Going to India for a week, what should I expect???

Long time no see NT,

So I will be going on a trip to India (mumbai) and the surrounding cities, I have never been out of the united states what should I expect? should I get vaccinations? (are they even needed?) who has made a trip that far? I will pnly be there for a week but still, id like to know what im getting into.

Thanks Fam

Get vaccinated, specially if you've never been out of the country, it's just smart to.

Drink only bottled water. You'll avoid sickness this way.

If you're landing in New Dehli, don't give your bags to anyone, some dudes act like they work there, but they'll run off with your bags.

If you're buying stuff from street vendors, always bargain, specially since you'll look like you're not from there, they will try to milk you.

Don't eat any boneless chicken.

Beggars will beg, if you give, be prepared for a BUNCH of them to come and beg more and not let you move until you give. My advice is to not give unless it's like one of them.

If I think of anymore I'll post.

India is a fun place, especially Mumbai. If you're from a big city ie New York then you're going to fit well into India.

I do recommended that you look to get vaccinated and make sure you drink bottled water. Also, be prepared to withstand the horrible stench odor when you get off the plane. For some reason, when I was in India--it smelled like hot sweat mixed with old urine. I couldn't stand the smell at first, but after awhile you get used to it.

I do recommened that you check out the local spots and eat the food. Some of the best food you'll ever have in the world.

If you have some time, I say you check out the Taj Mahal and the Ghanges River (make sure you go see Varanasi when you're there), Virupaksha Temple, Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple), Ajanta Caves are incredible too. You will not be disappointed.

Everything Kal-El-8 posted was 100% right as well. Especially about the beggers. It's tough to say no to those little kids :frown:

Last edited:
You are up for treat there bud :smile: I was there for a month a few years a go for work...not fun. Basically is ****hole.
 For some reason, when I was in India--it smelled like hot sweat mixed with old urine.
Yeah, couse they all crap and pee on the street, along with the animals and all, oh and they eat right there too :smile:
 ...eat the food. Some of the best food you'll ever have in the world.
Do it, if you want diarrhea for weeks.

Last edited:
India is a fun place, especially Mumbai. If you're from a big city ie New York then you're going to fit well into India.

I do recommended that you look to get vaccinated and make sure you drink bottled water. Also, be prepared to withstand the horrible stench odor when you get off the plane. For some reason, when I was in India--it smelled like hot sweat mixed with old urine. I couldn't stand the smell at first, but after awhile you get used to it.

I do recommened that you check out the local spots and eat the food. Some of the best food you'll ever have in the world.

If you have some time, I say you check out the Taj Mahal and the Ghanges River (make sure you go see Varanasi when you're there), Virupaksha Temple, Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple), Ajanta Caves are incredible too. You will not be disappointed.
Great advice

Harmandir Sahib is absolutely amazing. I've been 4 times in my life, and everytime I see it, it's just
eek.gif

Also Mumbai is rather modern compared to other cities. Think Detroit
roll.gif

My family is in a village, so when I go to India, it's way different.

Get vaccinated, specially if you've never been out of the country, it's just smart to.

Drink only bottled water. You'll avoid sickness this way.

If you're landing in New Dehli, don't give your bags to anyone, some dudes act like they work there, but they'll run off with your bags.

If you're buying stuff from street vendors, always bargain, specially since you'll look like you're not from there, they will try to milk you.

Don't eat any boneless chicken.

Beggars will beg, if you give, be prepared for a BUNCH of them to come and beg more and not let you move until you give. My advice is to not give unless it's like one of them.

If I think of anymore I'll post.
how come??? :nerd:

bollywood flow! from documentaries I've seen RATS!
mean.gif

Of course a documentary is gonna show the bad stuff
laugh.gif

India is fun man, has a bad rep in some sense, but it is one of the most beautiful places you'll ever visit. You'll definitely gain perspective on life and how good we have it here. Our problems are NOTHING compared to how some people live there.

Also the smell is because there is no trash system, they just throw it out and light it on fire
laugh.gif

You just have to follow some of the advice we're giving you and you'll be completely fine.

As someone who's half, all I can say is good luck. And most importantly, Do NOT eat ANYTHING from a food cart unless you want to be throwing up for a week straight (speaking from personal experience). There's absolutely no balance in life there; it's either high class or slum conditions

:smh:

Of course a documentary is gonna show the bad stuff :lol:

India is fun man, has a bad rep in some sense, but it is one of the most beautiful places you'll ever visit. You'll definitely gain perspective on life and how good we have it here. Our problems are NOTHING compared to how some people live there.

Also the smell is because there is no trash system, they just throw it out and light it on fire :lol:

You just have to follow some of the advice we're giving you and you'll be completely fine.

it wasn't even a bad documentary is about a temple where they worship rats like gods

All these rural freakshows and grimy uneducated idiots who don't know deodorant exists make the rest of us look bad :lol: 99.9% of Indian people arent going around charming snakes and worshipping rats

Last edited:
From what I heard, they have some of the best burger joints in the world. Try em out and let us know.

All these rural freakshows and grimy uneducated idiots who don't know deodorant exists make the rest of us look bad
laugh.gif
99.9% of Indian people arent going around charming snakes and worshipping rats
Bruh there are still people who think all indians eat is curry and that we all smell.

Like B, I cant eem remember the last time i had curry
laugh.gif
  Don't smell either.

When people say that I just wanna be like what is ya ignant?

based off the posts in here...

India sounds like it sucks, bro.

Sorry.
frown.gif
So because travelers have to be careful when they visit India is the reason why "They're coming here"?

Nah b, thats the way of life in India.

Indians come here for more opportunities, just like any other group of people coming to America.

it was an ignorant thing to say..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom