HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Y’all tripping. How many still smashing exes and baby mamas

Not to pry, but how long you been married?

How long were you committed before the marriage?

You don’t seem to be the type that was out singling around. Just my speculations.

And it is possible for them to have grown apart, but that hasn't been shown and we wont see it. From the first episode till now, they have been and are still in love with each other.
While realistic it was really horrible how Issa broke things off with Lawrence officially.

Relationships like that need closure but obviously they didn't do that in order to have some rekindling.

Lawrence getting hit with "he didn't fight for it" did hit me cuz that aint nothing but the truth and it be like that sometimes when the relationship is strained and its easier to just break up instead of work through it.

lemme preface this with i've been a fan of this series since the youtube days with "diary of an awkward black girl." i loved seeing this woman's work (no maxwell) go from a web series she developed to hbo, & her taking her friends & people she worked on the series with, that's one of the dopest things. but watching tonight's episode with only 1 left i'm starting to realize something, & perhaps i'm just looking tooooo deeply into it but here goes.

perhaps the show is less about her relationships with others, & more about her relationship with herself & we’ve all negated paying attention to her growth & transition into who she is. maybe it’s not about how issa looks through the lens of the male gaze of her suitors, & their patriarchal, egotistical willingness to fight each other. but about who she became, the path & people who helped her get to where she is now, & how she’s no longer “insecure” so in the end it doesn't matter if she's left with just herself, simply because that's who it's been about all along.
I said this in so many words to my wife & her girls & got attacked :smh:

Shes going to end the show single & it’ll be a beautiful thing because she’s completely comfortable with herself & where she’s at in life

I said this in so many words to my wife & her girls & got attacked :smh:

Shes going to end the show single & it’ll be a beautiful thing because she’s completely comfortable with herself & where she’s at in life
I mean that theory would be nice and all but in what ways ha she grown?

I mean that theory would be nice and all but in what ways ha she grown?

have you watched the show, she went from working a dead end job, where her growth was stifled, she wasn't assertive at all, very passive. she's now a successful business woman, working within her passion, and is way more outgoing & goes for what she wants now. she used to worry about the feelings of others, now she doesn't & not in a negative way, but in a "this is what occurs when i put me first" type of mentality.

have you watched the show, she went from working a dead end job, where her growth was stifled, she wasn't assertive at all, very passive. she's now a successful business woman, working within her passion, and is way more outgoing & goes for what she wants now. she used to worry about the feelings of others, now she doesn't & not in a negative way, but in a "this is what occurs when i put me first" type of mentality.

Just in her career. More responsible, more motivated, more assertive. Still insecure but most ppl are.

Relationship wise? :lol:
That’s cool and all but not acceptable where it is shown that she reaches the height of her career success off screen due to a flash forward in the story and topped it off with this Crenshawn storyline that nobody cares about. This season hasn’t been done well and Molly has had the better story arc of the two within the last season. She’s had growth.

That’s cool and all but not acceptable where it is shown that she reaches the height of her career success off screen due to a flash forward in the story and topped it off with this Crenshawn storyline that nobody cares about. This season hasn’t been done well and Molly has had the better story arc of the two within the last season. She’s had growth.
Those weren't flashforwards. Issa had two in the future fantasies about how her life would be based on two decisions; partnering with that company or teaming up with Crenshawn.

Neither will happen. They were all her imagination.

Those weren't flashforwards. Issa had two in the future fantasies about how her life would be based on two decisions; partnering with that company or teaming up with Crenshawn.

Neither will happen. They were all her imagination.
I mean the one year skip in time that happened in the second episode.

I mean the one year skip in time that happened in the second episode.
Oh ok.

Well I wouldn't say Issa has reached the height of her career success wise after the one year time skip.

She still thinks she can go higher.

i'm not talking about the flashback, i'm referring to her dead end job at "we got ya'll" to her finding her way to her own business, she's shifted her focus & found her passion & has been pretty good at it. she's hosted several amazing events that people have given her credit for & now has a partnership to do more. that's a whole lot different than where she started... molly's growth has been more of a personal level, she changed firms a long time ago, but she's always been the go-getter in that way, but personally her life wasn't the best. she was always projecting from a place of hurt, getting in her own way & not giving herself grace. she's changed immensely & we see her reaping the benefits from her growth also. both can be & are true, they've both grown...

one example of her growth would be shown in the start of this season, old issa would have never told lawrence no, & she couldn't carry on in a relationship. old issa was settling, & another truth is, lawrence wasn't doing enough at first, in the early stages, we've seen him grow also. but just think about that scene at the beginning of this season juxtaposed with the issa we knew, first season.... in the words of kelly, you know what that's called... "grooooowwwth"

:rofl: :rofl: @ Kelli

Oh I see they doing all types of mini time skips inbetween scenes.

From Molly bday to Issa bday.

Crazy she been separated from Nathan off that little fight.

Mirror Issa a ***** :rofl:

I already see what they doing with Molly and Lawrence. Romcoms do this all the time.

Taureen reminding me of Gil for all my #MAFS ppl :lol: Ain't just the bald head either.

Last edited:
Multiple time skips
1640576041720.png

Back
Top Bottom