Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting thread, alot of good info in here which leads me to my Royals story.  I copped a pair on RD from eastbay, but they fit about a size too big so I've been looking around for a smaller size.  Found a seller willing to sell them for 325 shipped through invoice...200+ feedback, all of his past auctions look legit, so I figured I was good.  Then a few days later I get a email from ebay saying he re-listed shoes, so I check his profile and he now has damn near a FSR of Royals and a couple pairs of SJs with icey blue soles.  

Get the shoes today and they look identical except certain parts of the upper are clearly a different material...not sure if they are GMs or flat out fakes but they definitely aren't like the authentic ones I have.  I'll upload comparison pics later if yall want. 

And you don't know how supply and demand works. You blame Nike for the XIs being "limited" when it's absolutely not their fault. They try to satisfy the demand the best they can without losing money by producing more pairs than any other JB release. JB is a lose/lose when it comes to you. They will never be able make enough pairs to satisfy demand, and when they do, they will lose money from it.

For someone to say that XIs aren't limited is absurd. Supply definitely has not met demand on any XI release. If people have to wait in line and websites sell out and crash within seconds, then the item is limited. I can't even understand how someone would attempt to argue with any of my posts in here so far.
I agree it's not just the 11's.  Damn near every  Jordan retro with an OG colorway is hard to get.   For example.  We either have to have a bot or we have to pay for a bot service to rsvp for Niketown.  For online releases you need to have a bot  if you want to be 100% sure you are gonna get the  pairs you want.   Driving around town having to spend 20 bucks in gas that takes a few hours  to enter raffles that I'm not guaranteed I'm  even gonna win.    Having to waste a day sitting in line for 10 hours just to get a ticket to come back the next morning only to lineup again for 2 hours to buy the shoes. 
mean.gif
  It's becoming a real hassle nowadays.   I have a life I don't have time to do all this extra BS just to spend $200.00 dollars of my money.     I remember  in 2011 before the Concords released I could just show up at a Footlocker 15 minutes before they opened on release day and I wouldn't have a problem getting any pair I wanted.   Since the Concord release is seems like everything has changed.     Once I move back to West Michigan in a few months my only option is gonna be the grey market unless I want to spend $250.00 plus on Ebay to get the pairs I want and even then most of them are grey market pairs anyway. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
And you don't know how supply and demand works. You blame Nike for the XIs being "limited" when it's absolutely not their fault. They try to satisfy the demand the best they can without losing money by producing more pairs than any other JB release. JB is a lose/lose when it comes to you. They will never be able make enough pairs to satisfy demand, and when they do, they will lose money from it.

It's not their fault? Whose fault is it? Last time I checked, Nike and JB were producing, marketing and selling the kicks. I don't remember Jordan brand or Nike filing for bankruptcy back in the day when retros used to sit on the shelves.I think that it is you who doesn't understand supply and demand. Nothing that you have said so far has disputed my original post at all.

For someone to say that XIs aren't limited is absurd. Supply definitely has not met demand on any XI release. If people have to wait in line and websites sell out and crash within seconds, then the item is limited. I can't even understand how someone would attempt to argue with any of my posts in here so far.

I agree it's not just the 11's.  Damn near every  Jordan retro with an OG colorway is hard to get.   For example.  We either have to have a bot or we have to pay for a bot service to rsvp for Niketown.  For online releases you need to have a bot  if you want to be 100% sure you are gonna get the  pairs you want.   Driving around town having to spend 20 bucks in gas that takes a few hours  to enter raffles that I'm not guaranteed I'm  even gonna win.    Having to waste a day sitting in line for 10 hours just to get a ticket to come back the next morning only to lineup again for 2 hours to buy the shoes.  :smh:   It's becoming a real hassle nowadays.   I have a life I don't have time to do all this extra BS just to spend $200.00 dollars of my money.     I remember  in 2011 before the Concords released I could just show up at a Footlocker 15 minutes before they opened on release day and I wouldn't have a problem getting any pair I wanted.   Since the Concord release is seems like everything has changed.     Once I move back to West Michigan in a few months my only option is gonna be the grey market unless I want to spend $250.00 plus on Ebay to get the pairs I want and even then most of them are grey market pairs anyway.  :lol:

I remember when there were lines, but you could log onto Eastbay within an hour of 12AM and grab a pair. Those days are gone. :smh: Those 2011 Concords are when all of the madness started. I logged onto Eastbay and NDC at 12AM and they were both shut down.

It's not their fault? Whose fault is it? Last time I checked, Nike and JB were producing, marketing and selling the kicks. I don't remember Jordan brand or Nike filing for bankruptcy back in the day when retros used to sit on the shelves.I think that it is you who doesn't understand supply and demand. Nothing that you have said so far has disputed my original post at all.
Because at the end of the day, Nike is a business. The whole point of a business is to make money. Nike didn't lose money when retros sat on shelves because they'll eventually sell out. You're asking JB to produce so many XIs that they not only sit on shelves, but they lose money because the market became over-saturated.
That's how a demand curve works. The equilibrium is the maximum number where JB produces so they case still maintain a profit. In JB's case, it's 500,000. If they produce 500,001, they'll either break even or lose money.

Because at the end of the day, Nike is a business. The whole point of a business is to make money. Nike didn't lose money when retros sat on shelves because they'll eventually sell out. You're asking JB to produce so many XIs that they not only sit on shelves, but they lose money because the market became over-saturated.
That's how a demand curve works. The equilibrium is the maximum number where JB produces so they case still maintain a profit. In JB's case, it's 500,000. If they produce 500,001, they'll either break even or lose money.

That may be true, but still...

It's sad that Nike has made their most wanted kick so limited and unobtainable that residents of the greatest sneaker forum online have actually resorted to buying unofficial kicks for higher than retail. :smh:

I get it, you want Nike to lose money in order to satisfy demand. Cool.

If people were buying greys and fakes for much less than retail, I would agree, but because people are still buying these shoes at or above retail on Ebay and in grey market variants, that tells me that they are still producing under the demand. There are thousands of people who wanted to pay retail or more for these shoes, but Nike didn't produce enough to satisfy the demand.

Last edited:
There are thousands of people who wanted to pay retail or more for these shoes, but Nike didn't produce enough to satisfy the demand.
You mean the demand of resellers? Fools be buyin like 15 pairs on some releases. Thats 15 more people that could of been successful.

Last edited:
There are thousands of people who wanted to pay retail or more for these shoes, but Nike didn't produce enough to satisfy the demand.

You mean the demand of resellers? Fools be buyin like 15 pairs on some releases.

Yeah, resellers are the real problem, I won't deny that. I'm not even mad at Nike or JB about it, I still think it is sad that people who want the shoes and have the dough to cop, can't get them and have to resort to grey market fakes. Look at how many people are interested in this thread now, and we aren't talking about $50 kicks, but fakes that cost as much or more than they would from a major retailer with an official Nike account.

Last edited:
So after doing enough research , I think I have concluded my Royals are def GM. Seller got a restock of multiple sizes, and I got em LC'd and they checked out, but theres just a few details that make me think theyre for sure GM pairs. Now I've tried to find info in this thread, but it seems to just be an argument over 11s, so I'm trying to ask for clarification here: GM pair are just pairs that are still produced by Nikes Factories, and the same materials, just with slight defects/differences? As in they are not the same as normal retail pairs sold at Footlocker, Finishline and etc, but they arent made by deliberate counterfeiters either. I do feel like a sucker for paying so much for a GM pair without knowing they were from that area, but I suppose I am relieved they're not exactly blatant fakes either lol. Lesson learned I guess

So after doing enough research , I think I have concluded my Royals are def GM. Seller got a restock of multiple sizes, and I got em LC'd and they checked out, but theres just a few details that make me think theyre for sure GM pairs. Now I've tried to find info in this thread, but it seems to just be an argument over 11s, so I'm trying to ask for clarification here: GM pair are just pairs that are still produced by Nikes Factories, and the same materials, just with slight defects/differences? As in they are not the same as normal retail pairs sold at Footlocker, Finishline and etc, but they arent made by deliberate counterfeiters either. I do feel like a sucker for paying so much for a GM pair without knowing they were from that area, but I suppose I am relieved they're not exactly blatant fakes either lol. Lesson learned I guess

It has been reported here that the grey market pairs are made in the same factories as the Official Nike releases. There is no way to verify that. You are gambling when you play around with grey markets. If you want to be sure of where your kicks were made, and who made them and their authenticity, then all we can tell you is to purchase from official Nike and Jordan brand retail outlets.

Last edited:
Please stop PMing me.

I will continue to post up grey market pairs when I can and also do comparisons vs. retail pairs but I'm not selling, can't tell you where to get them, can't do legit check, etc...

I will not respond to any PMs about this thread so don't waste your time.

Sorry about that jumpmankb. I'll just watch this thread closely, but thanks for the contribution thus far. :nerd:

guys beware the newest batch are clear with zero blue tint. they even sell cilumbias with the yellow/gum bottim so they look 10 yrs old but patent leather is still white, not lemon meran g ue. reps r only getting better...

It is against the rules to ask where or how to obtain GM shoes. Anyone making these kind of posts will be banned from the thread. Whatever your personal opinion on the subject is keep it to yourself. The purpose of this thread is to educate members about what the grey market is and to help protect members from obtaining these ILLEGAL products,Not to promote them. Anyone promoting GM shoes will be banned from the thread.
If you are not sure if what you are posting is against the rules then DON'T POST IT.

now why dont you post pics? if they had a jumpman then they were 100% fakes.

you cant make thse in the factory and include stuff that the pairs releasing dont have.

awaiting proof...

they dont have Columbias, wth are you talkin about :lol:
I have no idea but it would seem to make sense that they are putting out Columbias since the XI is current as model and molds etc are in place. If they can retro fit a factory with XVII molds a material color change should be simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom