GOING TO NEW YORK IN 2 WEEKS VOL. WHAT TO DO?

The food is fine, delish actually. You can have a restaurant with great food but if the atmosphere sucks (ambiance, good looking people, and energy) it doesn't matter.

BBQ's had the most poppin' atmosphere in Times Square. 

It's the hangout spot because it's not that expensive and it's close to everything.  Motown classics, floor to ceiling windows, great staff and the FASTEST service in Times Square. I've been to 80% of the restaurants in Time Square. BBQ's is the FASTEST.

...and you can tell you don't venture in that sector that often, no one calls it Dallas BBQ's ... "BBQ's" and people know what you're talking about.
Please not this again. Trying to pull someone's card and you're not even from New York. I call it BBQs. OP doesn't know it by BBQs. The name of the chain is Dallas BBQ. It was referred to as Dallas BBQ by multiple people in this thread.

Last edited:
Please not this again. Trying to pull someone's card and you're not even from New York. I call it BBQs. OP doesn't know it by BBQs. The name of the chain is Dallas BBQ. It was referred to as Dallas BBQ by multiple people in this thread.
roll.gif
Where did you come across this information?  Secondly I wasn't trying to pull you card, you did that yourself with that self-check disrespect reply directed at everyone in here who tried to push OP in the right direction.

Dinosaur BBQ in uptown isn't even the official one my guy, Syracuse is buddy. Secondly I did the honor of checking statistics for BBQ's and Dinosaur... BBQs WINS, by a landslide publicly and fiscal. In fact the joint you were trying to send OP to isn't favored AT ALL. They're actually trying to build one in Park Slope because of the lack of interest in the uptown location.

I went to NY maybe 5 years ago. Grimaldis pizza in Brooklyn was very good. Did someone really sbarros? Lol mall food court pizza no thanks

:rofl: Where did you come across this information?  Secondly I wasn't trying to pull you card, you did that yourself with that self-check disrespect reply directed at everyone in here who tried to push OP in the right direction.

Dinosaur BBQ in uptown isn't even the official one my guy, Syracuse is buddy. Secondly I did the honor of checking statistics for BBQ's and Dinosaur... BBQs WINS, by a landslide publicly and fiscal. In fact the joint you were trying to send OP to isn't favored AT ALL. They're actually trying to build one in Park Slope because of the lack of interest in the uptown location.

Wait, you did research on statistics for BBQs & Dinosaur and I imagine based on revenue and traffic, BBQs wins? You think location (tourists) has anything to do with that? Idk, I've had both and I've had a lot of southern BBQ and I feel like 90% of people that know anything would say Dinosaur has much better BBQ. I'm sure there are chain pizza places that do better numbers than hole in the wall joints with great, authentic NY pizza but that doesn't mean ****.

I think I would know something about the Dinosaur in Syracuse being the legit one since I went to school up there and have eaten there on numerous occasions. It actually started in Albany then went to Rochester following the Cuse location. The one in Harlem is better than any BBQ in NYC, but suffers from poor location. Doesn't mean that its the inferior chain. Not even close. I offered a suggestion and some people took it the wrong way.

Last edited:
I went to NY maybe 5 years ago. Grimaldis pizza in Brooklyn was very good. Did someone really sbarros? Lol mall food court pizza no thanks

Grimaldis under the bridge is def better sbarros kids be bugging
People who mention Sbarro's are just joking. We had a thread on it and Michael Scott from The Office said that whenever he's in NY he likes to stop by Sbarro's for some authentic NY pizza :lol:.

People who mention Sbarro's are just joking. We had a thread on it and Michael Scott from The Office said that whenever he's in NY he likes to stop by Sbarro's for some authentic NY pizza :lol:.

lol I thought it was more NYC hype machine like how the best PG come from NY lol

Dinasour > BBQ's by far.

And dinasour is Almost always packed and busy whenever I've gone.

Hello? Paul's Da Burger Joint anybody? :smh:

If no one has mentioned it yet, check that place out. Probably best burgers in town. :smokin

On east village. 131 2nd Avenue

:nerd: haven't seen round these parts in long time. Sucks to hear that you lost money. But besides that, how was your trip? Where did you stay?

Oh my trip was ******g lovely. I was in queens (Elmhurst?).

Cool, good to hear that you had a great time. I'm not that familiar with Elmhurst, I know where it is and what not but just haven't ventured out there.

As for Girmaldi's, there's one out here in Long Island. Just wondering if anyone has been to it? I'm assuming that they use the same ingredients as the in BK. I know that one they get their tomatoes from Naples and cheese and etc from local places

Back
Top Bottom