Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

"...what touches me the most is that the film I told the folks at Marvel I wanted to make two years ago is the film that you're seeing in theaters today - it's that so many of you seem to be directly EXPERIENCING the film I INTENDED."

& people say Marvel doesn't let their directors have creative control
eyes.gif

MvC3 sucks. Dont even try to defend that game. Havent kept up with it but did they do the SF thing where they release 12 versions of the game each with a whole extra character?

View media item 1115182
I hope they do get bankrupt so Sony can buy em and we can get complete games for once.

Last edited:
"...what touches me the most is that the film I told the folks at Marvel I wanted to make two years ago is the film that you're seeing in theaters today - it's that so many of you seem to be directly EXPERIENCING the film I INTENDED."

& people say Marvel doesn't let their directors have creative control :rolleyes

makes me wonder what Edgar Wright did

Blaster stop it. I've played Marvel 2 in tourneys for 6 years and that game was insanely broken. Marvel 3 is broken too but it's such a clever game. Anybody literally has a chance and the character you picked complimented fighting styles way better. *sigh* I'm so depressed. Marvel is pissing me off now >:

:lol: we've had this conversation a couple times already.

Thor III still has potential. I think Marvel has learned a lot, while they still do have some learning to do, but I have high hopes for it. Just have it focus on Enchantress, and Balder I think his name is, and it could be a cool flick. Leave Jane and Darcy out of it and that automatically makes it better.

Thor III still has potential. I think Marvel has learned a lot, while they still do have some learning to do, but I have high hopes for it. Just have it focus on Enchantress, and Balder I think his name is, and it could be a cool flick. Leave Jane and Darcy out of it and that automatically makes it better.
I just want Thor to confuse Beta Ray Bill as an enemy for 45 mins and have the sickest battle in a spaceship. Enchantress can be working for surtur as a double agent for Loki

What I'm getting is that Wright may have wanted his film to be more standalone, while Marvel may have wanted it to connect more to the other films or fit in with their plans for other films.

Well then Edgar Wright deserved to be booted. What was he expecting? He knew damn well that wasnt gonna happen. Im glad, cuz he's trash.

Last edited:
I just want Thor to confuse Beta Ray Bill as an enemy for 45 mins and have the sickest battle in a spaceship.
Well then Edgar Wright deserved to be booted. What was he expecting? He knew damn well that wasnt gonna happen. Im glad, cuz he's trash.
Wasn't BRB in one of those Hulk animated movies? Seems like he's every.

Again, that's just my opinion, but I strongly believe that's the reason

MvC3 sucks. Dont even try to defend that game. Havent kept up with it but did they do the SF thing where they release 12 versions of the game each with a whole extra character?

View media item 1115182
I hope they do get bankrupt so Sony can buy em and we can get complete games for once.

Get outta here sunshine :rolleyes Hyper Fighting and turbo are the same game. Anny collection allowed you to play with the different variations of the world warriors I.e. Super Ryu vs. turbo Balrog, Super turbo revival was for GBA and turbo revival x was a japan exclusive. Regardless Street Fighter is the greatest fighting game ever and Marvel at one point and time realized this :frown:

:lol: we've had this conversation a couple times already.

Yes...yes we have :frown:

The hell is theis Billy Ray Cyrus dude that keeps popping up?

As far as marvel movies for me GOTG> xmen> Spidey> cap

Only because they couldn't use Silver Surfer. And Marvel is very hands on. GotG was too much of a risk so with this property they had to be more laissez faire or you'd have never seen it.

Get outta here sunshine :rolleyes Hyper Fighting and turbo are the same game. Anny collection allowed you to play with the different variations of the world warriors I.e. Super Ryu vs. turbo Balrog, Super turbo revival was for GBA and turbo revival x was a japan exclusive. Regardless Street Fighter is the greatest fighting game ever and Marvel at one point and time realized this :frown:

Yes...yes we have :frown:

Yes I know. All those tweaks amounted to nothing. All these games shouldn't have been more than 3 different games.

Nah, I'm pretty sure Capcom approached them because Capcom knows Marvel is GOAT

The hell is theis Billy Ray Cyrus dude that keeps popping up?

As far as marvel movies for me GOTG> xmen> Spidey> cap

Beta Ray Bill is the strongest of the korbinites. He was giving bionic modifications to be even stronger. He is took responsibility to move the Korbinites from one planet to another while they were in cryogenic sleep as their old planet was beeing destroyed. Thor mistook him for a villain and they fought. In the battle they realized BRB is worthy to wield Mjolnir, making him the first person outside Marvel's Norse Pantheon to wield the hammer.

View media item 1115250
View media item 1115249
He's also had sexual relations with sif.

Last edited:
Probably watched those horse videos online and was like why not.

Last edited:
Finally saw it, and it was great. I can't say that I have any problems with the film/

The "I'm Star-Lord" in the film is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than it was in the trailer. The trailers were terrible so I thought it was going to come off as corny, but it worked.

I was wary of Rocket's voice, but it worked as well.

The first meeting between all of them was great.

I'm surprised at how well they integrated Rocket. I just thought he was going to be used for cheap laughs.

Drax with the why would I put my finger on him was my favorite line
laugh.gif

Brolin''s voice is perfect for Thanos

The drunk moment Rocket and Drax had was a standout moment in the film for me

Yondu was a great addition to the film. Surprised he hasn't been mentioned that much

Ronan served his purpose. I liked him as a villain. Enjoyed him more than Malekith.

How they dropped the name of the film in in the movie wasn't bad. It's usually corny when they do that.

So yeah, Guardians was a great way to open up Marvel's cosmic side of their universe. With this, Cap 2, and Avengers 2 (I already know it'll be great), Marvel is ending Phase II on a good note.

Last edited:
enjoyed how they tied in the infinity gems/stones of earth and cosmic

avengers and cap 2 were better, but the movie was worth watching

Back
Top Bottom