Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

This was the first steelbook I missed out on because I was too lazy to preorder or go to the store first thing in the morning. I got the Cap 2 and Thor 2 steelbook though.

Anybody else felt the final fight scene was weak? the evil dude barely did anything all movie

should of had more screen time...

bereet.jpg

Does anybody know who's Peter Quill's father going to be? Is it possible that it's the collector?
No, the Collector is not Quill's father. What made you think that?

I know folks in Reddit keep saying that Kevin Bacon should play Quill's father. That would be pretty funny.

No, the Collector is not Quill's father. What made you think that?

I know folks in Reddit keep saying that Kevin Bacon should play Quill's father. That would be pretty funny.

Well it's all just out of theory. I can be wrong, I've haven't reallly done any research on it. But the collector has been in like 3 marvel movies with pretty much no indication why(well at least I don't why). But we do have enough on the table to know he is of some sort of importance. He is also a rare species and supposedly one of the last of his kind.

Anyway, it shows in gotg that he has no problems paying top dollar for whatever he wants or needs for whatever reason idk. Also he comes off like an a-hole. So when Merle claims why he didn't return Quill to his father because he is a "jackass" gave me the possibility of the idea. The director also said that his father will be a surprise character that possibility has been in the marvel movies already. Also said he won't follow the comic books on to who his real father is.
I'm at work so I can't get into too much detail right now.

Does anybody know who's Peter Quill's father going to be? Is it possible that it's the collector?

Highly doubt its the collector. There was almost no indication, no screen time, or any hint that the collector even knew Peter when they stepped into the Collectors store/home.

I was thinking it was Yondu. Remember in the begining in the hospital, Peters mom said his father looked like an angel? Then fast forward, Yondu says something about himself looking like an angel?

Also, at the very end when Yondu is in his plane looking at the orb Peter gave him and found the troll doll, he smiled. He wasnt angry and wanted to get revenge.

At the end of the movie Yondu said something about how they were supposed to deliver Quill to his father. So Yondu is not his daddy.

Yea it's obviously isn't yondu. Plus he's blue skinned. I think me theory is a big reach also. Being that gotg was a movie full of ironic jokes and not to be taken too serious. I think we can't rule the collector not having a bigger role in the future marvel movies. Plus benicio del toro is a big movie star, I highly doubt he'll hop in the marvel movies just to be a stupid Easter egg.

Recently watched the movie (Yeah I'm late) overall good and enjoyed watching it. Need to see more of Thanos haha.

Highly doubt its the collector. There was almost no indication, no screen time, or any hint that the collector even knew Peter when they stepped into the Collectors store/home.

I was thinking it was Yondu. Remember in the begining in the hospital, Peters mom said his father looked like an angel? Then fast forward, Yondu says something about himself looking like an angel?

Also, at the very end when Yondu is in his plane looking at the orb Peter gave him and found the troll doll, he smiled. He wasnt angry and wanted to get revenge.

I understand your point about them being on screen together and nothing was brought to our attention. But you have to factor in Quill's father sent for him 20 something years ago. So if the collector is his father he would have no reason to believe his son will is even alive. Like I said I know I'm reaching, but I think there's no way we can rule it out giving the circumstances.

I actually think he has a soft spot for Quill

Like on some threatening to kill him but will never do it tip

He definitely has a soft spot for him.

He basically raised him from a kid to an adult, probably sees him as the son he never had.

Late pass -- caught this movie last week. Def missed out. Enjoyed thoroughly. Soundtrack :nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom