Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

I didn't have time to comment on it earlier but as much as lamekilla seems to have an overall bias against GotG, I do agree with him that the climax could've been better.

He said something about how the team could've showcased their strengths more in defeating Ronan like the Avengers and I agree.

As much as I like GotG, (I have it number 2 on my marvel movie list), they could've done more that last 20-30 minutes of the movie.

Groot got the most shine down the stretch. He did his thing sacrificing himself to save everyone from the crash and he had that Hulk like sequence when he was smashing everyone back and forth with his arm.

Rocket got to pilot his ship during the climax but there wasn't enough of that. They could've extended that part a bit more. His best part was his jokes and when he used his know how to break everyone out of prison. I wish that they had needed his intellect again like that during the climax.

Gamora's hand to hand combat sequence with Nebula was ok.

Drax got to beat up a group of people when they invaded the ship but his most memorable fight in the whole movie was when he got waxed by Ronan.

Quill didn't do much. His impact was mostly his on screen presence and his one liners. He didn't have any memorable fight scenes. He got a dance number and he was able to show that he could hold the gem longer than others but that's it.

They could've really done much better than what they showed.

Say what you want about the Avengers but everyone's strengths were clearly defined and used during the climax. The GotG? Not as much as they could've.

It says something about the movie that despite those shortcomings it is still one of my fave comic book movies.

Star Wars slander? Man y'all are just crazy. As soon as episode VII comes out people will act like Star Wars is the greatest film ever. Mostly because the critics and the media won't let you go a day without telling you how great the film is even if it isn't. Then people will convince themselves that it's the greatest film ever...just like guardians :rolleyes

But that's not even an indictment and Star Wars though because this new trilogy is gonna be amazing. I mean how can you not like Star Wars??

And I'm waiting for Andrew Garfield to pop up in avengers in some capacity. Everybody will go nuts then slowly convince themselves how awesome ASM2 was. Just watch...

Having good special fx is not enough for me to think a movie is great. By that standard Transformers is one of the best franchises ever :rofl:

Marvel will not crutch all these weak *** 3rd party movies

Last edited:
Im with Spidey on the dance ending, corny. Deflated the momentum and went a little too long.

We see a giant space ship fall to the ground taking down thousands of tiny ships that formed a giant web, one of the main characters sacrifice himself, the main villain turn god mode........... And then a dance battle distraction..... :lol:

Naw, I liked the dance battle distraction. I just wish that wasn't his best part in the climax. :smh: If they had paired that up with some nicely choreographed action sequences showcasing his ability to think on the fly or cunning or something like that, it would've been better...

^
They made him like a grown up urkel but with really bad hair. I was like wth, why would they make his character like this. Wasn't a fan of how rhino was either.

Not only that, the way they made him literally want the spider D for pretty much no reason and having attention be his motive :x

^
They made him like a grown up urkel but with really bad hair. I was like wth, why would they make his character like this. Wasn't a fan of how rhino was either.

:lol: Dude turned to evil Stephan asap. Terrible job by Jamie, but I can understand that's what the direction called for.

Isn't that the whole concept of GotG they aren't your "normal" super hero
sandman spiderman 3 was worse

Naw, at least sandman had a legit motive behind his madness. Electro literally only wanted spider D. May be wrong but I think he literally says that in the movie. It's just hilarious. Then he does everything for attention........ So you're a man made of electricity and you want more attention? What? Finally he dies and is forgotten about within a matter of seconds

Last edited:
Spiderman 3 should have been sandman and only sandman.. The studio forced venom on raimi.. Who knows what happens if raimi just gets his way

Said it before and I'll say it again. SM3 went down hill as soon as anything venom related was introduced

Last edited:
The symbiote suit bonding with Peter and the symbiote bonding with Eddie Brock needs 2 separate movies for it to be done justice. And even then it still won't be accurate unless we see a secret wars film first

Man, I can't believe they had the balls to let us kno they would make us go through Venom again. :lol:

Venom is a property only Marvel Studios can do right. Anyone else would just embarrass themselves.

I think venom can be done right this time around. They just have to be patient and can't cram everything in one film

I"m way more interested in how they'll botch Carnage. I feel that horribleness will actually make this new Venom not all that bad.

It'll be interesting if they can get Venom to be a successful franchise (if only cuz it'll make it essayer for w/e female solo flick they're planning). First time I really thought they could make Venom a thing outside of comics was the Spider-Man Carnage video game for SNES. Then the cartoon where Eddie controlled the symboite long enough to take down Carnage along with Dr. Strange and Spidey.

Spiderman 3 should have been sandman and only sandman.. The studio forced venom on raimi.. Who knows what happens if raimi just gets his way
It still would've been trash. Raimi retconned the Ben death and great power, great responsibility origin by making it all Sandman's fault removing Peter's hard learned lesson.

Last edited:
It still would've been trash. Raimi retconned the Ben death and great power, great responsibility origin by making it all Sandman's fault removing Peter's hard learned lesson.

Finally we acknowledge how trash the Raimi trilogy was 8)

....and lol at guardians getting its thread hijacked by Spiderman talk. Muwahahahahaha :evil:

Finally we acknowledge how trash the Raimi trilogy was 8)

....and lol at guardians getting its thread hijacked by Spiderman talk. Muwahahahahaha :evil:
Whoa slow down bro, nobody but I think iYen on this forum thinks SM3 is good. I've always disliked SM3 and SM3 only.

So I'm not ******** on the entire trilogy. If I talk about BB being just okay or point out problems with TDKR it doesn't mean I think the Nolan trilogy was trash.

SM2 is still better than ASM2.

At this point Dafoe's Green Goblin is waaaaaaaaaaaayyy better than that trash GG in ASM2. Plus ASM's Lizard was barely better than SM3's Venom.

Talk about how trash spiderman has been.

Raimi's SM2 being the only really good one.

IMO SM1 and ASM 1 were okay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom