Halal guys carts coming to Cali >NY

we are now winning #bestcoast

the-halal-guys
The Halal Guys, that famous New York-based food cart that offers gyros, chicken and rice platters drenched in 'White Sauce' is officially coming to California.

Specifically, the NYC-based concept has just signed a 50-unit franchise deal to bring the famed cart concept to Southern Cali, apparently a Middle Eastern food desert (South County, lookin' at you). 5 locations in Los Angeles and Orange County are anticipated to open by the end of 2015.

Industry reports mention that Southern California isn't the only target for The Halal Guys' expansion.

image: http://cdn.foodbeast.com/content/uploads/2015/02/halal-guys.jpg

halal-guys
More deals have been inked that will likely bring The Halal Guys to locations in Houston, TX, Washington, D.C., Chicago, and Philadelphia. The Philippines, Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia are also official targets.

Here is their franchise growth plan, if all goes accordingly:

The Philippines: 20 unit franchise agreement
Southern California: 50-unit deal for territories South of San Bernadino and San Luis Obispo
Houston, TX: 5-unit development deal
Washington, D.C.: 10-unit development deal for the entire city
Hell, if you have a couple million dollars to spare, you too can jump on The Halal Guys' franchising bandwagon.

Read more at http://www.foodbeast.com/news/halal-guys-expands-california/#vqx4vkoIJz8hrmRU.99

Yeah cause that's the biggest draw for nyc :smh:
Comparing a state to a city is a automatic L

Last edited:
eh, 53 and 6th fell off imo.   that spot was nice in its heyday though, quality seemed to go down in recent years though.    its a tad bit out the way but i prefer sammys on west 4th to get my halal fix.  

i hope they open a halal guys close by me though, i live in redondo beach,  put one in hermosa or somethin and that would be cool post evening drinking food, but im not going to go out of my way to go downtown for it.

53rd and 6th isnt the same anymore IMO.

IMO the platters I like to get now are from Kebab Paradise in NJ. Those platters are on point. Raisins and shredded carrots on top of the platter with extra white sauce (pause). :smokin

i'm telling you man,  maybe its because i've had it too much over the years or i don't know what it is, but i used to be able to eat that stuff regularly.

if i eat it now, i'll eat half and be done with it.  it just don't taste the same to me.  

Edit:
View media item 1409070View media item 1409072
Miss my old job's proximity to Halal Guys. Two blocks away, used to go all the time after a long, tiring shift.

FYI, they raised the price of platters a dollar.

Juicy Platters opened up around my way in Bergen County, but the platters tasted fraudulent. I need the NYC experience, with a buzz.

IMO the platters I like to get now are from Kebab Paradise in NJ.
We gotta go after a night of drinking.

My coworkers order from Afghan Kebab House regularly, and swear the food is bomb.

Last edited:
So .... you just gonna let the gyro meat slide down your thoat and the white sauce on yoyr lips.....pass

There's a halal cart in SF, I pass by it all the time, but haven't tried it yet.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/halal-cart-san-francisco

Anyone try it? How does it compare to the nyc one? :nerd:

i've been to the NYC one when I took a trip there. I'm from the Bay. I don't even think about halal carts out here so I don't bother looking or going out of the way just to eat it,.

Reading the reviews though, it looks like it's a fail if comparing it to the one in NYC. Last I recall, NYC one was like $6 for a monster platter of food that actually tasted good. The reviews say to match just the portion of the NYC one, you gotta get the $10 plate. I think what makes the NYC one special is overall experience with it. The price you pay, for the amount of food, but still good food.

The title of the thread is Cali>NY not Cali>NYC

So you telling me op was really talking about Buffalo, Albany, Woodstock, :smh: cam gif. Op was clearly trying to take a shot at NY, the only NY that matters the 5 boroughs and my point still stands. You have to compare an entire state to one city. Take that L cali.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom