HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

So I see the feelings about this show have turned around since the 1st page.
I need to check out the first few episodes and see how it is.

randomly decided to watch this show after seeing the billboards all throughout the city today and i'm so glad i did...pretty cool show...episode today was great...
laugh.gif
 @ her only having 5 people in her phone

roll.gif
 @ the whole "she's moving to California to dance" scene and "you are from NY, therefore you are just naturally interesting."

embarassed.gif
 @ all the "regular" people nudity

That dance number at the memorial was horrifying and hysterical.

The father's Woody Allen impression then saying "it's from from On the Waterfront"
roll.gif

The pharmacist telling her not to stick a finger in his !$+
laugh.gif

Adam is such an awesome character.. "A crackhead outside.. one time we had a conversation about cashews that lasted 30 minutes"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It was probably the funniest episode of the series.. plus Adam continues to be the best character on the show with a surprising amount of depth and honesty. He was completely right that Hannah is just as selfish towards him and never seems to care about his life.

Shoshana smoking crack was pretty absurd, but it was hilarious anyway. When she beat up the guy and his responses "You're ridiculously strong, like inexplicably, mutant strong"
laugh.gif

Marnie got called out on her craziness and her insult to the gay guy "I don't know whose D you had to suck because your voice sounds like a bag of dying babies", then he gave her like a karate chop to the face
roll.gif

Jessa still kind of sucks. I get her character is supposed to be this "worldly and wise" woman who is totally full of crap, but I usually don't care about her stories. Although her random insults to those guys was pretty great "It means I don't think you're cool and I think your mother was poor"
laugh.gif
so blunt and simple

Just watched all 7 episodes. And this show is surprisingly good. The premise, the characters, story lines are good. Im sure we can relate to most of the material. Like the first episode withthe HPV to the homegirl being all hurt because her man moved on within 2 weeks. Doesn't only deal with just feminine type drama. Good stuff, if you haven't sat down to watch it, I suggest you do.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It was probably the funniest episode of the series.. plus Adam continues to be the best character on the show with a surprising amount of depth and honesty. He was completely right that Hannah is just as selfish towards him and never seems to care about his life.

Shoshana smoking crack was pretty absurd, but it was hilarious anyway. When she beat up the guy and his responses "You're ridiculously strong, like inexplicably, mutant strong"
laugh.gif

Marnie got called out on her craziness and her insult to the gay guy "I don't know whose D you had to suck because your voice sounds like a bag of dying babies", then he gave her like a karate chop to the face
roll.gif

Jessa still kind of sucks. I get her character is supposed to be this "worldly and wise" woman who is totally full of crap, but I usually don't care about her stories. Although her random insults to those guys was pretty great "It means I don't think you're cool and I think your mother was poor"
laugh.gif
so blunt and simple
These had me
laugh.gif
but yeah Jess is
eyes.gif

Really? I'm the only one thats feeling Jessa? Maybe its because a lot of her personality reminds me of myself 
laugh.gif

She's pretty drifty, goes with her own flow, speaks her mind, has a slightly twisted sense of humor. She's cool in my book. She could lose a few pounds but I think I'd save her anyway.

Shoshanna 
laugh.gif

Marnie 
pimp.gif

Hannah: I think her character is actually very cool. The personality behind her is great. Reminds me of one of my closest friends back in the day.

Shoshanna asking if he wants her to massage his groin in a "non sexual way" 
laugh.gif

god shes adorable

Adam is one of my favorite characters on tv right now

Adams Monologue
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That dudes rant in his apartment
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As soon as I saw Jessa complimenting Marnie so much I knew that was going to go down in the episode and it was
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Where was Shoshanna?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I'm watching the first 4 episodes like it so far.

i like Hannah's character but she's
sick.gif
 and Adam saying funny stuff during/after sex doing it on her tat 
laugh.gif

Marnie and Shoshanna
devil.gif

I don't like Jessa's character she annoys me.

Back
Top Bottom