Has anyone gotten a university parking lot ticket? Vol. what can they possibly do?

I wouldnt drive it up there again because they will def tow your car. I had this happen to me and I got it linked to my school account somehow. I'm guessing they looked to see who the car was registered and applied to my account.

When I was in school they towed my car. They did a sweep about 2 weeks before finals and any cars with outstanding tickets were towed. I had 3 outstanding $50 tickets that I to pay +$300 in inbound, storage, and towing fees. Pay that ticket!

When I was in school they towed my car. They did a sweep about 2 weeks before finals and any cars with outstanding tickets were towed. I had 3 outstanding $50 tickets that I to pay +$300 in inbound, storage, and towing fees. Pay that ticket!

A lot of universities have a place on their website where you can appeal tickets. Not saying it always works but I've gotten 2/3 tickets removed that way

A lot of universities have a place on their website where you can appeal tickets. Not saying it always works but I've gotten 2/3 tickets removed that way

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

Originally Posted by tmay407

I got one before Christmas break, but forgot to pay it before going home. Transportation Services ended up transferring the balance to Billing Services, and the balance got added to my student account. The way I understood it, that balance put a hold on my status that wouldn't have allowed me to get my diploma until the balance was paid.

You may want to look into that possibility and see if your school is the same way.
Bingo - virtually every school operates this way and they are really tight about it. Just pay it, there's really no getting around it with graduation involved.
All of this.

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

Originally Posted by tmay407

I got one before Christmas break, but forgot to pay it before going home. Transportation Services ended up transferring the balance to Billing Services, and the balance got added to my student account. The way I understood it, that balance put a hold on my status that wouldn't have allowed me to get my diploma until the balance was paid.

You may want to look into that possibility and see if your school is the same way.
Bingo - virtually every school operates this way and they are really tight about it. Just pay it, there's really no getting around it with graduation involved.
All of this.

pay the ticket; dont risk any holds esp over your graduation

OR if you're really adamant about not paying you should just appeal since you have a permit already. Make something up like if it was hanging up and the officer missed the tag

pay the ticket; dont risk any holds esp over your graduation

OR if you're really adamant about not paying you should just appeal since you have a permit already. Make something up like if it was hanging up and the officer missed the tag

i actually bought the parking ticket from another student that won't be returning for this semester. the parking tag wasn't visible so they weren't able to get their information..so i guess as long as they don't see me again i'll be good but i'll just take the L and pay so there's no complications later on.

My car got towed once to the "School yard". I racked up like $325 tickets.

i actually bought the parking ticket from another student that won't be returning for this semester. the parking tag wasn't visible so they weren't able to get their information..so i guess as long as they don't see me again i'll be good but i'll just take the L and pay so there's no complications later on.

My car got towed once to the "School yard". I racked up like $325 tickets.

Back
Top Bottom