Girl meets world Vol. Boy Meets World sequel

I have the feeling that were setting ourselves up to be extremely disappointed. I bet that the old cast will be more like side characters than anything else. Don't be surprised if the old cast gets a couple of scenes an episode.

Agreed definitely can't have too high of expectations.

I just hope it's funny and they refer back to the old days as much as possible

Agreed definitely can't have too high of expectations.

I just hope it's funny and they refer back to the old days as much as possible

I would have higher hopes for this show if it were on ABC or ABC family rather than the Disney channel. I mean we're going to get crappy episodes with Corey's kid and her friend trying to score Justin Beiber tickets or some trash while Corey and Topanga getting advice from Feeney, Eric or Shawn on parenting. :smh:

I would have higher hopes for this show if it were on ABC or ABC family rather than the Disney channel. I mean we're going to get crappy episodes with Corey's kid and her friend trying to score Justin Beiber tickets or some trash while Corey and Topanga getting advice from Feeney, Eric or Shawn on parenting. :smh:

This would be ideal.

ABC Family would keep the show family friendly but would add a little edge that you won't see on Disney, Truth be told, Boy Meets World Seasons 3 through the end of the show as non threatening as they were would've never made it on today's Disney channel. Disney would never green light an episode where Corey and Topanga slept together overnight at the school for their video project, they would never highlight Shawn's family problems and they would never highlight Harley's bulling. This show will probably look alot like That's So Raven or Corey in the House. :smh:

k-bigpic.jpg

BF2NFdICEAAtis9.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Either way, ABC is under the Disney umbrella. If the show is successful and manages to last for a few years, the subject matter will have to mature with the cast. I just doubt they'll be able to balance the comedy, silliness and dramatic elements the way BMW did for all those years.

With Disney's 65 episode rule they'll keep running the same junk for three seasons. ABC may be under the Disney umbrella but Disney and its ABC affiliates cater to two different audiences

After shooting a pilot earlier this year for the highly-anticipated Boy Meets World follow-up, Girl Meets World, Disney Channel has officially announced that they will move forward with the show, which is now set to premiere sometime in 2014.

In addition to the announcement that they’re taking the pilot to series, Disney also released a new plot description as well as a new photo from the pilot (above), revealing a bit more about the series, which includes an “interesting” profession for one of John Adams High’s best and brightest, Topanga.

You can read the series description below:

Set in New York City, the new comedy series will tell the wonderfully funny, heartfelt stories that Boy Meets World is renowned for — only this time from a tween girl’s perspective — as the curious and bright 7th grader Riley and her quick-witted friend Maya (played by Sabrina Carpenter) embark on an unforgettable middle school experience. But their plans for a carefree year will be adjusted slightly under the watchful eyes of Riley’s dad who’s also a faculty member — and their new History teacher — and Riley’s mom who owns a trendy after-school hangout that specializes in pudding.

Possible red flag: they actually use the words "tween girl" in the official plot description

what happened to the Dad? How come he's not in the pictures?

and what the hell did Rachel do to herself?!?!

Alot of people are gonna be disappointed. This is not meant for us its meant for kids. My mom used to tell me all the time how corny she thought the show was :lol:

And for those saying "Ah man its for tweens", hell thats what boy meets world was too it just didn't have a name. We just grew up along with the characters.

And for those saying "Ah man its for tweens", hell thats what boy meets world was too it just didn't have a name. We just grew up along with the characters.

I guess the problem isn't that it's aimed for tweens cause like you said, the old show was pretty much aimed at that age.

The problem is that now there's a whole cookie-cutter tween "tone" that Disney uses across the board.

I guess the problem isn't that it's aimed for tweens cause like you said, the old show was pretty much aimed at that age.

The problem is that now there's a whole cookie-cutter tween "tone" that Disney uses across the board.

Now that is true they have a set formula that they go with all the time. I

Also this is gonna be from a girls point of view so again a lot of us fellas aren't gonna feel it.

Either way its good have to see them all working again lol

Odds are it's going to be just like all the current Disney channel shows, and no amount of Cory and Topanga and Feeny will probably make that watchable. If it's partially like the old show, then it might be worth a watch for older fans, but probably not.

Back
Top Bottom