Having big feet and trying to find Jordans in your size Unappreciation

Originally Posted by Juice2352

I thought OP was going to start talking about how he wears sz 15 or somethin...12/13 really aren't hard to find at all.

Says the kid with 3 ds shoes in his sig under size 10.... I rarely see sigs advertising size 13 ds shoes.

I just really find it dumb that Jordan advertises itself as a basketball shoe yet they don't release an abundance of large shoes. I am usually ok withgetting my shoes on release day cause I have made freinds with a manager of a footlocker and I usually cop the night before but he always shows me his stockand he will have 1 13 and like 3-4 of every other pair lower than 12. I kinda feel bad for some other tall but by no means giant kid trying to buy the sameshoes the next day.

The ebay thing is alright but I feel like I shouldn't have to pay more for a shoe because it is limited in the number of my size released when I def fallinto the target demographic. Idk it just feels dumb to me, like I am an averge size bball player and its hard to find my size shoe, its not like im lookingfor a 13 sz horseracing boot because I am a giant oversized jockey.

And yea I feel bad for you guys rocking 14-16's, it just angers me when I'm trying to pick up TB IIIs on fleabay and seeing posters saying how they getthem for like 180-190 shipped and I religously search for a 12-13 and all I see are $230+ shipping buy it nows.

^^ might be because they're international, i think the bigger sizes are even more rare outside the USA. But like I said, sz 13 is the cut off, after thatthere is a HUGE drop off.

all half sizes after 12 are also way way underproduced. 13.5 is probably as rare as 16+, ive never seen or heard of a 14.5 or 15.5

I guess after 12 they figure you can round off to the nearest whole number.

mom and pop store just order less in that sz. a few store around my block order 2 to 4 in sz 13 but just got to footlocker they always got a 13

Originally Posted by veGAtts

all half sizes after 12 are also way way underproduced. 13.5 is probably as rare as 16+, ive never seen or heard of a 14.5 or 15.5

I have seen a 14.5 before, which would be perfect for me. I was told that after 12.5, the .5 sizes have to be ordered from Nike themselves. Never seen a 15.5.

(There is a couple pairs of size 14.5 fusions on eBay right now.
eyes.gif
)

yeah im a size 13....it can become difficult...especially buying from stores online

if you put in the research...you're bound to find a pair in your size

Seeing that the national average for men now is a size 13 you would think that they would produce more size 12+ but they don't. Having been in a size 15since 94 I can say that it is getting better you can actually walk into a store and get more options than a black or a white af1 and maybe a Reebok Classic, Ihad to order almost every pair of shoes that I got in high school. Until I got a job at Foot Action and was able to show them that they were missing out onmoney by not having sizes available for big footed costumers. Ebay used to be great for getting sizes but in the last few years it seems that nothing good hasbeen on there. Luckily sometimes the outlets will have some good deals. On the converse I feel bad for those dudes who are just a size 7/7.5 because they arenot only fighting other guys that size but kids and some women. Either end of the scale you go on it sucks. The thing that pisses me off the most is when JB orNike decides that a 14 is the biggest size they will produce I know that 2 IV's 2VII's The og DMP and some of the other packs were not made in a 15 orif they were you had to go through hell and high water to get them. Sometimes it's just not worth it at the end of the day it's just a pair of shoes. Icould also go on a rant about how the clothing industry is discriminating against those of us who are very tall as well but that's for another day

Jordan Brand is a joke when it comes to making bigger sizes available at release date. I can't count how many times I've been told by actual Jordanreps that certain shoes weren't made pass a 13 and that's 100% false. Jordan Brand should make all general and limited releases available up to 18 onthe release date just like the old days. Since Jordan Brand is so "reseller" friendly, I'm sure there will be no problem moving the big sizes. Iwork for an urban account and I've heard so much bull.... it's not even funny.

wear a 13 and have no prob finding 12-13's. even got a size 15 aj1 doernbecher last year with ease...

i feel what your sayign man, at one point i used to wear sz 13 (i used to weigh 250lbs), but then i lost weight and now im 180 and my foot shrank to 10.5-11hahaha...but my point was, it was a little hard to find 13's back then so i can imagine wat u go through

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by Outkassted

Seeing that the national average for men now is a size 13

There is NO way the national average is 13. Its definately between 10-11.
based on a survey of grown men its 11

my true size is 8.5 but my feet is a little wide. but if i bought a size 9, there would be a lot of room near the toes which makes it loose
ohwell.gif

my friend wears 14's and we recently went to the ES, and at each shoe they have like no 14's or like 1. so he had a much smaller selection than sayme(size 9.5) hahaaaa

Back
Top Bottom