Going to NY for the first time...

hit up flight club... the best sneaker store in the world... the prices are OD though but the selection is on point

ur prob just gonna do all the touristy stuff like going to time square aka boring stuff
You right, you right. Eat pizza, find that sewer the Ninja Turtles be in. Get passed by every taxi. What else is there to do?

Those threads are so old. I'm looking for some current info, and I thought there was a running thread. Guess not?

I'm traveling with wifey and 4 kids. Is this a good idea, or am I setting myself up?

Nyc is a grimmey place. Even for tourists let alone the residents that live there.

You'll have nyc cats shoot thier shot on your wife in front of you. You'll get mad.

take em to Disney world or a family oriented cruise ship. Save yourself a headache.

Nyc is a grimmey place. Even for tourists let alone the residents that live there.

You'll have nyc cats shoot thier shot on your wife in front of you. You'll get mad.

take em to Disney world or a family oriented cruise ship. Save yourself a headache.
That's what I was thinking... I might just do that. Save the NY trip for wife and I...

What kind of cuisine do you like and what's your budget? Can throw a few recommendations out there for you.

Cuisine.. Everything. Asian, Caribbean, American, Fusion, etc etc... Budget... Anything is possibleeeee

Those threads are so old. I'm looking for some current info, and I thought there was a running thread. Guess not?

I'm traveling with wifey and 4 kids. Is this a good idea, or am I setting myself up?
4 kids lol. Good luck. Left wifey & 5 kiddos back home and went dolo for a day on some high **** 4/20 last yr. Took the train from jfk to time square around 1AM. Got off the linden stop (queens) and walked upstairs to chief. Had 1/4 Zkittles on deck. Toked with a couple Uber Jamaican drivers and hood cats. Cats was not ready for that fire.. they showed love though even at 1AM. Gave em some greenery for the hospitality and took another train to Manhattan. Time square at 3am was lit. You and all those lights :smokin.
After that purposely got lost for couple hrs on the train grabbed a cheese pizza then back to jfk for red eye. Can’t wait to go back.

Cuisine.. Everything. Asian, Caribbean, American, Fusion, etc etc... Budget... Anything is possibleeeee

I'll just throw out my favorites then - by no means an exhaustive list but definitely my favorite regular spots (also warning - heavily skewed toward Asian restaurants and Manhattan).

Empanada Mama (LES / Hell's Kitchen) - Probably my all around favorite spot: huge selection of empanadas for very reasonable prices. Was always consistent and did me right during my time in the city. Also shouted out by ASAP Rocky in the song "Bahamas"

Doughnut Plant (various locations) - Favorite doughnut shop in the city with an assortment of cake and yeast doughnuts. Has two new seasonal flavors each month that they usually provide in both cake and yeast form. My favorite doughnuts in the city and one of the places I miss most dearly.

Prince St. Pizza - My favorite slice in NYC and it's a sicilian (square) slice called the "Spicy Spring". Utilizes old world style pepperonis on top of a spicy tomato sauce and oozing cheese. Super greasy slice but also phenomenal. If you're looking for a "traditional" NY slice I'd direct you to Joe's Pizza - preferably their original West Village location.

The Boil (LES / Greenwich Village) - A dope Cajun/Creole seafood spot where you choose the seasoning you want your shellfish cooked in and the pot is basically poured out onto your table for everyone to eat. It's not the most amazing place but if I ever had a craving for crab legs or shrimp this was the spot, easily

Sweet Chick (LES / Williamsburg / Crown Heights) - Great chicken and waffle spot. Backed by Nas. Chicken is solid - juicy and prepared in a sweet tea brine. Waffles are super light and come in a number of different flavors, all delicious

Tsurutontan (Union Square) - Extremely solid udon spot next to Union Square. Some mainstays are the wagyu truffle udon and duck breast udon - both are great moves after a night of drinking. Also don't sleep on the maitake mushroom appetizer, it's really good.

Kazunori (Flatiron District / NoMad) - A no-reservation hand-roll sushi bar that's an LA transplant. It's a spinoff from the SUGARFISH sushi restaurant but I prefer this spot because the wait usually isn't too insane (would suggest avoiding the early evening rush) and I think the hand-rolls are probably one of the better parts of SUGARFISH anyway. The handrolls are quite simple but unique from most garden variety handrolls: the seaweed wrapping is crispy and envelopes warm, sweet rice. The rolls are minimalist - a toro roll will really just have the tuna inside the seaweed and rice, without much for additional accoutrements, and in homage to the SUGARFISH name the fish will practically melt in your mouth. This isn't the crazy elevated sushi you'll find at the much more expensive omakase joints, but the refreshing quality and relatively lower price point make it an easy favorite of mine.

Cote (Flatiron) - 1 michelin star, fancy Korean bbq. Honestly, there's probably better value out there as far as KBBQ goes in the city, but the real reason you should come here is for the A5 miyazaki wagyu and their aged selections, which can run up to 280 days aged.

Jungsik (Tribeca) - 2 star michelin restaurant which elevates Korean cooking to the next level through the use of French techniques that are still based in Korean values and tradition. My girl is Korean and I took her here for her birthday - she HATES asian fusion restaurants (particularly Korean fused with anything else) but she absolutely loved Jungsik. The chef noticed that her name was Korean and even prepared a traditional Korean birthday dish free of charge. Amazing service and truly a unique dining experience if you're a fan of Korean food.

Just looking back at this list I DEFINITELY forgot some stuff, but I'm sure others will fill in as well. Enjoy your time in the city!

I'll just throw out my favorites then - by no means an exhaustive list but definitely my favorite regular spots (also warning - heavily skewed toward Asian restaurants and Manhattan).

Empanada Mama (LES / Hell's Kitchen) - Probably my all around favorite spot: huge selection of empanadas for very reasonable prices. Was always consistent and did me right during my time in the city. Also shouted out by ASAP Rocky in the song "Bahamas"

Doughnut Plant (various locations) - Favorite doughnut shop in the city with an assortment of cake and yeast doughnuts. Has two new seasonal flavors each month that they usually provide in both cake and yeast form. My favorite doughnuts in the city and one of the places I miss most dearly.

Prince St. Pizza - My favorite slice in NYC and it's a sicilian (square) slice called the "Spicy Spring". Utilizes old world style pepperonis on top of a spicy tomato sauce and oozing cheese. Super greasy slice but also phenomenal. If you're looking for a "traditional" NY slice I'd direct you to Joe's Pizza - preferably their original West Village location.

The Boil (LES / Greenwich Village) - A dope Cajun/Creole seafood spot where you choose the seasoning you want your shellfish cooked in and the pot is basically poured out onto your table for everyone to eat. It's not the most amazing place but if I ever had a craving for crab legs or shrimp this was the spot, easily

Sweet Chick (LES / Williamsburg / Crown Heights) - Great chicken and waffle spot. Backed by Nas. Chicken is solid - juicy and prepared in a sweet tea brine. Waffles are super light and come in a number of different flavors, all delicious

Tsurutontan (Union Square) - Extremely solid udon spot next to Union Square. Some mainstays are the wagyu truffle udon and duck breast udon - both are great moves after a night of drinking. Also don't sleep on the maitake mushroom appetizer, it's really good.

Kazunori (Flatiron District / NoMad) - A no-reservation hand-roll sushi bar that's an LA transplant. It's a spinoff from the SUGARFISH sushi restaurant but I prefer this spot because the wait usually isn't too insane (would suggest avoiding the early evening rush) and I think the hand-rolls are probably one of the better parts of SUGARFISH anyway. The handrolls are quite simple but unique from most garden variety handrolls: the seaweed wrapping is crispy and envelopes warm, sweet rice. The rolls are minimalist - a toro roll will really just have the tuna inside the seaweed and rice, without much for additional accoutrements, and in homage to the SUGARFISH name the fish will practically melt in your mouth. This isn't the crazy elevated sushi you'll find at the much more expensive omakase joints, but the refreshing quality and relatively lower price point make it an easy favorite of mine.

Cote (Flatiron) - 1 michelin star, fancy Korean bbq. Honestly, there's probably better value out there as far as KBBQ goes in the city, but the real reason you should come here is for the A5 miyazaki wagyu and their aged selections, which can run up to 280 days aged.

Jungsik (Tribeca) - 2 star michelin restaurant which elevates Korean cooking to the next level through the use of French techniques that are still based in Korean values and tradition. My girl is Korean and I took her here for her birthday - she HATES asian fusion restaurants (particularly Korean fused with anything else) but she absolutely loved Jungsik. The chef noticed that her name was Korean and even prepared a traditional Korean birthday dish free of charge. Amazing service and truly a unique dining experience if you're a fan of Korean food.

Just looking back at this list I DEFINITELY forgot some stuff, but I'm sure others will fill in as well. Enjoy your time in the city!

BRUH. Thank you!

Most of stuff I would recommend is for adults but here's a few for visitors

Levain - for good and huge cookies. like the size of your fist size
Chip in Gansevoort Market - more good and huge cookies.
American Museum of Natural History
The Intrepid sea, air and space museum
Lions & Tigers & Squares Detroit Pizza
Prince Street Pizza
East Village Pizza
WTC observation deck
Empire State observation deck
Brooklyn Childrens Museum
boat tour around Manhattan - good for taking NYC skyline pics
Chelsea Market
Ellis Island
Statue of Liberty
Katz Deli
Magnolia Bakery

Check out the High Line.

But also protect your belongings at all times. Tourist stay getting pick-pocketed throughout the entire city.

If no one already mentioned it, make it to the NT summit at the Pink Houses.

Just mention you know Meth at the door and you’ll be good.

bruce negro and krazy88s have you on the right track.

I prefer Dough to Doughnut Plant personally. Joe's is a legendary slice spot for pizza with a few locations around the city.

Museum of Natural History, Intrepid, Brooklyn Children's Museum, Zoo at Prospect Park, Coney Island (Luna Park and the Aquarium) are all solid for the kids. Can probably find a few other things for them.

There is also great pizza in the Coney Island area if you head out that way. Totonno's. Spumoni Gardens.

get a chopped cheese sandwich from hajjis in harlem... never had it but heard its really good and hajjis got the best chopped cheese sandwich

atlien seeko atlien seeko since you'll have the whole fam with ya, you definitely want to give your little ones the Times Sq. experience, despite it being super busy & pricey. Even if you walk around so they can see the crowds and lights, at least you got it done. Museums, Intrepid, Brooklyn Children's Museum & the Prospect Park Zoo are all great ideas.

Food wise, the options really are so plentiful it's hard for me to get a list going :lol: guess its dependent on your taste buds.

Back
Top Bottom