Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Originally Posted by zxc123

roll.gif
looks awkward with too many�Filipino�dudes all trying to be "phresh"
roll.gif

You sound like a 40 year old virgin. 
You Mad?

laugh.gif

Pointing out what, an insulting opinion about other members of this forum? I should hope I don't have to explain to you why that's against our rules.

Pointing out what, an insulting opinion about other members of this forum? I should hope I don't have to explain to you why that's against our rules.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Yuku has been sold.*  In a deal completed earlier this month, Yuku was sold to a company called Inform, a leader in language-processing and AI technology.

Let's just cut to the chase and discuss how this benefits us.  First and foremost, this allows us to improve our site's performance dramatically without sacrificing our user database and post library. 
As many of you have noticed, we've experienced marked improvements in both stability and load times over the last few weeks - and that was only the beginning. 

If NikeTalk were a child, he or she would have graduated from elementary school by now.  Don't you think it's time we moved on?  Within the next month or two, we'll be leaving the old Yuku colo facility behind forever and moving on up to something a bit more modern.  (And I'm not referring to UNIVAC or Colecovision.)  Plans are already underway to migrate to brand new, auto-scaling cloud hosting.  What that means, to those of us who enjoy regular sunlight, is that sudden traffic spikes (like, say, during a major sporting event) will no longer cause the site to run slower than Randy Moss on a decoy route.

It will also mean that we'll have access to and will help develop new features you won't find on any other platform.  You know how search tags are worthless because there's no standardization and most users have no concept of how to use them as anything other than space for a poor, secondary punchline?  All that can change.  Imagine technology that automatically extracts search tags from posts, sorting it into thousands of content categories.  Once we're able to apply Inform technology to our forums, it will be easier than ever to find something of interest. 

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

birthday.gif

Meth promised progress and dude delivered.
pimp.gif

Exactly how I feel. Now I hope they fix Yuku doubling file sizes of avys.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Yuku has been sold.*  In a deal completed earlier this month, Yuku was sold to a company called Inform, a leader in language-processing and AI technology.

Let's just cut to the chase and discuss how this benefits us.  First and foremost, this allows us to improve our site's performance dramatically without sacrificing our user database and post library. 
As many of you have noticed, we've experienced marked improvements in both stability and load times over the last few weeks - and that was only the beginning. 

If NikeTalk were a child, he or she would have graduated from elementary school by now.  Don't you think it's time we moved on?  Within the next month or two, we'll be leaving the old Yuku colo facility behind forever and moving on up to something a bit more modern.  (And I'm not referring to UNIVAC or Colecovision.)  Plans are already underway to migrate to brand new, auto-scaling cloud hosting.  What that means, to those of us who enjoy regular sunlight, is that sudden traffic spikes (like, say, during a major sporting event) will no longer cause the site to run slower than Randy Moss on a decoy route.

It will also mean that we'll have access to and will help develop new features you won't find on any other platform.  You know how search tags are worthless because there's no standardization and most users have no concept of how to use them as anything other than space for a poor, secondary punchline?  All that can change.  Imagine technology that automatically extracts search tags from posts, sorting it into thousands of content categories.  Once we're able to apply Inform technology to our forums, it will be easier than ever to find something of interest. 

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

birthday.gif

Meth promised progress and dude delivered.
pimp.gif

Exactly how I feel. Now I hope they fix Yuku doubling file sizes of avys.

Been lurking for waaaayyyy too long (since 04) before finally getting an account. 

I grew up with this site. Tons of great advice/stories with just chill, down to earth people.

HBD and thanks for everything NT

Been lurking for waaaayyyy too long (since 04) before finally getting an account. 

I grew up with this site. Tons of great advice/stories with just chill, down to earth people.

HBD and thanks for everything NT

Member for 3 years this Xmas, and have been lurking for about 2 years before that.

I don't post much, but NT is by far my favorite website ever. Never have I been to a site that provides as many laughs.

Happy 11th
pimp.gif

Member for 3 years this Xmas, and have been lurking for about 2 years before that.

I don't post much, but NT is by far my favorite website ever. Never have I been to a site that provides as many laughs.

Happy 11th
pimp.gif

Member since '04 and i'm glad to b a part of this website
pimp.gif

Happy Birthday Niketalk!!!

Oh..and i will definitely b coppin that Niketalk Fitted..

Back
Top Bottom