GOING TO NEW YORK IN 2 WEEKS VOL. WHAT TO DO?

Going for about 5 days with my girl in 2 weeks. I've been there couple years ago but don't really remember a lot. Besides the obvious tourist attractions is there anything that I shouldn't miss out on? As of now, we are planning to watch Nets/Knicks playoff game but thats about it. Any specific restaurants? Bars? I really wanna eat good while I'm over. Also, we purposely didn't get a rental car so we can experience the whole subway thing. I'm coming from LA btw. Thanks

I haven't been in years, but check out Havana Outpost in Brooklyn its a cool spot.

Is club Santos still popping NYC heads? If so check that out

soho is obvious, pies n things in Brooklyn (Williamburg), 2 bros pizza is str8, bar 89 in soho i like going to after shopping. I mean there tons to do what do u like to do or where u want to take your girl. They have moonlight ride in Central park every first friday at 10pm. 

im tried from studying so about to go to sleep but if i can think of anything while im a school ill post.

Stay at the pink houses in bk if you need a decent spot to stay at when your out there.

Aside from that have a fun trip.

make sure you go to sbarros. hands down best pizza you can find in ny.

also hit up flightclub and buy urself and your wife a pair of matching solar yeezys

Basically stay in Soho. Supreme, katz deli, New era store, Alfie, reed space, Lombardi pizza.

Santos is still good.  I know Fridays is hip hop night. Good dj's.

If going to MSG, go to doughnut plant on 23 st. good doughnuts.  

Check out Dallas bbq's as well. Get the sticky wings and a Texas sized drink.  The one on 23 is alright, but the on on 72 st near The museum of natural history is better. (less tourist-y, no offense,lol)

Magnolia bakery near Dallas bbq's on 72 as well for some bomb cupcakes.

Carmines for some good Italian food. One by times square is always crowded so the one on Broadway should be better.  Less tourist-y as well.

the obvious museums (the met,Guggenheim), plays, shows, etc

can't think of anything else.  Central park, Tompkins square park to people watch and chill.  I'm  not really a drinker so I cant tell you any bars.  

Last edited:
was gonna help but then realized you're a heat fan 
mean.gif

Smh !@dudes trying to get you killed in here Dont listen to any of these guys if u really want to get the best bang for your buck for a tourist experience check in at the mill brook house right off the 6 train on 138st.

Last edited:
I'll be up there in August, too. Just posting to check y'all's recommendations... Not sure if that's a good idea since I'm not trying to be somebody's come-up out there doe.

soho is obvious, pies n things in Brooklyn (Williamburg), 2 bros pizza is str8, bar 89 in soho i like going to after shopping. I mean there tons to do what do u like to do or where u want to take your girl. They have moonlight ride in Central park every first friday at 10pm. 
im tried from studying so about to go to sleep but if i can think of anything while im a school ill post.

Good solid recommendations and inexpensive

Going for about 5 days with my girl in 2 weeks. I've been there couple years ago but don't really remember a lot. Besides the obvious tourist attractions is there anything that I shouldn't miss out on? As of now, we are planning to watch Nets/Knicks playoff game but thats about it. Any specific restaurants? Bars? I really wanna eat good while I'm over. Also, we purposely didn't get a rental car so we can experience the whole subway thing. I'm coming from LA btw. Thanks

OP, you MUST go to THE HALAL GUYS on 53rd and 6th. Make sure its THE Halal guys, all the other ones are imposters. I was never into Halal food until I tried them for the first time. Also, be sure to stop at NIKETOWN New York right around the corner...

I can confirm that the Halal Guys on 53rd and 6th are awesome. Just be prepared to wait in line. Unless you go at a random time. And even then it's likely to be a line.

Hit up Chinatown and go to Hop Kee on Mott St. It's relatively inexpensive and the food is dank as hell. Get the Crabs Cantonese. I've never gotten the duck but all my friends claim it's the ****. Was there a couple weeks back and we got two full ducks, an order or crabs cantonese, shrimp lo mein, chicken lo mein, beef lo mein, seafood special (had every kind of seafood you could imagine), several other dishes, and a round of beers for all 9 of us. The total after tax and tip was only like $160 for all of us.

Let me know what you're into and I'll try to put you in the right direction.

Soho? Santos, Culture Club ...any restaurant in Chinatown after.

Uptown? Harlem, Sylvia's   ...The Heights are for locals and Dominicans, you won't get the MTV experience if you're not Hispanic, they are VERY FORWARD about that being THEIR little piece of Manhattan..

Brooklyn? Brooklyn Bridge Park area ....Juniors for dinning.

Manhattan? There's so much to do in Manhattan ... 

Like I said just let me know and I put you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom