Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem with it, is people selling them as authentic and ripping people off, that's the real problem with it.
But you're not really ripping anyone off because if you're selling an unauthorized pair, technically they're getting what they pay for. The only issue being it's origin is cloudy.

Basically... Doubt anyone is shedding a tear on whats going on besides resellers...

Hahaha so they gonna jack up the price on yeezy and cork fakes just because the reseller prices!?!?!?

Thats hilarious. They can go to hell with all their FAKE counterfeit shoes

so you telling me you throwing away a solid gold watch regardless if it was a replica rolex? doubt it.
laugh.gif

those dont exist anymore though cuz gold prices skyrocketed.
Who said anything bout throwing away. Try to get da money back some how, or give it away. Throwing something good is not an option.
camron.gif

***** you aint giving away a solid gold watch, FOH
laugh.gif

Hahaha so they gonna jack up the price on yeezy and cork fakes just because the reseller prices!?!?!?

Thats hilarious. They can go to hell with all their FAKE counterfeit shoes
its not like you can tell what they are, frankly they're illegally made authentic kicks, and with them being made this close to da original release

one can argue its basically a re-stock ..what are you gonna do..try to go by age again?
laugh.gif

Last edited:
500x1000px-LL-b5373b59_359laup.jpeg

like i said, they're coming....its gonna get to da point where if you dont have a receipt you'll never know for sure when you purchase

sneakers online.

welcome to da new normal.
The new normal is already here... and its scary.  Before the grape V released this group here in houston got them from overseas early.  They took them to footaction, the bar code scanned and shoes pulled up in the system, they even posted picks of this in their ad.  They were selling them at the time for 320.00.  This same group has had the space jams, cool greys, cement 88's concords, and even breds.  Without throwing away money for experiments these shoes are soooo close u can't tell without aving an authentic pair next to them.  When I had my hand on a pair of the concords without my authentic pair dude would have got me for the 270 i paid him.  

One thing I can say is this though: nike has a alpha-numeric stamp inside every box if nike's and jordans I have and you have too.  This stamp can be anywhere from 6-12 characters long.

I notice this stamp is not the same inside any of the multiples I have even though they are the same size but there is some consistancy in the numbers, and I would assume this is a QC stamp that is placed inside the boxes once they reach the US but I am not sure.  Im pretty sure it goes deeper than this maybe someone can shed some light in this... and No its not a date stamp.

The stamp has been black, blue, red or light grey. This is almost like a serial number for shoes or shoe boxes!!!! It is not in always the same place nor is it ever the the same number twice.  Not sure if the added when shoes reach the US, it is impossible to guess if the boxes are pre-stamped.  Note this number is not the same as the number stamped under the insole of the shoe.  Being a sz 14 I know there are a few fakes out there but I rarely have come across them as size 14 is not a profitable size to mass produce since many times they require a different mold than sz 13 and smaller and come in larger size boxes, etc.

I have come across a couple of these grey market pairs and NONE of them have had this stamp inside the box, not one...not the cool greys, concords space jams or grapes.  I know this is small, and a guy with an authentic pair can just switch shoes in boxes but none of the early release and grey market pairs I have come across have this stamp.

I have attached a pic from inside the Box of my doubles Authentics of the jordan db4's sz 14 which are being highly duplicated and distributed.  Notice the same exact location and the chronologic sequence of the numbers one ends in 020 the other 029 even though it may just be the stamping of the boxes, it is some method of tracking the boxes and shoes likely done after the shoes reach the US and before distribution to retail chains.  If some one can shed some light on this code this may become a temporary check on all these guys selling these pairs.

Also when doing a legit check it is very helpful someone with the same pair and og box does it.  Again this is no guaruntee because of how easy it is to switch boxes and someone can buy an authentic pair switch the box and then return the shoes, but now retail chains are requiring u to send shoes back to them or marking all sales final.  Also this is harder to do on older releases unless u have the original box which most people do not so this should be your first question especially for someone with multiple pairs, don't know can someone crack this box code though...

i didnt read your post but seen the picture of the box with the stamp

LOL that means nothing, i got grape V's from DSG and no stamp in my box

OMG i got grey market shoes from DSG :rolleyes

OMG i got grey market shoes from DSG
eyes.gif
I got 5 pair of grapes on release day 1 from NDC, 2 from champs, 1 from footlocker and even 1 from finishline.  EVERY pair has a stamp in blue inside the box.

Of course someone at work could have been lazy and just didn't want to do their job that day..... I'm not saying that no stamp automatically means grey market, But the stamp does have a meaning.....

Last edited:
^^Yeah, over the years I've copped multiple shoes from NDC, Footlocker, etc., and not all of them have that serial number inside.

its not like you can tell what they are, frankly they're illegally made authentic kicks, and with them being made this close to da original release

one can argue its basically a re-stock ..what are you gonna do..try to go by age again? :lol:

Ahhhh you mean the time u had to eat crow and admit we COULD tell the difference?

Well i dont buy from FAKE COUNTERFEIT websites, so i dont have to go by age or anything.

Haha a restock with a jacked up price and counterfeit kicks.

And im sure someone will get these and be able to point out a difference or two with the real ones.

OMG i got grey market shoes from DSG :rolleyes
I got 5 pair of grapes on release day 1 from NDC, 2 from champs, 1 from footlocker and even 1 from finishline.  EVERY pair has a stamp in blue inside the box.
Of course someone at work could have been lazy and just didn't want to do their job that day..... But the stamp does have a meaning.....

no it doesnt :lol:

you know how many boxes are out there? you think they all have stamps? LULZ

you guys try to find something new everyday

first patent cut when you guys know damn well JB is terrible and the cut is different on every damn pair.

you guys need to stop, if you want authentic shoes... buy from an authorized retailer but lets stop with the stupid assumptions. Your gonna have novices read this thread thinking they have fakes even though they get the shoes from FNL, FTL, NDC, etc, etc

just stop already SMH

Last edited:

one can argue its basically a re-stock ..what are you gonna do..try to go by age again?
laugh.gif
Only YOU could argue that this would be a re-stock! LOL

first patent cut when you guys know damn well JB is terrible and the cut is different on every damn pair.

you guys need to stop, if you want authentic shoes... buy from an authorized retailer but lets stop with the stupid assumptions. Your gonna have novices read this thread thinking they have fakes even though they get the shoes from FNL, FTL, NDC, etc, etc

just stop already SMH

So besides patent cut, u mean
the blue colored soles,
The smushed up 23
And the small cotton tab its placed on?

no it doesnt
laugh.gif

just stop already SMH
Your reading too much into this.  I was only making a point that the box stamp has some meaning, If it didnt it wouldnt be there. I bet 95% of the Nike's in your closet have this stamp somewhere in the box, and its been there dating back decades. Its obvious not all boxes will have stamps because if there are human beings doing the stamping some boxes will be missed overlooked etc.  How is this a stupid assumption.... no grey market pair will ever have this stamp regardless if some real pairs do or not, especially if it is a QC stamp. So going with your thinking I guess serial numbers on watches and VIN numbers on cars have no meaning either there just there.  Please.  Everything has meaning nothing is done without thought or purpose. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I wasnt talking to him, and i said nothing attacking anyone.

Soooo why do i need to grow a brain?

Cuz my opinion is different for yours? And ninjahood and i did have that conversation so i replied to him.

Last edited:

just stop already SMH

So besides patent cut, u mean
the blue colored soles,
The smushed up 23
And the small cotton tab its placed on?

im not talking just about the XI

but there are early version that are perfect without the blue sole. the blue sole is obvious to knowledgable sneakerheads but im talking everything else. dudes saying, oh the patent is too high on the back,,, :rolleyes

alright pal, place 100 space jams, concords, cool greys, or breds next to each other you think all 100 pairs of each are gonna be the exact same height on the back or sides? i can bet my entire collection that no, you are gonna get a bunch of different heights..

the blue sole is obvious but im going into other details that some of you are trying to pick at which is incorrect just like the stamping in the box. I cant wait for the next excuse.

just stop already SMH

Your reading too much into this.  I was only making a point that the box stamp has some meaning, If it didnt it wouldnt be there. I bet 95% of the Nike's in your closet have this stamp somewhere in the box, and its been there dating back decades. Its obvious not all boxes will have stamps because if there are human beings doing the stamping some boxes will be missed overlooked etc.  How is this a stupid assumption.... no grey market pair will ever have this stamp regardless if some real pairs do or not, especially if it is a QC stamp. So going with your thinking I guess serial numbers on watches and VIN numbers on cars have no meaning either there just there.  Please.  Everything has meaning nothing is done without thought or purpose. 
mean.gif

you think early release shoes dont have stamp in the box? LOL

just like they dont have the stamp under the insole right? just because some pairs we saw a year or two ago didnt have a stamp just like real nikes. Ive gotten shoes from NDC like Kobes, and other basketball shoes and guess what. NO STAMP inside the shoe... i guess i got fakes too?

yes they do, not all just like retail boxes but some do.

The mushed up 23?
The smaller cotton tab its placed on?

The next "excuse" i guess

what mushed up 23? i dont pay attention to the blue soled space jams, every in here has been saying they are good minus the blue sole but once again they have had them with the clear sole as well.

but AGAIN im not even talking about the XI, im talking about these shoes in general. Nothing is ever the same on every pair. So someone can post some red suede IV's and the next pair will be different

Also, wish I could find the one discussion thread I read in here from a while back where rock deep pretty much confirms a lot of what ninja says (FYI to all u skeptics bc rock deep was like a god to most around here)
definitely someone post a link to what this guy references.  rock deep = NikeDealer.  I bet it's really good insight as he was an insider in the shoe industry.  Would be interesting to see how it is similar to ninja and how it is different from what ninja is saying.

so far this is what i've been getting from this thread...

- a lot of semantics

- shoe pic comparisons

- this is a tough one because of the first point. i think ppl are mixing up the fake-of-the-fakes vs. this idea of "unauthorized grey mkt product"    

which from a semantic standpoint could be considered "fake" b/c they were not blessed by Nike/JB even though they supposedly are

made from the same factory with the same materials and same specs

- morality play

- i agree with the guidelines of NT by not supporting this b/c i don't buy off of these questionable online sites.  However, i am not one to judge

anyone who buys/wears fakes, replicas, grey market, etc

- the economics of the products causes this to happen, so it makes sense that nike doesn't care: whether it be the limited qty, or the

ever-increasing prices. 

Last edited:
So I have a question if these early realese sites start making there own color ways with real materials do you have a problem with it and would it be considered authentic ??

So I have a question if these early realese sites start making there own color ways with real materials do you have a problem with it and would it be considered authentic ??

they wont do that because its straight up fake

they are getting shoes made in the factories the way they are being released in stores and ordered to be made in the factory

I don't think "authentic" is the right term here.  Under the assumption that authentic = real = authorized.  If a brand new colorway came out that Nike has not blessed as such, then of course it's not authentic.

However, if by going off of what ninja and some others are saying... if the shoe from- a material and blueprint standpoint is the same as a legitimate pair and has the same factory origin - then, yes those would be "authentic, unauthorized, illegal" shoes.  Personally, I have a problem with this, but to each his/her own.

Basically... Doubt anyone is shedding a tear on whats going on besides resellers...
im not a reseller and im worrying about this crap. I dont want to have the market get infected with all this crap. If i miss out on a pair of kicks, which i have before and will, i dont want to have to worry about this crap.

im not a reseller and im worrying about this crap. I dont want to have the market get infected with all this crap. If i miss out on a pair of kicks, which i have before and will, i dont want to have to worry about this crap.
You'd never be able to tell the difference so you're worrying about nothing. And you're still getting an authentic shoe. Just one that Nike hasn't accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom