GoPro Video Thread

P4L this could be amazing

I actually went to buy one today, found out they were $400 for the new Hero3+ ill wait..

Didn't even know about this gadget until my trip from Hawaii. Made me want to buy one out there man!

But for $400. As you said... I'll wait.

This thread is awesome! The lion video...Wow

Edit: just watched the shark riders video. By far my favorite one.

Last edited:
Im going to Disneyland with my kid on summer... Ive been lookin to buy this GOpro or the sony action cam. Im just afraid that after that trip it will be on my desk collecting dust. maybe ill just rent gopro for 2 weeks.

Bought one 2 weeks ago for trip to Panama. P4L, as I'm still learning how to use it.

http://dgise.com/post/62262921573/gopro-hero-4-specs-and-release-date-are-disclosed
sick.gif
eek.gif
nthat.gif

i want the gp4!
4k AND streaming!

wish i could sell my gp2
ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
if you think that's a legit article.  shame on you. 
laugh.gif

Anyways I gotta goPROhero3 Silver.  It's great when it works, but sucks when it doesnt.  BEST action cam hands down but very buggy (google gopros freezing etc)  Again, BEST camera when it wants to work.    I use it when swimming, hiking, surfing, jumping waimea etc. 

owner of a gp3+ checking in.

i'd say the gopro in a way forced me to be more active. I usually take it to go hiking and snowboarding but recently i've taken out to some softball games along with other random events.
If you're planning to get the gopro, you're going to want to invest in some mounts.

GoPro products are pretty pricey, but you can get a lot of the same products for a lot cheaper (look into Smatree products on amazon) or even DIY kind of stuff.

mounts i currently have are:
- pole stick mount (used an old ski stick)
- chest hardness (smatree)
- head strap (smatree)

looking into getting a suction cup mount next.

i'd say a big con for the gopro is the battery life... i usually have like 3 spare batteries on me just in case, since recording will probably go for ~1:15.

owner of a gp3+ checking in.

i'd say the gopro in a way forced me to be more active. I usually take it to go hiking and snowboarding but recently i've taken out to some softball games along with other random events.
If you're planning to get the gopro, you're going to want to invest in some mounts.

GoPro products are pretty pricey, but you can get a lot of the same products for a lot cheaper (look into Smatree products on amazon) or even DIY kind of stuff.

mounts i currently have are:
- pole stick mount (used an old ski stick)
- chest hardness (smatree)
- head strap (smatree)

looking into getting a suction cup mount next.

i'd say a big con for the gopro is the battery life... i usually have like 3 spare batteries on me just in case, since recording will probably go for ~1:15.
you bring up a good point, people with gopros spend a GRIP on accesories lol.   My gopro was a gift to me, but Ive easily spent almost the cost of it in accessories alone.

Off the top of my head:

Gopole (that floats)

Jaws clamp

surf board mount

random mount grab bag

floaty back door

Some other random monopod

etc

Like almost everything, gotta get them on amazon for the best deals.

:stoneface: :stoneface: if you think that's a legit article.  shame on you.  :lol:

Anyways I gotta goPROhero3 Silver.  It's great when it works, but sucks when it doesnt.  BEST action cam hands down but very buggy (google gopros freezing etc)  Again, BEST camera when it wants to work.    I use it when swimming, hiking, surfing, jumping waimea etc. 
it looked legit...kinda :wow:

flaminhotcheeto flaminhotcheeto yeah bro, the accessories WILL add up :lol:

a mount that i feel is a MUST to have is GoPro's handlebar mount. super useful. A good way to get this on the low is to go to target since they carry couple accessories for GP and get it price matched with walmart.com that has the same mount for $12 instead of retail for $20. OR you can always buy it online as well. I got it instores instead because it was most convenient for me.

Need to get the
- GoPole Reach
- chest mount
- blackout housing
- Wifi remote

Debating if I should LCD bacpac too.

Need to get the
- GoPole Reach
- chest mount
- blackout housing
- Wifi remote

Debating if I should LCD bacpac too.

if you have the money for it, sure. Otherwise, you don't really need the wifi remote or the lcd pac. You can use your phone as a wifi remote through the gopro app.
The black housing is dope, but its also just for aesthetics

Last edited:
For sure you'll need extra batteries. Third party mounts are okay. But if you want the suction cup. Get the actual one from gopro. I got my suction cup from target for $25. When the original price is $40. Just check local electronics stores online. I got target to price match a lot of my gopro accesories.

I've probably bought over a grand of accesories. But could've been less if I didn't spend money on cheap parts off of eBay.

I also made a lot of my mounts. Search the web for DIY gopro accessories.

Last edited:
Check to see if you have any friends or relatives that work there was able to get one for 50% off and I have a GP3+ will be using it extensively over the next few weeks

I really need to get another battery but other than that really juiced to use this and am wondering what is the best video edit software to try it

Battery life is definitely an issue for me. I have the GP3+ black. I need to buy like 3 extra batteries and just keep them on deck. Other than that I love this thing. Take it with me on trips everywhere.

if you have the money for it, sure. Otherwise, you don't really need the wifi remote or the lcd pac. You can use your phone as a wifi remote through the gopro app.
The black housing is dope, but its also just for aesthetics

Yeah the black housing and wifi remote and lcd pac I'll deal with later. I just hate it when there's like a half second lag when checking through the gopro app. Maybe it's because I have a 4S?

I got my GoPro 3+ Silver at Target a few months ago when they accidentally priced it at $199.99 when it was actually meant for the white edition.

I've used mine when I play flag football and when I travel. I just haven't been able to edit because I'm not sure what program to use for it and I don't think my 08 black macbook can handle the editing process.

Heading to Cancun at the end of the month. Really want to get a waterproof camera. I'm not really into action sports or anything like that, is getting a gopro worth it for me? Or would I be better off getting a regular old waterproof camera?

Heading to Cancun at the end of the month. Really want to get a waterproof camera. I'm not really into action sports or anything like that, is getting a gopro worth it for me? Or would I be better off getting a regular old waterproof camera?

Go with the Nikon aw110. I also have a gopro. If you don't want to fumble around with bs. Go with the Nikon.

Lol I bought a Hero 3 Black right before I went to Cancun with my girl last year. Used the hell out of it in MX, but I've only used it probably twice since then.

Go with the Nikon aw110. I also have a gopro. If you don't want to fumble around with bs. Go with the Nikon.

Thanks for the advice. Since you have experience with both, why do you prefer one over the other? What is all the other bs? Apologies for the noob questions, just wanted to see what you thought based on the simple fact that you've messed with both.

Back
Top Bottom