Gerald Green is he the future face of the Rockets?????

It seems like to me everybody looks @ g.green as just a dunker and right now he is but I've seen flashes of his potential and it looks to me like the skyis the limit as long as he's focused I remember hearing before last summer he was going to work with Kobe cause Kobe I guess liked what he saw and withT-mac in his ear from now until @ least next season should the NBA be on the lookout for g.green 3-5 seasons from now???discuss

Originally Posted by Chettaonjays

It seems like to me everybody looks @ g.green as just a dunker and right now he is but I've seen flashes of his potential and it looks to me like the sky is the limit as long as he's focused I remember hearing before last summer he was going to work with Kobe cause Kobe I guess liked what he saw and with T-mac in his ear from now until @ least next season should the NBA be on the lookout for g.green 3-5 seasons from now???discuss

He put up encouraging numbers last years with outside shots but I'm not willing to put any sort of franchise tag until he actually shows something onthe court consistently.

I think he's a good kid, has amazing hops, and has a nice stroke from 3. With that said, when you think the future face of the Rockets is a guy who standsin one spot for 23 seconds on each offensive possession, then that means the Rockets are in trouble.

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

he cant shoot

You obviously haven't seen him play........well, not many people have, so I guess you're excused. Seriously though, at one point in the seasonlast year, Gerald was leading the league in 3 pt FG%. He's got a nice stroke.

v022623A.jpg

he could be, but to the average fan - the nba needs to start advertising that he's actually from houston if he starts getting minutes and making headlineswith his play

No basketball IQ, no IQ in general actually. If you watch him, just him on a offensive possession, he just stays in the same place for the whole time unlessthe ball gets passed to him. He really cannot shoot either. Some people think he is better than he actually is because he won the dunk contest, but for real,he's nothing special. For him to be what you're saying he might be is a long ways ahead. If he even gets there.

I think he'll start to break out if he just gets some playing time.

He averaged 10-11 pts a game in Boston and he didn't even play that much.

Right now:

Gerald Green = Jonathan Bender

To me it seems like his ceiling ends at a player like Rashard Lewis (except way more athletic), but I don't think that he will get that far. I personallythink he'll end up being about as good as DeShawn Stevenson. Maybe a game similar to Earl Smith (2008).

Gerald CAN shoot. He just can't handle the ball and doesn't know how to be apart of an offense. Also he doesn't play defense at all. I trulybelieve he could get it all together one day, but right now, he's still got a LONG way to go.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

he could be, but to the average fan - the nba needs to start advertising that he's actually from houston if he starts getting minutes and making headlines with his play

Oh he does, peep the tattoo.

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

he cant shoot

One of the reasons pro scouts were in awe with him was his combination of range and athleticism.

Gerald Green does have ELITE level ability...the problem is he just doesnt know how to play basketball yet.

Back
Top Bottom