Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinstor:
if you not place the big order to us in the future
i will kill you

Me: Why kill me?

Kinstor:
make me so busy
ask so big discount
so, you shall make a big order

nerd.gif
Watching my back...
Can you PM me the prices he gave you if it's okay?

WESTERN UNION WARNING

FYI to anyone who pays western union with a credit card, they usually treat it like a cash advance, with a $10 fee and high interest that starts from the date sent. Interest accrues daily on cash advances, unlike purchases.

I got my credit card to waive the $10 fee this time, will not make that mistake again...

Last edited:
A lot of ppl are passionate about sneakers for themselves, especially most of the older heads who knew what they were getting. It wasn't just about "oh they look/feel the same, or its close to identical" and I'm just going to wear them. It was about what we knew about them, not what others couldn't tell about them. That's where my stance is, if I knew a shoe I was gonna keep isn't 100% authentic (authorized), it would bother me. I'm not about stunting, wearing them and posting on instagram, it was the personal aspect of how I got it and what I know about them. I know most of ya'll are saying I'm just gonna wear them and beat them up but to me that wasn't the only point of having shoes

Social media has clouded many peoples judgements imo where we just NEED shoes no matter the cost or means of getting it, even if GM or whatever is available. Again, this isn't pinpointing anyone, just a general perspective of how the shoe game is in it's present state. I like how the recent convos on this topic have been going though, no point in attacking a member, focus on the topic itself and not on the person who is saying it
I can completely understand where you're coming from and a while ago I'd be right there with you. And I'm sure that the people in the game for genuine reasons hate the direction the whole sneaker culture is heading. But for me it's not about showing off for social media and its not about not being able to afford it because I've got a great job that can support it with resell prices included. And it's def not about resell. Not everyone here is a hypebeast that needs to have the latest or most popular shoe. I bought my space jams at footaction on release day. Ive worn them and as you can see from the pics i posted the clearly worn. The only reason ive even been looking into GM shoes is to replace shoes i already have that I wear. I wear my space jams, I wear my cool greys, I wear my cement 3s and 4s. They get heavy play for me because i love the way the look/feel. For me It's about paying 3-4 x the price for a shoe that was crap quality when I bought for retail years ago. Shoes aren't like wine quality doesn't magically get better by sitting there. I maybe comfortable financially but it just doesn't make sense to pay 500+ for a shoe I can get for significantly less. Ive got 70+ jordans from the late 90s to as soon as this month. And I have worn/will wear all of them because I dont buy shoes to look at. I just can't see my self paying the going rate for a pair of white cement 3s or 4s that i paid 160 a piece for.
I mean even if you get a bad pair from taobao you can return it more than once and it still wouldn't be that much even when you factor in shipping and customs.

But thats just me. I havent bought any yet because I don't need too at the moment but its nice to have an option. I would be more to pay more for older shoes (late 90s to mid 2000's) because atleast with those you can argue quality is superior. But paying 500-600 for 2009 space jams? Not a chance.

Last edited:
Requesting pics and discounted prices to beat Rstor prices...

He said since he took so much time, he will kill me if I don't place a large order soon.
I doubt he literally meant "kill you".

Sounds like you were being one of those people who asks for a million pics, asks a million questions, lowballs, then only buys one thing. Or worse, doesn't buy anything.

Please don't mess it up for the rest of us...

Sounds like you were being one of those people who asks for a million pics, asks a million questions, lowballs, then only buys one thing. Or worse, doesn't buy anything.

Hahaha sounds the old scam where u set up fake business accounts and start emailing around trying to make false deals only to request samples of product.

Kickstarter idea:

Fund my trip to China to try and uncover the GM factories and parties involved. Make a documentary.

A lot of ppl are passionate about sneakers for themselves, especially most of the older heads who knew what they were getting. It wasn't just about "oh they look/feel the same, or its close to identical" and I'm just going to wear them. It was about what we knew about them, not what others couldn't tell about them. That's where my stance is, if I knew a shoe I was gonna keep isn't 100% authentic (authorized), it would bother me. I'm not about stunting, wearing them and posting on instagram, it was the personal aspect of how I got it and what I know about them. I know most of ya'll are saying I'm just gonna wear them and beat them up but to me that wasn't the only point of having shoes

Social media has clouded many peoples judgements imo where we just NEED shoes no matter the cost or means of getting it, even if GM or whatever is available. Again, this isn't pinpointing anyone, just a general perspective of how the shoe game is in it's present state. I like how the recent convos on this topic have been going though, no point in attacking a member, focus on the topic itself and not on the person who is saying it
I had the same opinion as you before, but it has changed.  I get what you're saying, but things were different than they are now.  You didn't need to jump through hoops to get new shoes like you do now.  Back when I was getting started up, I would never buy anything at retail.  I always waited for stuff to go on sale before copping.  I didn't have much money as a kid and had to save up every penny to get the kicks I wanted.  This made them mean a lot more to me.  Nowadays, it's mostly about hunting down the pairs I missed out on when I was younger that I couldn't afford.  I can't really say that the hype has affected me much aside from inflated resell prices.  The only pair of recent Jays I have are Bred 11's, so missing out on these releases typically doesn't bother me much.   

I haven't personally bought a pair of GM kicks and not sure I will, but I see them as being ok for the game given what it has become.  Unauthorized pairs made by the same same workers and the same materials are identical to the authorized pairs minus the Quality Control and Nike's approval to be sold.  Nike does not personally care to stop this, so why should we?  It helps them more than anything else when pics get posted up months in advance and builds up more hype for their shoes.  To the quality control part, I would say look at what passes through to authorized retailers.  Glue stains everywhere, bad stitching, creasing and other flaws are pretty common.  It's not like you get to pick out a good pair at an authorized retailer either, because of how limited everything is.  You get a bad pair and the choice is either to buy it anyways and live with it or return it and have wasted all your time.  Most people are going to keep them anyways.  I just see it as Nike creating this demand and purposely not meeting the supply.  The GM helps fill that supply for those people who miss out and don't want to pay resell prices.  I like that there is another option out there.  It is buyer beware though and proper research needs to be done if you are taking the plunge.  

You joined NT today and are telling me don't mess it up for the rest of you? **** here with that. :smh:

When I buy direct, not thru an agent, I want to see pics of what I am getting.

^^ Join date don't mean ****.

doesn't apply for this situation.

having someone come out of the blue for a thread that's been running for months saying "don't ruin it for the rest of us?" :stoneface:

rest of us lurkers? :smh:

ruin what? these great prices for black market shoes? they gonna raise the prices to what? what are they gonna do?

We no want your money since you ask many questions?

Its like having a convo with some people that's been going on for a while and some random dude steps in and says, don't ruin it for the rest of us because you are one of those dudes.... who are you again?

Last edited:
doesn't apply for this situation.

having someone come out of the blue for a thread that's been running for months saying "don't ruin it for the rest of us?" :stoneface:

rest of us lurkers? :smh:

ruin what? these great prices for black market shoes? they gonna raise the prices to what? what are they gonna do?

We no want your money since you ask many questions?

Its like having a convo with some people that's been going on for a while and some random dude steps in and says, don't ruin it for the rest of us because you are one of those dudes.... who are you again?

BINGO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom