Gotham Knight video game (new trailer) 8/22/20 p.66

Apparently the batmobile is a dud...seems to be the one glaring negative part that I see in all the reviews

C1YMSqY.jpg

How about having a job that allows me to buy all the games I want but not truly enjoy any of them to the degree that I would like to?

In the 3 weeks of me having a PS4, I've purchased:

Infamous Second Son: A MASSIVE step down from the masterpiece that was Infamous 2. A briefly entertaining game with a few interesting characters and flashy newfangled graphics burdened by a ridiculously short and non-compelling story, "side missions" that are all the EXACT SAME thing and ridiculously repetitive, and very little variation within the actual powers. The "expansion", First Light, is much more polished and entertaining to me.

The Witcher 3: A fantastic game, no doubt, but paralyzingly open-ended, a little too heavy-handed on customization, crafting, and alchemy requirements, and no real sense of progression (the same exact "do this to do this to do this to do this" quests that I didn't like in Skyrim). It's a stretch to say I don't like this game because I actually do, but I'm starting to realize games like this aren't exactly my cup of tea. I ended up switching to easy mode because I seriously didn't care about figuring out the right oil to wipe on my sword to kill certain monsters or mixing the right potions.

Assasin's Creed Unity: A glitchy, uninspiring, unresponsive, horrendously unpolished, turd of a game. Nothing more needs to be said. It sucks.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor: I literally only bought it because people in this thread were praising it (comparing it to Arkham with the combat and I needed something to hold me over until the 23rd) and it's like 30 bucks on PSN. So I downloaded it. So far, so decent. I see where the Arkham comparisons come in (and some elements of combat are literally copy/pasted), but if you really think that this game compares to Arkham at all in the quality department, you're Joker crazy. It's pretty fun, though. I got what I paid for. It just doesn't fill the void in my soul that Arkham Knight can, and I expect come midnight Monday this game will be ignored for quite a while.

Everything else I'm seeing out for PS4 is either ports of previous generation games, which I refuse to buy, indie games, which are cool for a little bit until they get tiring, and Bloodborne, which thanks to Youtube is completely and unequivocally spoiled for me.

I just want Arkham Knight.
laugh.gif
It's the only thing I'm seeing in this industry right now that still makes me feel how I did about video games 10-15 years ago. And maybe MGS5.

Last edited:
I've never played the other Batman games, and this looks awesome. Is this a continuation of the other joints, should i play those before i attempt to play this?

It's a direct sequel to the first two games and it makes references to the prequel that was made by another studio (which can be ignored).

I would say read up on the story of the first two games. The opening cutscene of this game is a direct result of the ending of the last one.

How about having a job that allows me to buy all the games I want but not truly enjoy any of them to the degree that I would like to?

In the 3 weeks of me having a PS4, I've purchased:

Infamous Second Son: A MASSIVE step down from the masterpiece that was Infamous 2. A briefly entertaining game with a few interesting characters and flashy newfangled graphics burdened by a ridiculously short and non-compelling story, "side missions" that are all the EXACT SAME thing and ridiculously repetitive, and very little variation within the actual powers. The "expansion", First Light, is much more polished and entertaining to me.

The Witcher 3: A fantastic game, no doubt, but paralyzingly open-ended, a little too heavy-handed on customization, crafting, and alchemy requirements, and no real sense of progression (the same exact "do this to do this to do this to do this" quests that I didn't like in Skyrim). It's a stretch to say I don't like this game because I actually do, but I'm starting to realize games like this aren't exactly my cup of tea. I ended up switching to easy mode because I seriously didn't care about figuring out the right oil to wipe on my sword to kill certain monsters or mixing the right potions.

Assasin's Creed Unity: A glitchy, uninspiring, unresponsive, horrendously unpolished, turd of a game. Nothing more needs to be said. It sucks.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor: I literally only bought it because people in this thread were praising it (comparing it to Arkham with the combat and I needed something to hold me over until the 23rd) and it's like 30 bucks on PSN. So I downloaded it. So far, so decent. I see where the Arkham comparisons come in (and some elements of combat are literally copy/pasted), but if you really think that this game compares to Arkham at all in the quality department, you're Joker crazy. It's pretty fun, though. I got what I paid for. It just doesn't fill the void in my soul that Arkham Knight can, and I expect come midnight Monday this game will be ignored for quite a while.

Everything else I'm seeing out for PS4 is either ports of previous generation games, which I refuse to buy, indie games, which are cool for a little bit until they get tiring, and Bloodborne, which thanks to Youtube is completely and unequivocally spoiled for me.

I just want Arkham Knight. :lol: It's the only thing I'm seeing in this industry right now that still makes me feel how I did about video games 10-15 years ago. And maybe MGS5.

Dying light is pretty darn good...

@KingdomFlatbush  Overall I'm an Xbox guy but I would still recommend Bloodborne, great experience IMO. I am working on the last ending now for that game.

Just got asked to do 4 hours OT I was planning on napping after work so I can start Batman at midnight, might have to hold off until the weekend to really get into the game. Can't enjoy Bruce Wayne without money
laugh.gif

That Red Hood is only on GS pre orders? I need to cop and return for the code but didn't feel like stopping there today to pre order. If I can buy it later this week I'll do that if possible then return this weekend.

Beat asylum and city over the past month to prepare for this. Looking back those games were flawless in their own right. Have never played origins but I don't really want to.

I'm ready...... To play over the weekend because I'm way too busy this week :x :frown:

Going straight to GS after work tomorrow. I can't do midnight releases, I'll be up until 3am playing it,and then end up waking up late for work smh.

Back
Top Bottom