Has shoes today become the sportcards of the 90s? vol. look who is camping out

A personal grail I will likely never have the money to afford. 1/1 Marino-Tannehill, autographed jersey card. :smh: :pimp:

I was, hoever, lucky enough back in the day to pull a card that will probably be buried with me when I die.

Pulled this out of a box of 99 Topps, which happened to have Marino on the cover, so I automatically purchased those back in the day.

No amount of joy can be explained when I saw this. I could have pulled an auto of anybody, for it to be my favorite athlete of all time simply shook me.

that's pretty cool. I have some sports cards myself, nothing crazy though. might take some pics one of these days and upload them

ain't even mad about the derail.

i love seeing people's collection :smokin

I tried to get in the hobby a bit, best thing i pulled out was a bruce bowen sign 12/25 |I

i still have my cards somewhere. stopped buying a while ago.

Last edited:
I don't even think it's too much of a derail. All of these comments are relevant to the sneaker/card comparison. How people talk about them, how they collected them, everything

fyi....my grail was a '52 Topps Willie Mays...which I still have and keep on my dresser. all of my other cards are in my parents bedroom, except that

Best believe they waiting for you to throw yours out so they can bounce back. I'm not throwing any of my mj cards away.

I love the direction this thread took...  Can't wait to break my cards out this weekend...

I don't even think it's too much of a derail. All of these comments are relevant to the sneaker/card comparison. How people talk about them, how they collected them, everything

fyi....my grail was a '52 Topps Willie Mays...which I still have and keep on my dresser. all of my other cards are in my parents bedroom, except that

I used to collect cards like crazy back in the 90's but now I'm pretty much content with my collection....except for 2 cards I'm missing...and that's the 1952 Topps Willie Mays and his rookie card.....:lol: I passed on both cards at a sports cards/memorabilia show and still regret it...one day ill have em' though and it will complete my collection...

I only really collect MJ, Jerry Rice/49ers & pre-1960 Willie Mays stuff...I've posted these before but here's some of my collection, enjoy:

Last edited:
No lies I have a drawer that is filled only with MJ cards, and probably has somewhere near 200. Some are really dope :pimp:

I'm gonna take a pic later

Don't think I was as into as some of you were but I had an ok collection :lol: Never really put together sets or went to shows/card shops.

Anyone ever sent cards in to get graded? Which site/company? If you have card that's potentially valuable I'd be a little weary. None of the BGS/PSA shows come near me.

Took a glance at old stash yesterday. I had a binder with nothing but MJ cards that was stolen when I was title :smh:

If anyone has a lot of experience collecting baseball cards and wants to help us with a deep-dive analysis comparing cards to sneakers, and examining whether the sneaker market is in a bubble, and if it will burst, email me at data@campless.com

thanks!

The only noteworthy card I own. Pulled from a hobby box on Christmas Eve 2012. I don't collect anymore but I bought a bunch of boxes that year due to Luck and RG3. I will most likely sell this after Luck wins his 1st Super Bowl. 

Back
Top Bottom