HAS ANYONE GOT IN "TROUBLE" FOR NOT SHOWING UP FOR JURY DUTY

Funny how many people complain about an all white jury but a lot of black folks I know skip jury duty. Smh

Right cause folks are being called for captial cases all the time.

Most jury duty is the most mundane **** usually not murder trails of unarmed black folks.

Plus lets be real, when it comes to the daren wilsons and George Zimmerman, funny how they get real selective during jury selection.

I really hate race threads, but I'm tired of folks making blanket statements based on they own prejudice

Wen i had jury duty (twice) a bunch of people didnt show and they didnt give a *

last time i got a duty notice was in college, but i was out of state, so i told em that, and they said send a copy of lease (was renting off campus), so i did...and it worked. and i graduated like 4 yrs ago...

Right cause folks are being called for captial cases all the time.

Most jury duty is the most mundane **** usually not murder trails of unarmed black folks.

Plus lets be real, when it comes to the daren wilsons and George Zimmerman, funny how they get real selective during jury selection.

I really hate race threads, but I'm tired of folks making blanket statements based on they own prejudice

Whoa relax, nobody mentioned anything about capital murder. Even "petty crimes" people complain about all white jury or white judges but nobody wants to participate.

I hate when people complain about things that they willingly can help change but don't.

Never got a letter, but would love to go. Free food and I get paid? I'd volunteer for it if I could.

I've been resquesting the postpone option since I started receiving the summons, worked everytime.

I had to do jury duty last year. My group had the last selection of the day :x .

The case was about a lady who stole candy :smh: .

You guise are soft.

Guise need to learn how to put your foot down and simply tell them you don't want to go. :smh:

That's that, end of story.
Aight ***** when the feds come for that *** we'll see how soft we are and how tough you are :lol:

Not sure, I know a few States that still do through voters registration. I stopped getting summons years ago, and my wife switched to NPA a couples years back and hasnt been called since.

I got the notice over the summer. Was contemplating if I should go as I would miss work and cause I'm interning, I don't get paid if I don't work. When they asked me that if I was chosen,would I be fair blah blah blah. I told them yes but I'm currently competing for a job spot and if I were to lose out on it cause of this case, would they give me a job. They ended up giving me a pass. :lol:

I had to go last month went from 8am-12pm, case was dismissed so I didn't even have to see the judge. :smokin I also got a $15 check in the mail and a fresh cut.

Sent it back once asking for it to get postponed because I had finals that week. They said no, so I said **** you guys and never showed up. They've sent me stuff in the mail and I just throw it away

Back
Top Bottom