have any of you guy's ever tried to sue for discrimination ?

Is this accurate for cliffs?

You spot Cristina

She walks between you and your friend, and you try to introduce yourself

She just blows you off and whips out a cellphone

you are watching each other as she talks on the phone

another manager calls you saying there are two suspicious men in the store

you tell him it's you and your boy

you go up to Cristina and get to explain yourself

racist comments are said

Is that accurate? how were you exactly looking like you were trying to steal?

Last edited:
First thing you need to do is establish a record of a hostile work environment and a pattern of discrimination toward yourself. That starts with written complaints to your hr department. But you will need to be strategic and not tip your hand showing them what your goal is.

You will also need to keep a record of all accounts and have them also on record with your hr department.

Most importantly, you need to keep your job until they force you out. Show that you did what you were supposed to do. Don't give them any legal reason to fire you. Play the game so to speak, but make It clear that you are unhappy in your attitude. I mean don't tell them that you hate it there. Keep that to yourself.

You also need to up your knowledge on their arbitration process. Walmart is a huge corporation and they likely have dealt with similar situations before. Do your Googles on any case history to figure out your course of action. More than likely if similar cases went through arbitration, there may not be too much public info available, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck.

Last edited:
:frown: I'm sorry that happened to you. Keep your head up and your options open for a different company

Yeah u could get paid if u play it right
U should be lawyering up right now instead of asking us TBH

Discrimination lawsuits at work are hard to prove unless the evidence is blatantly obvious.  Lots of loopholes for them to use and trust that they'll use them.  

File with the EEOC and see what they say--they won't pick up your case unless they think they have a legit chance of winning.  Worst case scenario is they say no. 

My wife used the EEOC and while she didn't "win", she did get a settlement check.  The downside is that she lost her job and can never work there again.  

Discrimination lawsuits at work are hard to prove unless the evidence is blatantly obvious.  Lots of loopholes for them to use and trust that they'll use them.  

File with the EEOC and see what they say--they won't pick up your case unless they think they have a legit chance of winning.  Worst case scenario is they say no. 

My wife used the EEOC and while she didn't "win", she did get a settlement check.  The downside is that she lost her job and can never work there again.  
How much was the check and where did she work or at least what type of work did she do

for what it's worth Barney's just settled their discrimination suits for like half a million... maybe you should look into legal action. It sounds like you have a case. Especially with the phone call

Is this accurate for cliffs?

You spot Cristina

She walks between you and your friend, and you try to introduce yourself

She just blows you off and whips out a cellphone

you are watching each other as she talks on the phone

another manager calls you saying there are two suspicious men in the store

you tell him it's you and your boy

you go up to Cristina and get to explain yourself

racist comments are said

Is that accurate? how were you exactly looking like you were trying to steal?

Completely accurate. And I'm not exactly sure. I've been trying to figure that out myself. That's why I just assumed that she meant it because of my race. Also, me and my partner are the only two black people in loss prevention throughout the whole market

Last edited:

How much was the check and where did she work or at least what type of work did she do
Not gonna disclose the specifics on here man.  
laugh.gif

I will say she works in healthcare.  And her situation was more harassment that led to discrimination due to whistleblowing, and then retaliation when they randomly moved her to a different (and less desirable) department.  

I have a cousin who worked at a bank of America branch

He was the only white person at the branch. They would constantly call him cracker and white boy and other names. The manager treated him pretty cramps and so did his coworkers.

He actually had great sales numbers, and won some type of award. One day he came in 5 min late and the manager really chewed him out bad, he was upset because this one dude there was like multiple times a week so that was his last straw. He tried to sue but got nowhere lol

I have a cousin who worked at a bank of America branch

He was the only white person at the branch. They would constantly call him cracker and white boy and other names. The manager treated him pretty crappy and so did his coworkers.

He actually had great sales numbers, and won some type of award. One day he came in 5 min late and the manager really chewed him out bad, he was upset because this one dude there was like multiple times a week so that was his last straw. He tried to sue but got nowhere lol

Lol, troll attempt? I spelled crappy wrong and clicked quote instead of edit by accident but ok...

I'm just saying these lawsuits aren't that easy to win

Last edited:
If you are in California, you can sue for anything, even without a case. will it hold weight? Maybe maybe not. It's all up to how good your attorney is. I personally think you do.

In CALIFORNIA.

Mind you these large corporations have attorneys up the Waazoo to deal with these sort of things. Thinking about it now. You looking like you "might" be stealing had nothing to do with her discriminating against you for a job, am I correct? And also being a bigot isn't illegal. Maybe you are better off sending a letter to corporate, questioning the managers "integrity".

Last edited:

is this Macy's or another department store?

Wasn't there another round of interviews? usually phone interviews get you to the in person interview if selected
Nah. Walmart. It was actually supposed to be a panel interview with three people. I found it odd that it was just me and her on the phone asking me generic questions. Shortly afterwards I found out from the manager of the other store that she only interviewed me as a token because she has to interview at least 3 people but she already knew who she was giving the job to
This is the procedure so that companies can promote internally. It's not discrimination as far as I'm aware. 

lol good luck getting anything from walmart..

you'd probably get fired and banned from their great savings.

B7 does your cousin still have his job after he tried to sue?

No, he quit. This was a few years back, it sucks because he really liked the job

Yeah, I didn't think it was possible to sue and expect to still have a job afterwards. It'd be like trying to get an advance and thinking it'll still be gravy afterwards :lol: If anything, I'm sure it'd be very weird for everybody involved.

I didn't sue... but I did make a case, to the point the department created new PnP.

And my supervisor was suspended and forced on to another shift.

This is the procedure so that companies can promote internally. It's not discrimination as far as I'm aware. 

Yeah he's got it right. There is no panel interview for an APM... Your interview is typically with the mapm and they decide. They also have to interview up to three internal candidates depending on how many there is from within the company.

Back
Top Bottom