Girl Talk.

rolled for the first time when i saw him live down here at the u of a ...definetely recommend going to one of his shoes girls lose their minds and sexy hipstergirls ftw
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by hugebird

Seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. I mean, having sweaty hipsters all over me kinda sucked, but getting wasted and dancing and making out with random cuties is always fun for me.You have to make sure that you are at a small, intimate venue when you see him.
x2... great time.

i don't understand how his live show can be better, he's just playing songs on his computers
laugh.gif

it's not like a rock show where guys play their instruments and stuff... meh, whatever.

He came to penn state and all hell broke loose.. i was jamming to feed all summer, it was a pretty sick album... his older stuff doesn't do much for methough.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

ehh .. theres parts that sound extremely
pimp.gif
and then some of it is
ohwell.gif

w0rd.... just like 99% of all blends/mashups.

i cant really *$%% with too much of the dudes original tracks (lol @ "original"). its funny/makes sense to hear that duke was a bioengineer orwhatever, because i always thought dudes tracks were mad formulaic.... ie: mad predictable + repetitive at times. and seeing some of his videos.... he'salways talking about time in seconds, rather than bars/bpm (which is weird for musicians in my experience).

dudes live show is crunk though, he plays a good mix of hip-hop/electro/indie joints. emphasis on "plays"....

id like to chop it up with him though. everything ive seen and heard leads me to believe that he's more of a math/technology guy that likes music, than apure musical talent. i say that because it seems like hes all about time intervals and synchronization, moreso than just jammin out to what "soundsgood"... but his dj sets and the way he can read the crowd lead me to think otherwise...

i guess what im saying is.... if you take the laptop away... dude is probably still a bioengineer. i say that, not to hate... but because i havent heard anyoriginal music from the dude. everything is recycled/chopped up/redone.... and done well, i might add. dude is definitely talented... but mashups are mashups.

like.... with ratatat.... them dudes actually recreate and reproduce songs.... leading me to believe they have some genuine musical ability.

but anyway.... thats just me thinking out loud.

his setup:
i asked the question about his setup in the electro thread a long time ago, when i was debating whether or not to peep him out. dude rolls dolo with thelaptop, and really has no other equipment. to those that asked the software question, he uses audiomulch and cool edit pro.

cool edit pro (audition) is pretty much and audio editing program like sonic foundry, audacity, etc. its been around forever and its what i learned to editaudio with in college. its called adobe audtion now.

audiomultch is pretty much an audio sequencing program, like ableton/pro tools/fruity loops/etc. its live sequencing features are pretty ill, and what makesgirl talk pretty interesting to me. for you NT producers, basically imagine doing a DJ set in piano roll mode in Fruity Loops.

it basically allows you to use your computer as your MIDI controller. thats why dude doesnt need anything besides the laptop... he controls everything via hiskeyboard.

anyway, girl talk is coo....
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom