Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't talking about Spongebob or clear Jordans here, son. We are talking about kicks that are identical to the official release. The only difference is that they didn't hit the middleman and accrue that extra cost.

You're still talking about fakes. So as long as it's a good fake, it's acceptable?

What if you could get a high quality fake for $75? Is that justifiable? A lot of fakes look real from a distance to someone not really in to sneakers.

And a lot of high quality fakes aren't identical. Just like the XI on most of them the sole doesn't yellow, zoom air is lacking or the carbon fiber plate is cheap.

Last edited:
We aren't talking about Spongebob or clear Jordans here, son. We are talking about kicks that are identical to the official release. The only difference is that they didn't hit the middleman and accrue that extra cost.

You're still talking about fakes. So as long as it's a good fake, it's acceptable?

What if you could get a high quality fake for $75? Is that justifiable? A lot of fakes look real from a distance to someone not really in to sneakers.

And a lot of high quality fakes aren't identical. Just like the XI on most of them the sole doesn't yellow, zoom air is lacking or carbon fiber plate is cheap.

If I could get a high quality fake of a shoe that I can't even find in my size anywhere for $75,would I cop it. Hell yes. So the sole doesn't yellow? That makes the fakes better than the authentics to me. Who the hell wants a dingy yellow sole? I haven't seen any grey market kicks yet, so I can't comment. But if they started making fakes that were identical to the official release, all I can say is that Nike never paid my bills and I don't owe them ****.

BenTrill I find it funny that you pm me trying to buy these when I say not for sale then trash talk them :rofl:

I was trying top cop to check out the differe ces with my real authentic pair from ftl. But after you post those pics i woudnt even let my uncle touch dem.

Then why get Jordans at all?

Get some Kobes or Lebrons.

I don't even understand why people pay $50 for fakes. Get you some shell toes, chucks or vans.

It's like people still want the illusion of wearing a Jordan, meanwhile they diss what Jordan and Jordan Brand represent. IMO you can't have it both ways, because you're still an advertisement for Jordan no matter how you got it. Give your money to another company if you think they're poor quality or they don't care about the consumer. I don't have brand loyalty, because in the 80's that didn't exist, you wore what was hot or what you liked. That could have been British Knights, Diadora's or Spot Bilt's.

I don't even understand why people pay $50 for fakes. Get you some shell toes, chucks or vans.

It's like people still want the illusion of wearing a Jordan, meanwhile they diss what Jordan and Jordan Brand represent. IMO you can't have it both ways, because you're still an advertisement for Jordan no matter how you got it. Give your money to another company if you think they're poor quality or they don't care about the consumer. I don't have brand loyalty, because in the 80's that didn't exist, you wore what was hot or what you liked. That could have been British Knights, Diadora's or Spot Bilt's.

This dude knows what he's talking bout. I would rather get some nikes that arent dat hype den get some overhyped fake pairs. For example for some kicks dat are coming out i would rather cop da gloves den some fake yeezy or corks or whaterfer fakes are out der.

I have plenty shell toes and chucks. Plenty Gucci and Prada shoes direct from Bergdorf and Nordstrom and Bal Harbour. No vans. :x I don't like what Jordan represents or how they do business, but if I tried to be ethical with clothing, I wouldn't have anything to wear. It's the way of the world. Everything is made in sweat shops and people suffer for everything that we have. "The illusion of wearing a Jordan", the hell does that mean? I like the way certain Jordans look and I buy 'em to rock. I don't cop shoes so some sneaker nerds can sweat me. I can pull out the Day Date 2, Audemars, or Hublot and stunt over any pair of kicks ever posted on here. I like the look of Jordan XIs and I can't even find a pair of Space Jams, Concords or Breds in my size for any price. If I can cop a pair that is nice quality and identical to the official release for less than $300, I'm all for it.

I am seeing now that some of you just cop the kicks because you like to feel "exclusive" and not because you actually like the style of the shoes.

Last edited:
i will admit it i was just trying to get jumpmankb to see what he was going to sell dem for. Why? if he sells them its more likly den not he was going to pass dem as authentics and try to make a come up. and dats got me SMH. I dont know if their his or not or if he plans on selling dem. So to dem basically f****** up da market is a disgrace.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at jumpmankb reaveing da private message. femaine quality. SMH 

Never thought he would put u on blast?
U know him personally?

And he said, dont pm him, not for sale.

And they are grey market, and u offered REAL authentic prices

since he (or whoever the kicks are) are trying to troll people into buying dem. ( againg dont know his situaition about da shoes) but im assuming hes going to try and make a quick buck  fliping fakes.

He said not for sale. Aaid dont pm him

And took pics to help show THEY ARE NOT IDENTICAL

I dont think anyone thought, "oh he tryna make money here"

Unlike the dude in the black grape thread selling grey markets and pushing them hard, saying hes being nice by selling em cheaper haha

since he (or whoever the kicks are) are trying to troll people into buying dem. ( againg dont know his situaition about da shoes) but im assuming hes going to try and make a quick buck  fliping fakes.

Jumpmankb ain't sellin' those here. He knows better than that. He is just posting pics to educate us on how they compare to the official releases. Meth and them already said no source reveals, so cats shouldn't even be PMin' on here askin'. If you wanna' know what's up with 'em, then Google it.

dont know if you guys can read, but i stated and i quote myself [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"[/font]dont know his situaition about da shoes"

" Why? if he sells them its more likly den not he was going to pass dem as authentics and try to make a come up. and dats got me SMH. I dont know if their his or not or if he plans on selling dem. So to dem basically f****** up da market is a disgrace."

dont know if your guys are his security or something but you guys are trying to get at me like i dont know what im doing. 

Last edited:
dont know if you guys can read, but i stated and i quote myself "
dont know his situaition about da shoes"

" Why? if he sells them its more likly den not he was going to pass dem as authentics and try to make a come up. and dats got me SMH. I dont know if their his or not or if he plans on selling dem. So to dem basically f****** up da market is a disgrace."

dont know if your guys are his security or something but you guys are trying to get at me like i dont know what im doing. 

He said that they are "grey market" and not authentic, so he obviously wasn't trying to pull a fast one on anybody.No one is getting at you. Quit being so sensitive and keep it moving.

Last edited:
you guys dont get me. i stated "i dont know his situation with da shoes" and "dont know if their his or not or if he is trying to sell dem."

this means i dont know if they are your or not or if your are planing to sell them or whaterver your going to do with them. i dont know. also i was "assuming" you were going to sell them. also yes you list dem here as authentics but how do i know you wont but dem on graigslist or any other selling outlet and try and make a come up. again im refering to da owners of da shoes. 

you guys dont get me. i stated "i dont know his situation with da shoes" and "dont know if their his or not or if he is trying to sell dem."

this means i dont know if they are your or not or if your are planing to sell them or whaterver your going to do with them. i dont know. also i was "assuming" you were going to sell them. also yes you list dem here as authentics but how do i know you wont but dem on graigslist or any other selling outlet and try and make a come up. again im refering to da owners of da shoes. 

Why in the hell would you care if he sells them on Craigslist? :lol:

He didn't list them as "authentic", he clearly stated that they were grey.You wanna' avoid fakes and grey markets? Cop from a major retailer with an official Nike account. Nike will get richer and you can be sure that your kicks were officially approved by Nike and that Nike and the retailer were the sole profit makers. If cats stopped copping these shoes on the second hand market for exorbitant prices, this BS hype that we are dealing with would die out. I hope that these fakes become so rampant and exact in quality, that the second hand market falls apart completely and cats won't be able to sell any Js for more than $50 over retail. If I was a reseller, I wouldn't feel that way, but as a consumer, it is the best thing that can happen. I would love to cop every pair of Js that drops at retail from an official seller, but I dont' have time to wait in line and the major websites usually crash and sell out within minutes. Resellers and hypebeasts and Nike's BS limited quantities have made it a PITA to get official kicks at retail or even close to retail these days.

Last edited:
like i stated before. i dont care if he sells dem or not, or if dere his. i dont care bout da kicks. what got me shaking my head is the people (might be him), dat are putting dese kind of kicks in websites for selling (ebay, cragslise, amazon) and listing dem as authentics. dey are messing with da sneaker commnity. might not worry me know cause i have da royals but later whos to say i try and cop some kicks from ebay etc and its infested with dese lame kicks. anything dat affect me will worry me. i know he is not da only one doing it. 

Why in the hell would you care if he sells them on Craigslist?
laugh.gif

He didn't list them as "authentic", he clearly stated that they were grey.You wanna' avoid fakes and grey markets? Cop from a major retailer with an official Nike account. Nike will get richer and you can be sure that your kicks were officially approved by Nike and that them and the retailer were the sole profit makers. If cats stopped copping these shoes on the second hand market for exorbitant prices, this BS hype that we are dealing with would die out. I hope that these fakes become so rampant and exact in quality, that the second hand market falls apart completely and cats won't be able to sell any Js for more than $50 over retail. If I was a reseller, I wouldn't feel that way, but as a consumer, it is the best thing that can happen. I would love to cop every pair of Js that drops at retail from an official seller, but I dont' have time to wait in line and the major websites usually crash and sell out within minutes. Resellers and hypebeasts and Nike's BS limited quantities have made it a PITA to get official kicks at retail or even close to retail these days.
trying to say dey grey market when you clearly stated dey are fakes

Last edited:
like i stated before. i dont care if he sells dem or not, or if dere his. i dont care bout da kicks. what got me shaking my head is the people (might be him), dat are putting dese kind of kicks in websites for selling (ebay, cragslise, amazon) and listing dem as authentics. dey are messing with da sneaker commnity. might not worry me know cause i have da royals but later whos to say i try and cop some kicks from ebay etc and its infested with dese lame kicks. anything dat affect me will worry me. i know he is not da only one doing it. 

Stop copping kicks off of Ebay then. If everyone stuck to official retailers then that whole market would drop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom