Halal guys carts coming to Cali >NY

53rd & 6th [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Best $7 you'll ever spend on a meal

in queens there are other late night spots to grub after a night of drinks...in astoria, for example, you got empanada mama or that columbian corner joint on steinway next to ravenshead...

college point, cherry valley.

nyc you got variety. also halal guys aint the only good halal.

You aint lie b...

Theres this kebab cart forgot what street corner in astoria ...sooooooonnnn...three of those joints 2 chicken 1 beef...can of coke = virgin mary's box ....

But halal...nah b ....im good on those...like a prev poster said...thats a once in a while kinda deal (when i mean once in a while i mean like twice maybe 3 times a year)

I was going to eat at the one in K Town but I walked out when I found out they don't have lamb. I'll just wait till I'm back in NY to get my fix
Halal guys fell off imo. Food hasn't tasted as good as it once did for a while now.

Still though, it tastes better at the actua

I think all the halal guys spots are using beef instead of lamb now which sucks.

NYC wise though, sammys halal is my spot. It's one on west 4th. That spot comes through after you been drinking. They got one in Jackson heights as well. I'll take them over the halal guys any day of the week.

in queens there are other late night spots to grub after a night of drinks...in astoria, for example, you got empanada mama or that columbian corner joint on steinway next to ravenshead...

Arepa lady in queens. Chachapas, late night mofongo and chimi trucks uptown. Fired meat/chicharon with tostones etc etc Too much way too much

Last edited:

Arepa lady in queens. Chachapas, late night mofongo and chimi trucks uptown. Fired meat/chicharon with tostones etc etc Too much way too much

raw

repped

Have two spots in Chicago. Tried one off the rec of a coworker she said it was bomb in NY. Not so much when I went, it was bland as **@K nothing I'd be going back for. I much rather go to Pita Inn. Which is dripping in flavor .

Man dude that said NT hates everything was on point. Halal guys is fire. Its not a gourmet meal or anything but for 7 bucks its that goods :smokin

That white sauce is just too good whatever the hell it is.

A lot of mayo in that sauce, which is why it tastes good.

I work right across from the cart, so I'm really tired of it at this point

Naya Express is my new go-to

I never understood the hype for this, I rather hit up a chino truck....thank God yuppies haven't gotten wind of Chimis.

The only time Halal Guys has been amazing to me is when I was on the brink of blacked out drunk at 4 AM in NYC. I've had it sober twice and wondered if I was eating the same thing everyone else keeps hyping up or some bootleg cart :lol:

Last edited:
I was going to eat at the one in K Town but I walked out when I found out they don't have lamb. I'll just wait till I'm back in NY to get my fix

damn I was gonna hit this one up off the skrength of this thread :lol: :smh:

I found the one in LBC and Ktown comparable to NYC.

I guess the vibe of being in Manhattan scarfing this down makes it better than it is.

the halal guys actually opened their restaurant here...lines were insane.
its on 59 and shepherd

but JONES Fried chicken off of 59 and fondren - sharpstown
get the spicy lamb over rice with extra sauce and the fried chicken wings 

you wont regret it...and its open till 5 am. 

Yo this spot is legit.

The spicy isnt spicy to me but has good flavor.

Yo this spot is legit.

The spicy isnt spicy to me but has good flavor.
I tried it this weekend and had the opposite reaction. The food was pretty bland to me but I may have expected more due to the hype around the opening. I eat combo platters from food trucks at work that taste better.

100% agree about the spicy sauce. I got extra and it still wasn't that hot.

Spicy lamb wit rice wit that white sauce.

Didnt know what it was so i only got a lil bit, wish i would have got more.

Prolly try the chicken tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom