once again, I commend Wayne for doing his thing but saying that he is "thebest to do it" is blasphemous and ignorant for lack of a better word. Yeah he may be selling a ton of records, but most of them sales is definitely notfrom his so-called lyrical talent.

Let's say that record labels have a skill for turning chittlins into filet mignon with the money and marketing power that they have in luring youngaudiences from suburbia between the 11-19 yr old age range to buy their artists' material during this lackluster musical depression state---especially inmainstream Rap.

And thats exactly how rappers like Lil' Wayne is being nominated with those 8 grammys and whatnot. I don't think Gatorade chose Wayne for his"unique" voice either, If that was the case they should have picked DMX or something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

the 2nd commercial is much better
Co-sign.

Money, Bolt, Tiger, Jackie, Billie Jean King, Peyton, Coach Wooden, Jackie Joyner... that version is sick!

I didn't expect to see Jackie Robinson in the 2nd commercial...If that was computer animation,that was the best yet...Both of them are nice and it was coolto see Jason McElwain in the 2nd one...

Sure was ill seeing jackie in the 2nd one.

I like the commercial on silent. Lil wayne isn't even that respectable to be in this commercial. I'm sure they wouldn't pick a nobody to talk overit either.

Nice marketing though.

wow sick lineup, lil wayne narrating in the background doesn't fit at all. cmon gatorade you can find someone better.

Back
Top Bottom