Have Jordans jumped the shark?

Adidas dropping some Flyknit Racers huh? :nerd:

What are these called? Thought they were the Ultra Boost Uncaged at first but they look to have some differences. Never seen them before they are nice! Wearing Ultra Boost 3.0 right now :pimp:

Adizero Prime

I am loving the 3.0's, fit is so much improved over the first two and I really do not see peoples problem with the upper, it's just plain and simple.

Adidas are putting out flyknit-esque kicks that are just as comfortable (arguably more comfortable) in dope designs/colors and they're easy to get for retail. I don't care if they copied Nikes flyknit or whatever. If the white and black flyknit trainers were still available for retail I'd just be re upping on those. Some of my favorite kicks ever. But the prices on eBay are insane.

My favorite release as of late were the Y-3 Ultraboost ZG but my pairs are now beat and again, I went to reup and prices skyrocketed.

View media item 2278877
So I've moved onto the Ultra Boost 3.0 now. These are all every day kicks for me. Just need a solid white or black minimal design with knit upper and good cushioning. Adidas has the better product offering for me right now and I have no brand loyalty to Nike. It's easy for me to see why Adidas is doing well.

Ordering the whites now as I'm rocking these :pimp:

View media item 2278878

Last edited:
bout to cop those core black 3.0s

the only nikes that compared to the comfort of UBs were lunar flyknit chukkas...RIP.

I find the Lunarepics (with the thicker insole option) to be just as comfortable but it really depends from person to person, boost could feel real spongy at times and that's not for everyone.

I like it when Nike utilizes the full zoom on their drop-in midsoles like in the old Lebrons or Kobe 11 ID options. I have one that I placed on my Metcon and it was like heaven on my feet and I prefer it's feeling over boost by a slight margin.

Last edited:
I find the Lunarepics (with the thicker insole option) to be just as comfortable but it really depends from person to person, boost could feel real spongy at times and that's not for everyone.

I like it when Nike utilizes the full zoom on their drop-in midsoles like in the old Lebrons or Kobe 11 ID options. I have one that I placed on my Metcon and it was like heaven on my feet and I prefer it's feeling over boost by a slight margin.

Yeah nothing beats full length zoom air insoles. Zoom air insoles were also big part of the appeal for the SB dunks back in the day although I don't think that was full length zoom you're referring to.

Last edited:
I was never big into SBs but I think those just have forefoot and heel zooms, not the full length.

The full length zoom on the drop-in midsoles are thick (thicker than the simple insole with full length zoom because this is a whole midsole) and the lunar rubber that encapsulates it just helps with the overall feel too.

View media item 2278893

the dunk sbs only had heel zoom

the full zoom was more so on lebrons and whatnot

are there any nike runners with full zoom?

Last edited:
Zoom All Out I guess but as that shoe would tell you, full zoom might not be the most stable when it comes to running. I do think it can be done but Nike certainly hasn't perfected it yet.

Pegasus 33 and Vomeros with a forefoot and heel zoom are pretty good for running

I am not sure how those Air Max 360s are for actual running.

yeah I just want a super lightweight shoe with full zoom

I don't even wanna run in em lol

but I do run from time to time, I think nike could do it for a running shoe but the zoom would prolly bottom out quick

I do hoop in full zoom shoes tho

Other nike skateboarding shoes had full zoom insoles. Still have the insoles from my old e-cues.

Adidas are putting out flyknit-esque kicks that are just as comfortable (arguably more comfortable) in dope designs/colors and they're easy to get for retail. I don't care if they copied Nikes flyknit or whatever. If the white and black flyknit trainers were still available for retail I'd just be re upping on those. Some of my favorite kicks ever. But the prices on eBay are insane.

My favorite release as of late were the Y-3 Ultraboost ZG but my pairs are now beat and again, I went to reup and prices skyrocketed.

View media item 2278877
So I've moved onto the Ultra Boost 3.0 now. These are all every day kicks for me. Just need a solid white or black minimal design with knit upper and good cushioning. Adidas has the better product offering for me right now and I have no brand loyalty to Nike. It's easy for me to see why Adidas is doing well.

Ordering the whites now as I'm rocking these :pimp:

View media item 2278878
Joints wack, but to each its own.

Wack as in a nice, comfy shoe. Still have my 1.0 black ubs. Wish they had continental soles though.

I still support Jordan's only if there retro/og joints in og colorways..but I haven't bought pair in 5 years wowww lol.. last pair of jordans i bought were the 2011 tb3's on opening day in 2011..my rotation of kicks currently consist of air maxes, dunks, timberlands,griffeys,Nike boots, and designer shoes..i have about 22 pairs of shoes total not including loafers, dress shoes, n shoes to ball in...imo that's more than enough..i havent bought a pair of shoes since June

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom