Getting a credit card??

What's up NT fam. As surprising as it might sound, I'm 21 and I don't have a credit card
frown.gif
. But every time I try to get one, my sisters or cousins advise me to stay away from one until I graduate or get a stable job. Right now I'm working a part time job so I get about 20 hours or so a week. From your own personal experience, do you guys think I should wait to get a credit card or get one now?(I'll have to get one sooner or later since I'll have to build up credit). I'm just worried I'll fall into a trap and make outrageous purchases(so many shoes coming out!!!). Any tips or personal experience you guys can share with me? Thanks NT.

Same boat as you, I have no credit and need to establish some. I can't even finance a car smh

you sound like you can't handle having a credit card

but if you are set on getting one get one with a really low limit

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

I'm working part time plus I'm still in college...shoes are a big part of my budget haha..and the friends I have always need to spend money when we chill! I think I just need to find new friends..haha

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

I'm working part time plus I'm still in college...shoes are a big part of my budget haha..and the friends I have always need to spend money when we chill! I think I just need to find new friends..haha
Yeah no offense, but you already sound tempted. Therefore, in my humble opinion, you should not get one quite yet or get a really low limit like $300 lol. However, it's advisable you don't even go over 30% of your CL, thus that really gives you a limit of $90 if you adhere to that lulzz

Originally Posted by salbah3

Yeah no offense, but you already sound tempted. Therefore, in my humble opinion, you should not get one quite yet or get a really low limit like $300 lol. However, it's advisable you don't even go over 30% of your CL, thus that really gives you a limit of $90 if you adhere to that lulzz
Would getting one with a low limit help build credit?  I have money in the bank to cover what i'd spend but just no credit
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Would getting one with a low limit help build credit?  I have money in the bank to cover what i'd spend but just no credit
30t6p3b.gif
Yes, having a credit card even with a low limit will help build credit (it's highly likely your first card will have a $300 or 500 limit anyways). At 21 I would suggest signing up for one and start building your credit.

It'd probably be a good idea to keep it to minor purchases (cheap meals/groceries) that you can for sure pay off at the end of the month in full. That, and keep your sneaker hobby/mall runs off of it.

you don't need to find new friends you just need to stop wasting your money on shoes

Back
Top Bottom