Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've definitely had grey market hares and Bordeauxs. It was just at the time when those shoes were actually on the market.

yup i remember the bordeauxs as well, any jordan release. they have a grey market version unless its so damn top secret and limited. every shoe released they have the only one is the black/gold patent 1's but i wouldnt be surprised if we saw those pop up soon.

How come some GM pairs are different than the authentic pairs?

Take for example, the DB4s.
The white on the tongue is off, and there's also something wrong with the Isiah and the color of the Jordan logo inside.

Are reputable vendors mixing high quality fakes with the supposed grey market pairs?

Do DB4s even have GM pairs or are these just high quality fakes being marketed as unauthorized pairs?

What are models that have confirmed GM pairs?

How come some GM pairs are different than the authentic pairs?

Take for example, the DB4s.
The white on the tongue is off, and there's also something wrong with the Isiah and the color of the Jordan logo inside.

Are reputable vendors mixing high quality fakes with the supposed grey market pairs?

That's another one...like I said..they use the same materials,im pretty sure, but the craftmanship is usually a little off. Whether it be they used slightly different paint, stitching, shape, ect. That can happen with test runs pre runs after market pairs I guess. If you go by material then yeah they're authentic but if your going off craft idk, its a mixed bag.

Last edited:
Reasons not to buy fakes (grey market shoes are fake)
1 - their sellers are stealing others' intellectual property
2 - it hurts the economy
3 - contributes to increasing the deficit (no tax revenues)
4 - funds illegal activity
5 - you are spending real money for fake goods.

if those five reasons aren't enough, you're probably beyond reasoning with
I was lurking his thread and initially I wasn't going to comment but this post by dubizzle (post 872 on pg 30) really perturbed me. Some of you guys bringing this moral/ethics issue about grey market pairs need to be in for a rude awakening. My sophomore year of college a couple years ago I took a class called Globalization and that taught me ALOT about the practices of companies like Nike. Quite frankly I wish I would have broached this topic back then, as I would have definitely written about it in my final paper. My professor (an award winning distinguished professor) would be ecstatic at what's happening to Nike with these grey market pairs and here's why:

The quoted post above says the grey market "hurts the economy" and "contributes to increasing the deficit". This isnt accurate at all. These shoes were never meant to be sold in the first places therefore there would have never been tax dollars from them in the first place. Nike outsourcing the manufacturing of their products is what really is hurting the economy. Have you guys considered the amount of jobs that are lost by companies outsourcing their manufacturing to other countries? Do you know why they do this? So they can lower their overhead as much as possible. If manufacturing of Nike products were done in the U.S.A Nike wouldn't make as much of a profit, they'd have to abide by US minimum wage laws, overtime laws, benefits and healthcare expenses that ALL US employers have to abide by. In order to cut these costs (which would DO WONDERS for the American people) they outsource the manufacturing to China where they don't have to abide by any of this. The worst part is the people they are directly taking jobs from (you know the low income sector of America who's always blamed for all the crime done in America) are the ones being influenced the most by Nike's marketing campaigns. These people don't have the money to afford these shoes (Nike and companies like them are of great blame because they moved the factory jobs they can do abroad). So these people resort to other tactics and means (robbing, killing) in order to get these products. The reason I know the upper echelon and elite of society don't give a f**k about these shoes is because I have family members and friends who attend notable universities that sector of society enrolls in. They tell me nobody there cares about none of this sneaker ish. We (my family, friends and I) grew up in an environment where you had to have on the new pair of j's when they dropped and nobody at my schools were balling like that (Id be surprised if you could even consider half of them middle class). Parents were spending they're rent money and all types of ish just to keep their kids decked out in the new shoes. While the people who can afford it can give TWO F***S about that ish. So there's your moral and ethical issue right there.

If you want more morals and ethics, go research the treatment of those factory workers in China. There was a big news story years ago about the high rates of suicide that were being committed by these workers. You know what the solution to this by companies like Nike, to put a net underneath the factory rooftops so they don't die. That's it! No psychological evaluations, social counseling, nothing just a net.

As far as the intellectual property rights, why are you fighting Nike's battle, they obviously aren't too worried about their rights being infringed upon because they are outsourcing their manufacturing to a country that GIVES ZERO care in the world about those rights. 

This isnt directed specifically to dubizzle but to those who keep bringing up this moral/ethical issue. What's more immoral to you, the issues I outlined above or a  couple people buying some "unauthorized" shoes for slightly above retail. You know some of these people have jobs and can't camp out days before a release to get shoes. Some of these people have kids and families who depend on them and can't risk their lives standing in line at night and possibly getting robbed and/or killed (look at those stampede videos of when those 11's release) over these shoes. So if they found another means to obtain these shoes w/o risking their life and keeping their jobs, then more power to them.

EDIT: I see dubizzle is located in the UK so some of the points I outlined may or may not effect you specifically.

Last edited:
did they really call them aquas............................................................................................................................. I've about had it with all these new idiots out here lol

He also called the fire red 5s Olympics and the phoenix 8s playoffs lol.

Last edited:
I always thought 11s looked like a hybrid rain boot running shoe...lol. Never got why theres so much hype around them.
so im going to out on a limb and say that you werent a kid when these came out and didnt watch MJ destroy people in them and yeah they were a ground breaking shoe at the time they released so its pretty obvious why we love this shoe, you almost cant name any other nike/JB shoe that doesnt have jordan XI influence either.

so im going to out on a limb and say that you werent a kid when these came out and didnt watch MJ destroy people in them and yeah they were a ground breaking shoe at the time they released so its pretty obvious why we love this shoe, you almost cant name any other nike/JB shoe that doesnt have jordan XI influence either.

Nah just my opinion on the shoe. My first memory of watching MJ play I was 6 when he made his return from baseball, #45, my g mom and uncle were fans. Point is, I know what the man did in the shoes, aj 10 and up I saw but when it comes down to you wearing the kick, shouldnt you idk actually like the shoe? Haha, just because I seen him kick *** in a shoe doesn't mean I want them. Personally, I like the 3,4,6,7 and that's what I mostly buy when it comes to Js. Don't get me wrong I'll rock the piss out of an 11 and the other numbers if i get a real good deal on them though, just not paying those retail prices on a shoe I feel eh about.

Last edited:
Nah just my opinion on the shoe. My first memory of watching MJ play I was 6 when he made his return from baseball, #45, my g mom and uncle were fans. Point is, I know what the man did in the shoes, aj 10 and up I saw but when it comes down to you wearing the kick, shouldnt you idk actually like the shoe? Haha, just because I seen him kick *** in a shoe doesn't mean I want them. Personally, I like the 3,4,6,7 and that's what I mostly buy when it comes to Js. Don't get me wrong I'll rock the piss out of an 11 and the other numbers if i get a real good deal on them though, just not paying those retail prices on a shoe I feel eh about.
i hear ya and its everyones opinion, i just remember the first time i saw the black/red mids i was in love (didnt care for any of the other colorways half as much) but in all honesty the Penny 1 was the same way for me that year as well, so much heat in 95-96 it was insane.

U guys were talking about grey market 7's.

They also has grapes for $200, black gapes for $195 and 11 lows for $220 lol no half sizes but they do have size 9 which replicas don't have.

View media item 479351

Just saw a pair of Concords on eBay with really icy soles, these are definitely GM but what's bothering me is the Foot Locker sticker.

So the Chinese are faking the stickers now?

They talk about fakes......Jordan's are released all over the world.....what about the authentic kicks that's released in China and other countries.....are they the same quality as USA releases

They talk about fakes......Jordan's are released all over the world.....what about the authentic kicks that's released in China and other countries.....are they the same quality as USA releases

Good question....I would like to know the same thing

Each region is allocated a certain # of authentic product. If there is nothing shady going on in the supply/distribution chain - then authorized Nike resellers like FootLocker Europe, Footlocker China (??? does this exist) should be carrying the same product as North America.

The quoted post above says the grey market "hurts the economy" and "contributes to increasing the deficit". This isnt accurate at all. These shoes were never meant to be sold in the first places therefore there would have never been tax dollars from them in the first place. Nike outsourcing the manufacturing of their products is what really is hurting the economy. Have you guys considered the amount of jobs that are lost by companies outsourcing their manufacturing to other countries? Do you know why they do this? So they can lower their overhead as much as possible. If manufacturing of Nike products were done in the U.S.A Nike wouldn't make as much of a profit, they'd have to abide by US minimum wage laws, overtime laws, benefits and healthcare expenses that ALL US employers have to abide by. In order to cut these costs (which would DO WONDERS for the American people) they outsource the manufacturing to China where they don't have to abide by any of this. The worst part is the people they are directly taking jobs from (you know the low income sector of America who's always blamed for all the crime done in America) are the ones being influenced the most by Nike's marketing campaigns. These people don't have the money to afford these shoes (Nike and companies like them are of great blame because they moved the factory jobs they can do abroad). So these people resort to other tactics and means (robbing, killing) in order to get these products. The reason I know the upper echelon and elite of society don't give a f**k about these shoes is because I have family members and friends who attend notable universities that sector of society enrolls in. They tell me nobody there cares about none of this sneaker ish. We (my family, friends and I) grew up in an environment where you had to have on the new pair of j's when they dropped and nobody at my schools were balling like that (Id be surprised if you could even consider half of them middle class). Parents were spending they're rent money and all types of ish just to keep their kids decked out in the new shoes. While the people who can afford it can give TWO F***S about that ish. So there's your moral and ethical issue right there.

My man, this was a good first post and I've repped you. However I should point out that the reason the 'sneaker game' is the way it is and everything, even mediocre product is selling out at high prices is because of the elite/rich. The generation in university/college may not care about some clown-coloured Nikes but the 8-14 year old rich cats are the ones buying $1000+ 'limited, Made in China' sneakers.

Another knowledgeable NTer made an excellent post earlier about cats 'eatin' off the sneaker game and sneakerheads' and no surprise but it's the rich/elite again. You do have the cats in the ghetto rocking expensive kicks but again that goes back to what you were saying about a lack of priorities.

I think someone tried to sell me a pair of gm grapes...I wanted to cop another pair, but was immediately alerted because the white leather looked a Lil dull compared to mine, he had it in a legit box but there was a bad scuff mark on the toe..said he bought it from champs, the color was definetly off but everything else looked on point...very crazy these pairs are floating around everywhere so beware

Each region is allocated a certain # of authentic product. If there is nothing shady going on in the supply/distribution chain - then authorized Nike resellers like FootLocker Europe, Footlocker China (??? does this exist) should be carrying the same product as North America.

i have purchased shoes from nikestores in america, australia and china. it's all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom