GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

So White people in the U.K. aren't rascist to Black people there?
Not trying to play racist olympics because of course they are going to face racism but it's not the same thing

The English experience in general is nothing like the American experience let alone bringing the racial differences into it

Last edited:
Well he didn't really criticize Kaluuya or his acting. He just mentioned that the experiences are different.

His point also brings up the issue with the fact that there are rarely any roles for black American actors and then when you throw in English or French black actors into the mix it starts to create a "they took err jobs" mentality. Because your sitting here wondering why the British guy gets the role of an la gangster when I'm from LA and an actor
I dig it, still think it's kinda funky but I dig it
I can see both sides to sams question, but sam admitted he hadn't seen the movie yet so imo he can't ask that question without seeing the movie.

But I understand he trying to promote american talent first in a role like that. He mentioned how the movie Selma had british actors playing MLK and wife
Also dug

So White people in the U.K. aren't rascist to Black people there?
Not trying to play racist olympics because of course they are going to face racism but it's not the same thing
And how would the difference impact the story being told?
Not so much about the story but how the character is being portrayed. In this case like I said, there's Jordan Peele to direct those scenes. But like imagine something like Boys in the Hood not being directed by John singleton and it starring British actors in the roles. It's not going to reflect correctly

A good actor can portray a character however the director wants them to. Interracial dating isn't something exclusive to the Black American experience. The director has gone through it and knows exactly how it's supposed to be portrayed and he found an actor to do it regardless of where he's from.

The argument for boyz n the hood is a little different because that film is set in regional realism versus horror. While having actors from that environment lend some more realism, Singleton's direction is what would help an actor give the best portrayal.

Samuel L. Jackson throwing shade at the film

Samuel L. Jackson critiques 'Get Out' casting
Not throwing shade. Bringing up a discussion about things. For example if you've seen that Netflix movie imperial dreams, John Boyega is horrible in it. Nothing about his performance shows that he has a grasp on the black American male experience at all. From how he dresses, no regional accent at all etc. maybe if an American actor was cast in that role they would've been able embody it better

JB didn't deliver? Wow I had Imperial Dreams on my to do list. I'll check it out. Shocked to hear that

imperial dreams was aight...im a sucker for father/son emotional movies though...

was shocked when keke palmer popped up...

Idk about y'all but the ending was :smh: to me

Such a good buildup/story with no payoff

Last edited by a moderator:
I def cried at the end of Fruitville.

And honestly from the trailers I wasn't feeling that Netflix Boyega movie.

Umm more like there are non whites who align with systematic white supremacy idealolgies.

Lol many non blacks have no issue with systematic white supremacy until their card gets pulled i.e non black minorties under the Trump presidenacy.

THIS.

unfortunate this.

times like this, i think about how important a show the boondocks was (when mcgruder was still on it). its a show netflix should've picked up.

Last edited:
I think some things with the movie we're over analyzing, lol.

I don't think Peele purposely chose a black British actor over a black American actor. Also the whole "a white man inside of a Chinese man" theory (sure it was a joke, lol).

Still some very deep subs in the movie though... one of my favorites being him picking cotton to free himself.

I thought Imperial Dreams was pretty good, but I understand what people are talking about with the main character. The supporting cast was way better

Yoooo this movie man :smh:

Too scary. Way worse than being a sex slave.What gets me is if white ppl could scientifically do this they would do this.

Last edited:
Another shock to me was the Asian guy at the party. I had the Scooby-Doo face on like

View media item 2360827 He just stood out like a sore thumb. Lol wasn't expecting that.

I'm glad that was included though. Shows no matter what race/ethnicity you are , you can still contribute to white supremacy.
What's up with Asians who's first names are Matthew, Amy, etc, but their last names are Wu, Cha.:nerd:

?

Yoooo this movie man :smh:

Too scary. Way worse than being a sex slave.What gets me is if white ppl could scientifically do this they would do this.

they would def take our bodies bro.

I do wonder what makes it not necessarily possible though..Peele did base the science in the film on actual science and what can be done. Not necesarily the hypnosis and sunken place stuff, but the host body and brain transplant. To a good nuerological surgeon itd be just like dropped a new hard drive into another mainframe. I'm sure its bee tried in animals. no doubt about it.

I do wonder what makes it not necessarily possible though..Peele did base the science in the film on actual science and what can be done. Not necesarily the hypnosis and sunken place stuff, but the host body and brain transplant. To a good nuerological surgeon itd be just like dropped a new hard drive into another mainframe. I'm sure its bee tried in animals. no doubt about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/us/georgia-gym-mat-death/

"During an autopsy, internal organs are removed and examined before being returned for burial. But when Dr. Bill Anderson, the private pathologist who conducted the second autopsy, opened up the teen's remains, the brain, heart, lungs, liver and other viscera were missing. Every organ from the pelvis to the skull was gone."

Truth is stranger than fiction. This kind of **** happens every day.

Last edited:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/us/georgia-gym-mat-death/

"During an autopsy, internal organs are removed and examined before being returned for burial. But when Dr. Bill Anderson, the private pathologist who conducted the second autopsy, opened up the teen's remains, the brain, heart, lungs, liver and other viscera were missing. Every organ from the pelvis to the skull was gone."

Truth is stranger than fiction. This kind of **** happens every day.

well they're always wanted our organs. Thy've always been on that wave. that's light work. Easy. I can see them getting even more greedy and thinking about going a step further.

Last edited:
^ what does that video have to do with this post?

My side discussion about how organ harvesting is very real. In the movie they wanted the whole body. In real life, it's not that different. This movie is an artsy way of showing what really happens to black people in the world like liberal racism, blatant racism, kidnapping, slavery, mind control/brainwashing, organ harvesting, police harassment, etc. That post is me highlighting an example.

Do you feel like that has no place in this discussion?

What's up with asians who have american first names, but different ethnic last names?

In Asian culture, they actually will have ethnic first names...but they'll also have a nickname which will serve as their first name when dealing with American society. For example...if someone's real name can be (Asian first and last name), but his American name will be James. I ran into this in high school a lot, teacher would call on James, but when I looked at sons drivers license, it would say some next ****

That's my assumption though, I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom