HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

I am actually fascinated with the subculture of kids who are obsessed with mediocre things because they think it makes them appear cool.

For the record, I'm half jewish. Not that it makes a difference, These girls are dogs and not talented but because they're connected they have a show on HBO and are suddenly critically acclaimed.
Thats the whole point. The ppl that they are portraying: hipsters, yuppies, trust fund babies are exactly like that: boring, shallow, talentless but bcz they're connected and their parents are loaded get to live it up.
Dont kno if ur from nyc but i can tell you this show is On point. I'd say 80% accurate. I feel like i kno one prson for each character on the show.
Lmao @ That bushwick episode. Went to party jus like that in the summer. Morgan or Montrose ave all those warehouses having parties and shows at the same time on the same block

Last edited:
Thats the whole point. The ppl that they are portraying: hipsters, yuppies, trust fund babies are exactly like that: boring, shallow, talentless but bcz they're connected and their parents are loaded get to live it up.
Dont kno if ur from nyc but i can tell you this show is On point. I'd say 80% accurate. I feel like i kno one prson for each character on the show.
Lmao @ That bushwick episode. Went to party jus like that in the summer. Morgan or Montrose ave all those warehouses having parties and shows at the same time on the same block
Haha yep. The humor of Girls is completely going over most ppl's heads. You don't even have to be from NYC to pick up on this. 

When Dunham and co. call out the characters on their BS, is when the show can really click. Hannah not knowing about the Glass-Steagall Act and associating Republicanism with only being anti-gay marriage and believing in gun ownership were good moments. And the fight with Donald Glover was basically a meta-commentary on Girls  when he said "there wasn't anything going on" in Hannah's essay, which many cite as the main issue with the show. 

Then we had her idiotic comments about "not seeing divisions" or caring that her boyfriend was black, and I like the way they approached it... but I hope that's not the end of it. Certainly a good start, but if Glover's gone and that's it then I'm disappointed. It could have gone a lot further and should have, but we'll see what happens.

Not enough Shoshanna.
this was great. all of it. again, seems like most ppl (who are put off by the show) won't pick up on it. ppl don't realize Lena and the writers are in on the joke. 

I hope Glover returns as well, he kinda came out of nowhere. I thought the season has been kinda sloppy about giving some life to new/failed relationships. 

I am actually fascinated with the subculture of kids who are obsessed with mediocre things because they think it makes them appear cool.

For the record, I'm half jewish. Not that it makes a difference, These girls are dogs and not talented but because they're connected they have a show on HBO and are suddenly critically acclaimed.
Ironically, I think that the hate for this show (which is much deserved) is what keeps this show going. 

It's accurate but its audience is very limited judging by its ratings. The writing is also ******g awful. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Haha yep. The humor of Girls is completely going over most ppl's heads. You don't even have to be from NYC to pick up on this. 
Natives won't find it funny for the most part. Just mildly annoying. I gave the show a few episodes but it's stale to me. 

Finally watched...the episodes after the pilot...some funny scenes but overall weak to me...can't believe it got renewed for a 3rd season already.

Good for you that enjoy this show.

Marnie catching bodies every other episode now :nerd: :lol: ...Why is her butt so damn flat...sagging in booty shorts :smh:

Hannah not to me out done letting the junkie smash

I need more Jessa :evil:

Last edited:
I loved season 1, but I'm very disappointed with the first 3 episodes of season 2.

I just don't like the direction the show is going. Season 1 had some good/interesting storylines with Hannah's problems with her parents and the randomness of her relationship with Adam, Jessa's home wrecking, and Shoshanna's virginism haha among other things too. It just provided quality content by the situations characters were put in with some well placed situational humor.

However, with season 2, the topics of the storylines haven't been very appealing to me. The way Hannah's new relationship ended over the dude being a republican was disgusting. I hate how this whole third episode was just a huge setup to break the news to Hannah that Marnie hooked up with the gay guy.

With all that being said, I'll still be watching cause I don't have anything else better to do on a Sunday night, but my patience is slipping lol

That gay guy is pretty funny, I forgot his name though. His reaction when Hannah told him that she hated him was priceless.

Last edited:
Yeah I always thought he was a good character but since she's about to kick him out...he might be done.

Probably best episode of the season. Less Hannah and until the end...no Hannah nudity. :smh:

I agree. Best episode of the season so far. And :pimp: for more Shoshanna, :smh: at her tittays still not making an appearance.

That would make it the last episode since Episode 4 doesn't air until Feb 2nd.

Ok I thought I was trippin last night when I watched Ep 3 and 4...I was like, "I missed 2 episodes? this show been back for a full month now!??" EP 4 is on Comcast Demand as well, at least the Xbox 360 version

Makes a lot of sense now...

I like this show just enough to keep watching every week. Glad Jessa hasn't been on very much, as her character annoys the hell outof me. Need more Shoshana.
Dislike no Marnie and Shoshana skin.

The coke episode was the best one of the season and it just might be my favorite episode yet, although I really liked the episode in season 1 where she went back to her parents house.

The gay guy is my favorite part of this season, but I can't stand him on that new normal show.

This was a better episode than the previous one a bunch of randomness things going on. Elijah seems like a cool guy likable like Adam. They are never going to show Marnie naked :frown:

Back
Top Bottom