HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

They were monitoring the MIB in this episode. The supervisor dude told the employee that he's allowed to do whatever he wants.

But why would they let him go rogue like that? Thats the only thing that bugs me. Ed Harris going around killing all other robots off (I assume off script) and the park runners dont do anything about it. Not to mention he could be dangerous to guests

Last edited:
They were monitoring the MIB in this episode. The supervisor dude told the employee that he's allowed to do whatever he wants.

But why would they let him go rogue like that? Thats the only thing that bugs me. Ed Harris going around killing all other robots off (I assume off script) and the park runners dont do anything about it. Not to mention he could be dangerous to guests
Yeah, plus what if he's messing with story lines for other customers. Like that didn't make any sense. You assume you'd be allowed to do stuff, but like you couldn't go to the brothel and kill every hooker. How would other guests get down then

Last edited:

It has been said before. Guests can do ANYTHING.

That's true, but they also made it pretty clear in Episode 2 that he's not a typical guest and gets preferential treatment. I got the sense not every guest would be allowed to go on the kind of killing spree the MIB is on. But rather than make me question the logic of his storyline, that makes me more interested to know who he is IRL. If he's been coming there fore 30 years and can do literally whatever he wants, he must be someone powerful with crazy long money. That said, I don't need to see him taking out whole villages or whatever in every episode because that's going to get old. Hopefully, we get a break from that in the next couple eps.

Yeah but it`s not like he`s harming guests, if he wanted to kill everybody he could.

I don`t get where the confusion lies.

No. Just no :lol:

there's something similar between those two, even if it's not a direct link there's something. They took the time to show The MIB picking up the can and giving it to Dolores & then in EP 2 William does the exact same thing, in a identical fashion. Also noticed while looking at the Wiki that MIB is known as just that (Has no name) & William also is given no last name. Every other character has a full name.

Also MIB states clearly that he was born in Westworld 30 years ago, william's Friend was harping on about seeing the "real" him and that change of attitude. When big changes go down in a person morales they usually refer to it as being born again.

Ed Harris is a guest? Wait so the scene in the first episode where somebody shot him like 6 times when he was dragging Dolores by her hair was a dream?
If so I guess I wasnt paying enough attention
I could be completely wrong, but I don't think the show has confirmed either way.

But if he is a guest, rounds from a hosts gun wouldn't hurt him.

I'm thinking he's a guest who's been coming for years, but a part of me also thinks that he could just be a host in disguise. Ford could have created him years ago, and is compelled by his actions so he could be passing him off as a 'VIP' guest just to see where his aspirations lead him in the game.

That was 100% off the top of the head right now, though.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I am loving the show....I was on set over the summer and met some of the cast. My brother plays a small role in the show, in Episodes 1 (black dude who is the sheriff's deputy and gets blasted talking to the guy on the horse) 3, and 4..

I think the show has so many directions it can go. The non-binge factor actually makes this show better for me, and if they want it to last multiple seasons, they shouldn't rush it. I think they will need to dive into different storylines and people and probably not provide answers at the end of every episode to please the microwave generation of watchers who need something instantly.

Yeah but it`s not like he`s harming guests, if he wanted to kill everybody he could.

I don`t get where the confusion lies.
Hosts don't respawn within same day. They get clean/repair/patched up overnight. Dude just took out most of a Mexican village. If you were a guest paying for the experience of the Wild West, how would u feel if an entire village is dead and all u can do is walk through an empty town full of dead bodies.

Hosts don't respawn within same day. They get clean/repair/patched up overnight. Dude just took out most of a Mexican village. If you were a guest paying for the experience of the Wild West, how would u feel if an entire village is dead and all u can do is walk through an empty town full of dead bodies.

It's not about how you would feel, it's about what he can do.

He's obviously a VIP but everything he's doing is all within the rules set in the world.

He's creating chaos but only a little sample size that shouldnt affect the other guests.

He killed Marsden, he scalped someone, he killed a band of riders and a gang. That's it.

If you're not supposed/allowed to do that, then that's freakin corny. Some of you guys

are too protective of the ******. LMAO

No one being overprotective of anything. You said if he wanted to kill everyone, he could.

Ok now that we've established the Ed Harris character is a guest, how long do yall think he's been in Westworld? Since they opened and he cant find a way out? Hence the scalping for the map I guess.
Did they say when the park was opened?

And you could. Given everything we know, why not?

I'm just trying to drive my point that what he's doing currently is not enough to get him flagged, he kills maybe 10 people per day.

Maybe less.

People I think just FEEL like he's doing more than what he actually does.

Ok now that we've established the Ed Harris character is a guest, how long do yall think he's been in Westworld? Since they opened and he cant find a way out? Hence the scalping for the map I guess.

I think it's been stated that you can only stay continuously for about a month and you have to decompress outside.

im still not convinced harris is a guest. i think he believes he is a guest.

Have the terms and conditions of the park been mentioned here?
Delos, Inc. controls the rights to and remains the sole owner of, in perpetuity: all skin cells, bodily fluids, secretions, excretions, hair samples, saliva, sweat, blood, and any other bodily functions not listed here. Delos, Inc. reserves the right to use this property in any way, shape, or form in which the entity sees fit.
Now, considering what they're dealing with here, I can't help but think some sort of cloning will come into play.
Just a theory, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone if I'm right.

Last edited:
And you could. Given everything we know, why not?

I'm just trying to drive my point that what he's doing currently is not enough to get him flagged, he kills maybe 10 people per day.

Maybe less.

People I think just FEEL like he's doing more than what he actually does.

Also, it seems like the park has the capacity to adjust stories to on-the-fly when stuff happens. They have enough bots that they can basically sub one in if another one gets killed. Or they can send out some other bots to try and take the story in a new direction. Like how they changed Dolores father, and pulled out Maeve when everyone kept turning her down. For all we know, there could be a whole second crop of Hispanic villagers they can immediately roll out as they clean up and fix the ones MIB killed.

Ed Harris is a guest? Wait so the scene in the first episode where somebody shot him like 6 times when he was dragging Dolores by her hair was a dream?
If so I guess I wasnt paying enough attention
Yeah Harris is a guest. At least that's what the show is conveying so far. That scene wasn't a dream. Guests can get "shot" by hosts, but they can't be hurt by the bullets. That's why they were "poofing" when they hit Harris. But hosts can hurt other hosts, and guests can hurt hosts obviously.

He said that he's been coming to West World for 30 years, not that he's been there the whole time :lol:. I think the most you can stay for is 30 days. He's doing all of this wild stuff now because he's either bored of the sex and killing that you would normally do there, or because he thinks there are some secrets that the creators of West World have hidden.

Last edited:
Posted previous page:

Just chatting with the bot, 28 days max you can stay in WW then youre required to stay at the Mesa Gold for a week to decompress. They call it the worlds finest decompression chamber.

Yeah white hat represents values/morals and black hat strips all that revealing who you really are says the bot. The bot says hat color choice represents your way of life in WW. Remember the friend saying to him i want to meet "that guy" that will show itself after experiencing WW.

And then i kept typing in supervisor and this popped up:
View media item 2194769
Now we know what delores dad completely whispered to her.

either that scalped maze map is part of a storyline like an easter egg for the veteran players of WW or it's something that should raise suspicion. And if Ford/Bernard are the only creators, theyre the only ones that could have imprinted that map secretly under the scalp. Aye imagine if that map leads to the basement storage room of the decomissioned where MiB has to set them free :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom