Heads up Thundercats remake on right now.

im checking it out. looks ok so far. I see they are using the OG voice for the the older cat

Originally Posted by minus28

im checking it out. looks ok so far. I see they are using the OG voice for the the older cat

Yeah the King is voiced by the same dude who voiced Lion O back in the day.

I dont mind the new Thundercats but new lion-o (Eric from boy meets world) will never match the Original Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats!

I liked it a lot. Including the changes they made. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Did anyone else catch the cameo from Lynx-O
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I liked it a lot. Including the changes they made. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

nerd.gif

late pass but what was the changes they made?

I don't think they're gonna leave thundera for a new world, so lion-o is probably just gonna be a child instead of a man-child just like everything else twilightized ie Dante. And him and tigra were brothers this whole time?  It was cool though, it has an avatar feel to it.  And reading the wiki, thundercats was way more in depth than i could even understand as a kid.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I don't think they're gonna leave thundera for a new world, so lion-o is probably just gonna be a child instead of a man-child just like everything else twilightized ie Dante. And him and tigra were brothers this whole time?
Tigr-o is his adopted brother.

The premiere was pretty damn good. All the old heads on Twitter were talking about how they ruined the Thundercats. The show wasn't that great and it was more absurd than the current reboot.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

nerd.gif

Tigra and Lion-O are brothers, Snarf can't talk, they encounter Mumm-Ra on Thundara, and I'm sure there's a few more.

Furrell, how do you know he's adopted? I assumed they were half-brothers. If you look closely you can see that the animators gave them similar facial features.

nerd.gif

Tigra and Lion-O are brothers, Snarf can't talk, they encounter Mumm-Ra on Thundara, and I'm sure there's a few more.

Furrell, how do you know he's adopted? I assumed they were half-brothers. If you look closely you can see that the animators gave them similar facial features.
via Wiki:

In the 2011 series, the character is the adopted older brother of Lion-O.
They'll probably go into it in future episodes.

The animation was pretty dope.

Dont know how i feel about them introducing Grune before (the real) Panthro but given the story it worked.

I liked it for the most part.

might be the best 80's remake I've watched so far (didn't watch TMNT 2003).  the Voltron one isn't too bad either, IMO

my son came and asked a 20 minute interview about the OG thundercats after he caught it-I was a bit underinformed for him but hes very retro minded (like his dad)

As an OG thundercat head i was ok with the re-boot. I liked seeing the aspect of them being barbaric/cold hearted rather then the do gooders all the time. I dont know if I like how they are re-introducing the characters. But only time will tell, overall though it was a good show 

nerd.gif

Hes adopted because i remember in the part where they are eating , i forgot who says something bout lion o being the next in line for the throne since its by blood and that its a shame Tigra isnt next in line because of that.

To be honest I dont remember the OG thundercats too tough..my memory is horrible. But from what i remember im liking the reboot its about time this younger generation get to experience some of the TV magic we had growing up in the late 80s early 90's

Back
Top Bottom