Happy Sega Dreamcast Day

Dreamcast. The first Xbox.

Microsoft used SEGA like Sony did Nintendo. :wow:

Last edited:
I miss Sega as a company my first system was the genesis 
frown.gif

ahhh the memories. Dreamcast is my favorite console of all time. I remember when I 1st got my Dreamcast. I purchased it at KB Toys (how many of yall remember them) & it came with a copy of NBA 2K1, NFL 2K1 & World Series Baseball 2K1.

The fun i had with this system is beyond comprehensible and i got it again well after its release. NBA 2k1 was the greatest and so was prince of arabia and mvc2. favorite system beside the ps1 of all time. 

How u not have Shenmue as the first pic? Reported....

MvC2 definitely the GOAT fighting game, only game close or better would be SF2

Nfl2k would crush Madden right now

Crazy taxi was my ****

Last edited:
The lack of a DVD-rom killed the DC. With the PS2, you had the ability to get a gaming system and dvd player all in one. That's ultimately why it succeeded.
That's ultimately why the ps2 succeeded but def not why the DC died. Again bootlegging killed it. There literally was no reason to buy a single game after people discovered how to do it. No firmware updates at that time so there was no coming back from it.

It's not a debate. The lineup speaks for itself. DC was well ahead of its time. We aren't about to debate about this when it had both third strike and Mvc1 and 2 arcade perfect or damn near close in the case of third strike. And exclusives like jet set radio or Shen mue.

Last edited:
I love the DC but it wasn't "ahead of its time", in fact it was a step behind. Yeah bootlegging didn't help but the ps2 killed it in every way just a year later. Remember too, at that time "OMG better graphics" still sold itself to customers.

They also relyed on gimmicks, the VMU, special controllers (light gun, ect) to help sales which ultimately fell flat.

Last edited:
How has no one mentioned ready 2 rumble?? :smh:

Dreamcast was an amazing system, so many games that I loved on it. Definitely appreciated :pimp:

Last edited:
Remember seeing nfl2k demo playing at GameStop, bought it on the spot. Didn't like how nfl2k played though, but nba2k was so sick, spent many hours on that, so advanced for its time

man the memories...

here is my story, I have told it before in Dreamcast threads but I had a 1989 Dodge Dynasty which was a POS and I had my Dreamcast pre-ordered and paid for at my local mall, the store I forget but it was either Babbages or Game Stop. My Dynasty's brake pads were failing but like a dumb teen I drove to the mall anyway and when I got there the brake pads literally were glowing bright red but I got my Dreamcast and then drove to my high school girl's house and had to call my grandfather who told me not to drive that car but I did anyway. I have NEVER seen my grandfather so mad at me :lol:

I love the DC but it wasn't "ahead of its time", in fact it was a step behind. Yeah bootlegging didn't help but the ps2 killed it in every way just a year later. Remember too, at that time "OMG better graphics" still sold itself to customers.

They also relyed on gimmicks, the VMU, special controllers (light gun, ect) to help sales which ultimately fell flat.

Dreamcast was def ahead of its time, hell you tombout :lol: online gaming, VGA output, mini games on mobile device, probably stuff I'm forgetting.

DVDs instead of CDs could have extended its life MAYBE. Sega was bleeding money in hardware costs and Sony developed a system based on stuff they basically already had.

They were relying more on software to cover costs and it ****** them in the end.

Dreamcast was def ahead of its time, hell you tombout :lol: online gaming, VGA output, mini games on mobile device, probably stuff I'm forgetting.

DVDs instead of CDs could have extended its life MAYBE. Sega was bleeding money in hardware costs and Sony developed a system based on stuff they basically already had.

They were relying more on software to cover costs and it ****** them in the end.

And none of that stuff ran well. Games on the VMU? LOL sounds awesome in paper but that thing ate batteries like crazy then you're stuck with that loud beeping noise everytime you play. Those VMU games weren't even digi pet quality. Online? You ever tried it? It was beyond horrible and down right unplayable.

"Ahead of its time" :rofl: stop

And none of that stuff ran well. Games on the VMU? LOL sounds awesome in paper but that thing ate batteries like crazy then you're stuck with that loud beeping noise everytime you play. Those VMU games weren't even digi pet quality. Online? You ever tried it? It was beyond horrible and down right unplayable.

"Ahead of its time" :rofl: stop

It wasn't ahead of its time, it just had cross platform play, online gaming (56k and broadband), console x handheld compatibility, VGA output, a system interface/UI, voice recognition and voice chat, and motion sensitive controllers :lol:

The only thing that didn't run well was the online gaming, cuz it was on a damn dial up modem :lol:

Tell me more about the capabilities of other systems in 1998.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom