HAS ANYONE GOT IN "TROUBLE" FOR NOT SHOWING UP FOR JURY DUTY

If you prove you were at Jury Duty, doesn't your job have to pay you? I don't know why you guys want to skip, I actually like Jury Duty :/

If you prove you were at Jury Duty, doesn't your job have to pay you? I don't know why you guys want to skip, I actually like Jury Duty :/
I don't think all jobs are required to pay you, but I do believe they must allow you time off to serve your civil duty.

I got two notices, didn't go at all. nothing has happened...............yet 
nerd.gif

RIP

I actually got picked for a case once and never showed up cuz the case was gonna screw with a major trip I planned for almost a year.

Still on the run :nerd:

No, but they have to let you go...and if you're salary...then they are technically paying you to go

In my state - the rules have changed in terms of what the state itself has to pay you...

...they no longer have to pay anything unless you are selected & the case goes 5 days+!

I always request to postpone whenever I get a summon and it always works. :pimp:

when i have requested a postponement, it works too...but then i get another notice in like 6 months

i feel if you don't work through the cycle (by serving or being let off by not being selected) they keep putting your name in da draw bin
I've been getting summons for 10 years now and never reported once. Hopefully it stays that way.

I had jury duty yesterday, sat around for seven hours in the juror selection room doing nothing. Both the cases they put me on ended up not needing a jury so I got released for the week.

I tell people all the time to just go

It's not that bad an you probably won't be selected

You probably will only spend a day there

I gotta go in for that interview on the 27th. I wouldn't mind it but im not trying to miss two days of school on the second week and get behind early even if i can make it up later in the semester. 
frown.gif

No, but they have to let you go...and if you're salary...then they are technically paying you to go

In my state - the rules have changed in terms of what the state itself has to pay you...

...they no longer have to pay anything unless you are selected & the case goes 5 days+!
Its only like $15-$40 a day

My cousin got called before and as soon as he entered the court room he said NOT GUILTY. Judge said your dismissed..LMAO

I gotta go in for that interview on the 27th. I wouldn't mind it but im not trying to miss two days of school on the second week and get behind early even if i can make it up later in the semester. :frown:

jeez, usually they let students postpone or cancel - especially if you are at school & not in the county you have to serve in
local college (close to home address) perhaps?

Have jury duty tomorrow.
mean.gif
my second one in 3 years and I've only been living in this area for 4. Meanwhile dudes been living here their whole lives without getting called.

Last time it was a case against a tobacco company and I told them I had a bias against tobacco companies so they didn't pick me. Straight up contemplating not even showing up tomorrow.

I'm not trying to miss work. ****** I got deadlines and ****.

And I'm reading an article that says judges in this county are so fed up with folks skipping that they've introduced special legislation and ****. Big *** fines and jail time
mean.gif

Last edited:

nah they don;t have to pay you for that. But I feel bad for people who's jobs won't 

Was called in last summer
The day of they told me i didnt have to go anymore
Sent me another one on my day of finals they let me postpone it
Sent me another one since i postponed i planned on going to this one but didnt wake up on time.. This was a month ago so idk imma prob get another one soon

Funny how many people complain about an all white jury but a lot of black folks I know skip jury duty. Smh

...they no longer have to pay anything unless you are selected

Its only like $15-$40 a day

My cousin got called before and as soon as he entered the court room he said NOT GUILTY. Judge said your dismissed..LMAO
Roger?

:lol: My first jury duty was fun. It wasn't as boring as people made it seemed to be.

Maybe because there a lot of bad females that day, pulled a few digits and made the most of it.

Got the letter in the mail once a couple years ago, threw it in the garbage and never heard from them again. Hopefully that's the last time

Them folks send me one of them tickets, rip ripty rip rip.. rip. BOW! Courts adjourned.

Jury duty is awesome if the company you work for pays you when you have to report.

If you really don't want to report, can't you just say you never received the mail notification? 

Back
Top Bottom