Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? I believe every year there are 500,000 pairs of XIs produced. People who struck out on release date for the Breds got them from European retailers for about $20 over retail and have been restocked at least 3 times. You can even get any XI for about even below retail off of Taobao.

How does what you posted conflict with what I stated? Not everyone who wanted 'em got a pair of Concords or Breds, if they did they wouldn't be going for $300-700 on Ebay. :smh: People have to turn to European retailers and pay over retail to cop some kicks? What European retailers? A lot of those are grey market too and everything on taobao is grey market.

How does what you posted conflict with what I stated? Not everyone who wanted 'em got a pair of Concords or Breds, if they did they wouldn't be going for $300-700 on Ebay. :smh: People have to turn to European retailers and pay over retail to cop some kicks? What European retailers? A lot of those are grey market too and everything on taobao is grey market.
Because no XI is ever limited besides the DMPs. Every other XI that has ever released has been a GR. 500,000 is A LOT and more than normal. They go for $300-$700 on eBay because most of the people buying/selling there are idiots. I see XIs for $400 and under in the B/S forums all day. European retailers? Size?, SoleHaven, Kickz, just to name a few. $20 over retail is not bad at all. And no, they are not grey market. Size? is definitely not a grey market store as they do collaborations and even have exclusive Air Maxes, as well. Everything on Taobao is grey market, but all the XIs on there cost no more than retail.

Last edited:
I let go my extra Bred 11 for $225 to a fellow NTer Monday. Its not retail but it damn sure aint rape price. $40 ($15 shipping) basically $25 for having to wake up at 6am and click away on NDC for a 30-45 min

Because no XI is ever limited besides the DMPs. Every other XI that has ever released has been a GR. 500,000 is A LOT and more than normal. They go for $300-$700 on eBay because most of the people buying/selling there are idiots. I see XIs for $400 and under in the B/S forums all day. European retailers? Size?, SoleHaven, Kickz, just to name a few. $20 over retail is not bad at all. And no, they are not grey market. Size? is definitely not a grey market store as they do collaborations and even have exclusive Air Maxes, as well. Everything on Taobao is grey market, but all the XIs on there cost no more than retail.

Yeah, you are right, bruh. People don't camp out in long *** lines or have to sign up for Twitter and install bot programs on their computers for Concords and Breds. There are so many floating around that you can just waltz into a local store and pick them and the websites never crash or sell out within seconds. :rolleyes

Yeah, you are right, bruh. People don't camp out in long *** lines or have to sign up for Twitter and install bot programs on their computers for Concords and Breds. There are so many floating around that you can just waltz into a local store and pick them and the websites never crash or sell out within seconds. :rolleyes
Stop taking what I said out of context. You're acting as if these shoes are in Yeezy 2 numbers when they are not. In fact, there are more pairs of these produced than there are almost every other Jordan released in the year. I'm just saying that they are not as limited as you make them out to be and there were plenty of chances to get these at no more than $20 over retail. People camping out in long *** lines and websites crash for a shoe release. Woop dee ******g doo. What else is new? Happens with every other release, even Lebrons and Kobes.

Although the 11s were never given an official limited label not all of them were produced in huge numbers like the breds. This was actually brought up before in another thread. Someone who has connects with Nike ( the same NT member that gave detailed info on the may 25th restock, forgot his name) stated if I remember correctly but the production numbers of the concords and breds far surpass those of the cool grey and space jams. Neither cool grey or space jams numbers were anywhere near 500,000 respectively. But bottom line is this, if demand far exceeds supply, such as was the case for the space jams, shoes will be limited no matter what they are. GR or QS.

Last edited:
It's sad that Nike has made their most wanted kick so limited and unobtainable that residents of the greatest sneaker forum online have actually resorted to buying unofficial kicks for higher than retail. :smh:

I am trying to figure out why people are willing to pay at or above retail for these shoes on grey market sites and Ebay, when they are so easily obtainable from official channels according to Foamposite XI. :rolleyes

Last edited:
I think he was just talking about the 11s.  And that some people are idiots.  If I understood his posts correctly.

For someone to say that XIs aren't limited is absurd. Supply definitely has not met demand on any XI release. If people have to wait in line and websites sell out and crash within seconds, then the item is limited. I can't even understand how someone would attempt to argue with any of my posts in here so far.

Stop taking what I said out of context. You're acting as if these shoes are in Yeezy 2 numbers when they are not. In fact, there are more pairs of these produced than there are almost every other Jordan released in the year. I'm just saying that they are not as limited as you make them out to be and there were plenty of chances to get these at no more than $20 over retail. People camping out in long *** lines and websites crash for a shoe release. Woop dee ******g doo. What else is new? Happens with every other release, even Lebrons and Kobes.

It's sad that Nike has made their most wanted kick so limited and unobtainable that residents of the greatest sneaker forum online have actually resorted to buying unofficial kicks for higher than retail. :smh:

This applies to Yeezy's as well.

Pretty sure what he's saying is how "limited" a shoe is isnt about production numbers but about availability due to demand. If 100 shoes are made but only 2 people want them they aren't exactly limited are they? But if 100 shoes are made and 200 people want them that's when they become limited.

Pretty sure what he's saying is how "limited" a shoe is isnt about production numbers but about availability due to demand. If 100 shoes are made but only 2 people want them they aren't exactly limited are they? But if 100 shoes are made and 200 people want them that's when they become limited.

Bingo.

Then that means the Playoff XIIs are limited, Olympic VIIs are limited, Fire Red IVs are limited. Oh yeah, the same thing happens with every other shoe that JB releases. Then that means everything else JB releases is limited, as well. Even the shoe that gets produced more than 90% of the shoes Nike and JB has produced for the year.

Then that means the Playoff XIIs are limited, Olympic VIIs are limited, Fire Red IVs are limited. Oh yeah, the same thing happens with every other shoe that JB releases. Then that means everything else JB releases is limited, as well. Even the shoe that gets produced more than 90% of the shoes Nike and JB has produced for the year.

Yep.

Lettuce be cereal, JB will never 100% satisfy the demand for the XIs unless they are produced in Monarch and AF1 numbers.

Lettuce be cereal, JB will never 100% satisfy the demand for the XIs unless they are produced in Monarch and AF1 numbers.

That's what they should do then. But they won't, because a lotta' hypebeasts just cop these shoes for the exclusivity and because they have been hyped up by the marketing genius that is Nike and Jordan brand.

Once again:

Last edited:
I let go my extra Bred 11 for $225 to a fellow NTer Monday. Its not retail but it damn sure aint rape price. $40 ($15 shipping) basically $25 for having to wake up at 6am and click away on NDC for a 30-45 min

hell, i would jump at that price

They are producing more of XIs pairs than 90% of Nikes and Jordans are produced!!!!! The Monarchs and AF1 are Nike's number 1 and 2 best selling shoe ever, so they will continuously be produced. The XIs don't have the universal appeal the Monarch and AF1s do, so JB will eventually lose money if they do that. Do you take Econ?

The other JB shoes you mentioned simply sold out. Heck the fire red 4s sat in stores by me. The 11s can't be compared to that. Even with the huge stock that they had they stil sold out every where, in some places in seconds. It's not simply jordan brand won't meet 100%. The demand FAR exceeds the supply. Most stores don't even put men sizes on display when they dropped. Only Gs and toddler sizes even hit shelves.

The other JB shoes you mentioned simply sold out. Heck the fire red 4s sat in stores by me. The 11s can't be compared to that. Even with the huge stock that they had they stil sold out every where, in some places in seconds. It's not simply jordan brand won't meet 100%. The demand FAR exceeds the supply. Most stores don't even put men sizes on display when they dropped. Only Gs and toddler sizes even hit shelves.

Yep.

They are producing more of XIs pairs than 90% of Nikes and Jordans are produced!!!!! The Monarchs and AF1 are Nike's number 1 and 2 best selling shoe ever, so they will continuously be produced. The XIs don't have the universal appeal the Monarch and AF1s do, so JB will eventually lose money if they do that. Do you take Econ?

Nike will lose money if they make enough shoes for everyone who wants to buy them? :lol:

Who is your Economics professor? :rofl:

Lemme' get outta here before Meth bans me. Anyone who has been following this thread and convo can see that you don't know what you are talking about. I don't even need to post anymore.

Last edited:
Yep.
Nike will lose money if they make enough shoes for everyone who wants to buy them? :lol:

Lemme' get outta here before Meth bans me. Anyone who has been following this thread and convo can see that you don't know what you are talking about. I don't even need to post anymore.
It's called a demand curve. Once they make enough shoes to satisfy the demand, they will reach an equilibrium. Then what happens when the market gets saturated and everyone who wants the XI is able to get them? The XIs are sitting, Nike loses money, and the demand drops. Take some Econ classes.

Last edited:
Yep.

It's called a demand curve. Once they make enough shoes to satisfy the demand, they will reach an equilibrium. Then what happens when the market gets saturated and everyone who wants the XI is able to get them? The XIs are sitting, Nike loses money, and the demand drops. Take some Econ classes.

So you admit that they are limited, and do not satisfy the demand. Glad we are getting somewhere and you finally agree with my original post that you have been vehemently arguing against. Your little attempt at being pretentious and advising me to take an "Econ class" isn't really relevant to anything that I have said so far.

Some people just like to argue in circles for no reason. :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom