GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Dam ppl really want Bjelica gone? He hasn't been the best considering how much potential he showed during pre-season but I wouldn't say he's a bust. I will say I didn't think he would struggle so much on decision making. He never seems to know when to shoot and when he cant decide on that he does a terrible drive and kick lol.

Dam ppl really want Bjelica gone? He hasn't been the best considering how much potential he showed during pre-season but I wouldn't say he's a bust. I will say I didn't think he would struggle so much on decision making. He never seems to know when to shoot and when he cant decide on that he does a terrible drive and kick lol.

We-Bjelica! I still like his role and fit for this team. He's surprisingly played the big man role better than i expected, which isnt saying much since I didnt expect a whole lot from him near the rim.

I think Kerr constantly tinkering with rotations and having to figure out minutes is a big factor in this slump the warriors are on. the starting unit has been a constant platooning of players outside of steph/klay/loon. outside of maybe JP and GP2, none of the other guys have consistent minutes and it shows. the random rest days for Otto and Iggy definitely don't help.

fans knew that incorporating klay back in the lineup was going to be messy but I think it definitely hurts not having dray in there. so many of the errors and turnovers by JTA don't happen with dray facilitating on both offense and defense. sucks man, we all waited two years to see steph, dray and klay back on the court at the same time but as soon as klay returns, dray has a back injury.

is what it is. i trust these dudes will get it together by april.

For me, I'm packaging bjelica, moody, cheese and Wiseman for Sabonis. Or whichever or those 4 Indy would take for him.

I like bjelica, but he's been too inconsistent and invisible lately. And lately as in the last 2 months. Gimme Domantis. Suns adding good bigs. Warriors have about 4 players to shop with. Tweak and get a bit better.

Sabonis is a center.

Looney with the bench mob.
That is true. But I'm probably the 1% that hasn't given up on Wiseman yet.I would prefer to keep and develop him while having more cap flexibility in the upcoming years to maintain a solidified bench. IMO, trading for Sabonis would give them less flexibility.

We'll just have to wait and see what moves they do make, if any.

Yea kind of hard to say they need to make a move when we don't know what we have. That is why this Wiseman situation is such a huge hit. Him having a 2nd surgery is not a good look. But the trade market isn't exactly flooded with sure shot fit in players aside form Sabonis. Also it would cost a lot to obtain him. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but just depends what the Dubs gotta give.

Honestly I cant really stand the rotations ever since Play got back. I know Klay is a starter, but man Kerr putting in Lee before Poole gets any burn? JTA with extended minutes (dude has a lot of turnover for someone that is playing a Draymond role). Poole at least can create and is a offensive threat.

Either way, the Dubs are in a wait and see space. Draymond will definitely shore things up.

I honestly think a lot of it is just Kerr seeing what lineups can work. We all know the last month of the season and the playoffs, the rotation will be a 9-players.

They're fine. The inconsistencies from Klay is expected.

Yea true. Not really concerned. Just feels like there hasn't been much flow.

Cant wait to see Steph, Dray and Klay on the floor together for more than 1 sec.

JTA really killed me last night. Made a lot of bad plays and still had the opportunity to be the hero and bricked a layup that was set up perfectly for him. I truly can believe he missed that. And how badly he missed it. It didn't even touch the rim. It was like an off hand lay. And he was very open. I just...man dunk that **** if you're nervous.

JTA really killed me last night. Made a lot of bad plays and still had the opportunity to be the hero and bricked a layup that was set up perfectly for him. I truly can believe he missed that. And how badly he missed it. It didn't even touch the rim. It was like an off hand lay. And he was very open. I just...man dunk that **** if you're nervous.
Yeah JTA has been off recently. Wigs and Poole having a ****ty game at the same time was frustrating and they played like **** on defense.

I love melo but I am curious how he would work with this team considering how him and Steph are both pg. Of course more talent is always better than less, but I'm curious how it'd work. Have curry at the 1 and melo at the 2? Klay 3, Draymond and loon? Like how curry and d.lo didn't work. 2 points on the court often times doesn't work. Different mentalities.

as much as I like lamelo, it's still too soon for me to say "we should've taken him before wise." if anything, we've been able to see Poole's game grow as a primary ball handler when given the opportunity. he's nowhere near the passer/facilitator as melo but poole's got the sauce. JP, JK, Moody, GP2, and Wise (fingers crossed)... the future is is in good hands.

I love melo but I am curious how he would work with this team considering how him and Steph are both pg. Of course more talent is always better than less, but I'm curious how it'd work. Have curry at the 1 and melo at the 2? Klay 3, Draymond and loon? Like how curry and d.lo didn't work. 2 points on the court often times doesn't work. Different mentalities.
Their styles would clash. I think Kerr would want Melo to run the point to free up Steph and Klay. But at the same time, Melo also likes to shoot and score. So, there's always that possibility that the results could have been just like D'Lo's time here.

Melo is good. But it's unfortunate that people have been so quick to give up on Wiseman.

But it's unfortunate that people have been so quick to give up on Wiseman.

No one is giving up on Wiseman. But the facts are the facts.:

-He had an underwhelming rookie season, which ended early because of injury.
-He hasnt seen the court in his sophomore season because he is still rehabbing a 4-6 month injury 10 months later.
-Kerr said Wiseman "could" return for the playoffs, which would over 1 full year since the injury.

This isnt about giving up on him. This is about what he has actually shown us so far. I have hope that he will be good in the future too. I just feel like if he ever gets to that point of being called a good player, its not going to be until at least 3 years after we drafted him. And thats assuming he will ever reach the point of being a good player. Based on his rookie year, he would need to make massive improvements to even be a serviceable role player.

I hope he will get there. I havent given up.

Yea the biggest issue is availability, which hinders the ability to really evaluate him and prevents him from getting the NBA experience he needs to develop. He also didn't play much before the NBA as well. That is a lot of time off the court for such a young player.

The dubs kind of have their hands tied behind their back with this pick, until he actually hits the court.

if we're this eager to see wise hit the court, I can't even imagine what sixers' fans must have felt like being told to "trust the process" for back to back seasons while embiid was on the shelf.

warriors have had the luxury of not having to rush him back mainly because Loon has played out of his damn mind. i don't think i appreciate enough what kevon does for this team on the glass and for rim protection. he's also become a lot more confident finishing at the hoop. in any case, they're gonna need wiseman to be able to play at least 15 minutes a game in the playoffs. if loon gets into foul trouble against the grizz or suns, i'd be concerned about belly being our only big off the bench.

Yea the biggest issue is availability, which hinders the ability to really evaluate him and prevents him from getting the NBA experience he needs to develop. He also didn't play much before the NBA as well. That is a lot of time off the court for such a young player.

The dubs kind of have their hands tied behind their back with this pick, until he actually hits the court.
Well, I dont know about that. He was a major net negative player when he played as a rookie, and most of the time was the worst player on the court. But to your point, this past offseason should have been major factor in his development, but he was rehabbing all summer. So for me it was more about his availability in the offseason than his availability now. We have shown we dont necessarily need him now. And we dont have a choice but to hope he develops. There is no longer a point in him being in trade discussions, unless we want pennies on the dollar.

Last edited:
Well, I dont know about that. He was a major net negative player when he played as a rookie, and most of the time was the worst player on the court. But to your point, this past offseason should have been major factor in his development, but he was rehabbing all summer. So for me it was more about his availability in the offseason than his availability now. We have shown we dont necessarily need him now. And we dont have a choice but to hope he develops. There is no longer a point in him being in trade discussions, unless we want pennies on the dollar.
True, but also his 2nd set back after finding he had additional surgery in December. He can potentially be going into year 3 with not even a full year of court time and very limited off season.

So all this to say and agree with you, he was underwhelming year 1. Going into year 3 he has barely played. Unless he makes some huge strides. I say hands are tied, because we haven't gotten anything from him really a far as sample size of potential. So really its just a wait and see on him like you said. The luxury of winning.

Aside from Wiseman, the Kuminga and Moody pick are just looking :nthat:

He had no summer league and had Covid and missed most of training camp. I think it’s unfair to judge what we saw from him last year. He hasn’t played much since high school.

wiseman cleared for 5-on-5 scrimmage. praying for no swelling or soreness

just wanna see the kid play in an nba game this season already.

He had no summer league and had Covid and missed most of training camp. I think it’s unfair to judge what we saw from him last year. He hasn’t played much since high school.
I get that he had all the disadvantages that you listed. And I am totally understanding to the fact that all those disadvantages were the reason for his performance last year. My question is that how can we expect any improvement at all if he has been injured the entire time since he last played, and his working since has been about getting healthy and rebuilding strength, not on improvements to his game.

So while I am not judging him for the poor performance due to all the things working against him, I also am calling it what it was. And because he still has things working against him, how can we count on improvement?

I hope I am wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom