HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

^^^ MIB also said at the end of ep to that he's not leaving Westworld this time. So he apparently thinks that maze is going to unlock some secret that's going to allow him to become a permanent resident. Or he's planning to die there.

^^^ MIB also said at the end of ep to that he's not leaving Westworld this time. So he apparently thinks that maze is going to unlock some secret that's going to allow him to become a permanent resident. Or he's planning to die there.
I'm thinking he's hunting for a way to become a permanent guest and live forever. Be a God amongst men/androids.

And you could. Given everything we know, why not?

I'm just trying to drive my point that what he's doing currently is not enough to get him flagged, he kills maybe 10 people per day.

Maybe less.

People I think just FEEL like he's doing more than what he actually does.

Also, it seems like the park has the capacity to adjust stories to on-the-fly when stuff happens. They have enough bots that they can basically sub one in if another one gets killed. Or they can send out some other bots to try and take the story in a new direction. Like how they changed Dolores father, and pulled out Maeve when everyone kept turning her down. For all we know, there could be a whole second crop of Hispanic villagers they can immediately roll out as they clean up and fix the ones MIB killed.
I'm not sure if they can do that in real time since the douche story writer was trying to have 200 or so recalled so that he can add 200 new hosts for his storyline. Seems like there is a limit on active hosts to limit costs. The sub of Delores father was a 1 for 1, overnight switch.

I do see the uncertainty of who's a hosts and who's a guest being a theme. We all prob thought marsden was a guest initially, as well as that kid Hopkins had a conversation with. "If you can't tell, does it matter?"

The point is, the MIB hasn't done anything outside of the rule book.

He's only killed a group of people.

You're technically allowed to do virtually anything.

This is why I tend to stay out of TV show discussions online

People are so eager to figure out the twists and turns of a story before the show tells us

I've heard that theory a few times from a few different sources. I don't think it's that crazy. There were small hints like the logo and the focus they put on him choosing the white hat.

I think some of the hosts are offering different quests, too.

That storyline reminds me a lot of the movie. I want to believe that there will be a connection to the movie because of the references to a failure in the park about 30 years ago (movie was supposed to take place in the near distant future and it was released in 1973).

Last edited:
McPoyle isn't the MIB. They're probably going to be used as contrasting characters showing the naive, goodhearted hero vs the jaded, selfish, violent villain. The scenes with Dolores, imo, are to set up their story arcs.

White vs black, a la Lost but hopefully not as convoluted.

I loved Lost because generally when I watch a show, especially a show like lost that just banks on cliffhangers and confusion, I just enjoy the ride. And the ride was amazing. The fact that it ended in a giant car crash I can almost ignore.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I felt like Lost ended up doing too much cause it was trying to live up to expectation of the first season. Subsequent seasons after that felt like they inserted twists just to have it there and ended up painting themselves in a corner.

Have the terms and conditions of the park been mentioned here?
Delos, Inc. controls the rights to and remains the sole owner of, in perpetuity: all skin cells, bodily fluids, secretions, excretions, hair samples, saliva, sweat, blood, and any other bodily functions not listed here. Delos, Inc. reserves the right to use this property in any way, shape, or form in which the entity sees fit.
Now, considering what they're dealing with here, I can't help but think some sort of cloning will come into play.
Just a theory, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone if I'm right.
eek.gif

Some stills and a brief synopsis of episode 3.

Elsie (Shannon Woodward) and Stubbs (Luke Hemsworth) head into the hills in pursuit of a missing host. Teddy (James Marsden) gets a new backstory, which sets him off in pursuit of a new villain, leaving Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) alone in Sweetwater. Bernard (Jeffrey Wright) investigates the origins of madness and hallucinations within the hosts. William (Jimmi Simpson) finds an attraction he’d like to pursue and drags Logan (Ben Barnes) along for the ride.

Last edited:
Show seems cool but really hard to follow..I'm gonna binge watch when the seasons over..watch it all at once

I loved Lost because generally when I watch a show, especially a show like lost that just banks on cliffhangers and confusion, I just enjoy the ride. And the ride was amazing. The fact that it ended in a giant car crash I can almost ignore.:lol:  

That's a great perspective. Wish I could feel that way, but I can't. The ending of Lost just made feel like most of the time I spent watching the show was wasted.

We still have all the seasons on DVD. My wife re-watched it all a couple years ago. Every time I would walk in while she was watching, I'd stand there for like five minutes and think, "oh, that's another plotline that ultimately went nowhere." :smh:

All that said, in terms of how much I enjoyed watching it while it was airing, Lost is definitely Top 5 for me. But the ending has forever tainted it for me and I will never re-watch the series.

I loved Lost because generally when I watch a show, especially a show like lost that just banks on cliffhangers and confusion, I just enjoy the ride. And the ride was amazing. The fact that it ended in a giant car crash I can almost ignore.
laugh.gif

That's a great perspective. Wish I could feel that way, but I can't. The ending of Lost just made feel like most of the time I spent watching the show was wasted.

We still have all the seasons on DVD. My wife re-watched it all a couple years ago. Every time I would walk in while she was watching, I'd stand there for like five minutes and think, "oh, that's another plotline that ultimately went nowhere."
mean.gif

All that said, in terms of how much I enjoyed watching it while it was airing, Lost is definitely Top 5 for me. But the ending has forever tainted it for me and I will never re-watch the series.
Yeah, I'd never go back and rewatch because I'll know that none of these lose ends will ever be tied. In hindsight, yeah it was very disappointing. If I went back to watch with the knowledge that I have now, I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much. So yeah, in the moment it was awesome because I was theorizing on what would happen. But once you know that theorizing is pointless it kind of ruins the show.

I think you just convinced me to hate Lost.
laugh.gif

Finally getting to watch episode 2.. how did dude pass up on them yambs at the beginning?!?!

Back
Top Bottom