Glorifying Resellers: Teens to Adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

quise2024

Banned
Now that these kind of stories are hitting sites like yahoo .....bring on the masses of newbs looking for a buck :rolleyes

Full article in link below, pasted a few things that stood out to me

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/young-traders-market-where-air-190434266.html

"Jake White, 14, of Freehold, N.J., has 81 pairs in his collection, helped a lot by gifts from his parents. He estimates they’ve spent $11,000 on shoes and could probably make $20,000 if he sold them all. “I know just about everything about sneakers,” he said. “I only wear them in the summer because I don’t want to take down the value of them.”

"Teenagers know what draws top dollar and are careful to walk like ducks so as not to crease new shoes they plan to sell quickly. (The collectors look for their sizes to wear the shoes, and men’s sizes are more valuable.) At these events, experts check the soles, tongues and other marks to authenticate shoes."

:x :x :x :x :x :x

"Just like the aura around other highly prized collector’s items, sometimes it’s the deal that doesn’t get made that generates the most buzz.

At the Manhattan event last month, one young vendor turned away $98,000 in cash for his Nike Air Yeezy 2 “Red October” sneakers, designed by Kanye West and signed by the artist himself onstage at the Nassau Coliseum in February.

“I know I could buy a house with this kind of money,” said the vendor, Jonathan Rodriguez, 18, of Deer Park, N.Y., who said he planned to enlist in the Air Force. “But I’m a huge Kanye West fan. I can just work to get the money. The only way I’m selling them is if there is a reason that I need to sell or I’m offered life-changing money.”

Why did you even take them if you werent selling them then dude? And 98k shame on the dude saying he'd drop that, I call DUCK TALES

:smh:

Last edited:
jUAYwtDJAYtWJ_e.jpg

same story different kids

Teenagers know what draws top dollar and are careful to walk like ducks so as not to crease new shoes they plan to sell quickly

ih85aBDv0Jl1L.gif

Last edited:
it should be a crime to resell shoes. just like its illegal to sell a boat load of goods like caps and shirts without a license.

It will eventually.

People are just having a hard time believing that shoes sell like this.

But I know a few kids that have rich parents and thats how they are able to afford their hypebeast game.

I just laugh. They have no idea.

^^^Duck walking gif up there is funny as hell. $98,000 for some shoes? :smh: Stop it. Knows damn well he wasn't going to pay that.

I'm in hs and I take no money from my parents for kicks. I get one pair for my birthday, and the rest comes from chores and a summer job. I find it embarrassing that other kids my age take money from their parents so readily, blow it all, and they're the ones that are going to be in for a rough time when they're forced on their own. I'm cool with the 15 or so pairs I have that I worked for.

I remember the good old days when you could walk into a Footlocker, Footaction, etc on a Saturday and be able to get a pair. I mean the last time around when all the 6's released a lot of them sat for a while and even wound up on sale.. White Varsity Red 6's and Oreo 6's made it down to $99.. there was even quite a few release's hitting the Outlets and not just the B-Grade pairs.. The resellers and hypebeasts forever changed the shoe game

Everyone wants to "hustle" and think they are making bank. What's soo funny is that they don't even save the money, whatever profit they made, they use it for the next "hot" release and repeat the process. And Nike keeps stacking these releases so you're forever stuck to buying and rebuying shoes to keep your "hustle" up.

yeah there are some similarities to flipping shoes and selling drugs (from what I hear) some not all the people that flip shoes specially these lil kids don't know what a real hustle is

Last edited:
I can't wait for the next fad to come along so I can go back to enjoying my sneakers in peace.
Me and you both bro. But what pisses me off is the youngsters these day have no value for knowing what being in line means. They take carpe diem to the max

Dudes crack me up. Sittin round spin in wax collectively praying everyone except them stops liking sneakers. Lol an addict's game with one self.

Teenagers cashing in that consumer surplus in those 100 pair closets. They won't be done till the money's done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom