HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

Jessa and Adam in Jay Z's new video

lena dunham's mother is in there as well. she's the old dark-haired chick in the beginning. laurie simmons is her name... she's a horrible 'photographer/artist'.... she also was the art gallery chick that didn't hire marnie for the front desk.

the Picasso Baby vid is on HBOGO, so im assuming that's why all those HBO folks were there.

i just ran thru the season in the past couple days. man... it was really bad.

the first season was clever enough to compensate for the illogical plot-lines, but this season was just idiotic. 2-3 of the episodes didnt have anything to do with anything... and that's like a 1/3 of the season.

this season i just kept rolling my eyes and waiting for something to make sense. in a way, that stupid finale almost fit the season perfect. it didnt make sense, but it made perfect sense. like... 'OF COURSE that's how you end this shlt.'

when S3 drops, im assuming all of the happy endings from the S2 finale are either in the past or crumble quickly. that's the only way they can make S2 seem like it wasnt a complete waste of time. im speaking from the characters perspective. any growth or progress they made during the 2 seasons was thrown out the window in the finale... and they were right back where they started in S1.

just from the rumblings/interviews ive heard recently... im not sure S3 will be any less random.

a lot of people like to compare HTMIIA to Girls, but i think that's unfair. How to Make It was essentially a 'young' and 'hip' show to replace the void left by Entourage. it knew what it was and didnt try to be more than that. that's why i liked it. some lulz, decent acting and great overall production value. it was just a 'pretty good' show to watch after football on sunday. like entourage was.

Girls pretends to be so much more than the time-kill that it is, and gets credit for taking certain 'creative' risks... no matter how poor the payoffs are. i feel like the show gets so much slack because of who is behind it (young female in male dominated world). if it was judged off its merits.... i dont know where we'd be.

that said, it's getting the True Blood treatment. i'll give S3 a shot to redeem itself or confirm that it's not for me....

Last edited:

I have a question for brothers...srs what the **** are y'all doing watching this?
It's like watching National Geographic or Discovery Channel, opens up a world I wouldn't have any insight into otherwise. 
laugh.gif

Honestly I forgot about this show. I feel like 80% of the two seasons have been pretty forgettable especially most of last season. 

the first season was clever enough to compensate for the illogical plot-lines, but this season was just idiotic. 2-3 of the episodes didnt have anything to do with anything... and that's like a 1/3 of the season.

When I say forgettable, I really mean forgettable. This right here precisely sums up what I do remember about season 2. They were maybe three or four redeeming episodes everything else was a struggle. 

Last edited:
Last seasons was buns after season 1 was very entertaining. I'll be watching tonight, but I'm not expecting much.

Haven't heard many good things about the tonight's season premiere.

I'll watch. I so badly want this show to be good.
Season 1 was money.

Jessa :wow: :rofl:

and I knew I would see Hannah naked...ugggghh :x

Last edited:
What's the deal with Charlie? He just "Dumped" Marnie? I know the actor fell out, but is that what their doing?

And yeah Jessa 
roll.gif
. I saw it coming for some reason. 

Caught a few episodes of this tonight

Never seen it before but I was entertained

Will watch Season 1 soon

What's the deal with Charlie? He just "Dumped" Marnie? I know the actor fell out, but is that what their doing?

And yeah Jessa :rofl: . I saw it coming for some reason. 

yea it seems like the just wrote charlie out...could have just replaced him....but the actor dropped because he didnt like the direction his character was going....

Jessa, Shosh and the guys are the only reason this show is watchable....i feel nothing for the Whale and Marni with her white girl 1st world problems storyline...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom