Health Vegetarian diet 'raises risk of heart disease and cancer

I have been about 80% vegan and whole food and 20% everything else and I must say, my health has improved a great deal. Other people, smarter people, can discuss the ethics of killing animals. I avoid factory farming for ethical reasons and for health reasons. I raise my own eggs and buy milk and meat from other farmers along the Central Coast of California (sometimes called Vermont with Palm Trees). I know that that is not practical for some but I am using my own body as a testing site for a very unscientific study.

I force myself to get animal protein and fat from the sea, from my neighbors' herds, from hunting or from my own chicken coops. When legumes and grains and fruits and vegetables are the mainstay of my diet, I have lost a lot of weight. It is like a fountain of youth. I have much more energy and with my wedding looming, I am glad to be yet more and more hardened with each passing day. I know that my diet is not feasible for a lot of people but if you can limit yourself to relatively good animal products but otherwise eat up plants, you will like the results.

I wanna eat better but idk where to start, it really does seem like everything is bad for you...Even the "healthy" stuff

I wanna eat better but idk where to start, it really does seem like everything is bad for you...Even the "healthy" stuff
dark green veggies with every meal. fruit and oatmeal in the morning. worry about non gmo and organics after you get in the habit of consistently eating natural food that the sun gives life to. most things that come packaged or processed are bad. its not that hard to avoid. 

COMBO BREAKERRRRRRR

Boom.

But with the logic of "we're all going to die any way - eat whatever you want" , you'll drop dead by 46 like phife or spend your last 10-20 years in pain and unfunctional and doped up on meds.

Highly recommend that people visit a skilled nursing facility and see the results of treating your body like ****. Its frightening.

Boom.

But with the logic of "we're all going to die any way - eat whatever you want" , you'll drop dead by 46 like phife or spend your last 10-20 years in pain and unfunctional and doped up on meds.

Highly recommend that people visit a skilled nursing facility and see the results of treating your body like ****. Its frightening.

Exactly. It's easy to say you don't care when you're young and you feel invincible. You'll be full of regret on your death bed.

I feel like exercise and moderation maybe be more important than diet.

I feel like exercise and moderation maybe be more important than diet.

Exercise is definitely important, as well as managing your stress levels, but there are major studies that show vegans who live a sedentary lifestyle are still less likely to die from heart disease than an active person that consumes animal products.

Exactly. It's easy to say you don't care when you're young and you feel invincible. You'll be full of regret on your death bed.

That's even if you have the cognitive capabilities to feel regret. Dementia hits hard and a lot of the people whom followed a standard american diet. Going to be hard to regret anything if you have zero recollection of any of your life choices that got you where you are.

I definitely eat what I want, but I have cut back on my red meat consumption. Some days I just drink veggie smoothies, everything in moderation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every day i eat animals.

Last checkup doc said i was too healthy and i need to eat some junk food.

I'd recommend starting by adjusting the portions of your meals, more vegetables and less fried food and red meat.

Last edited:
My GF has been a vegan for 3 years, all her levels are very high and the doctors tell her she is very healthy. As mentioned, the only deficiency is B-12, which can be taken as a supplement. Many people will argue about protein, but an ounce of Kale has more than an ounce of steak. I've lowered my meat consumption as well, and feel way better. The human digestive system isn't meant to break down meats.

Is anyone aware of the China Study? If not I suggest reading it, it has proven scientific evidence that suggests a plant based diet is the way to go. This is one of the biggest studies based on 20+years of research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study

You sure about that? A 4oz lean steak is 24g of protein 6g of fat for 150 total calories.

My GF has been a vegan for 3 years, all her levels are very high and the doctors tell her she is very healthy. As mentioned, the only deficiency is B-12, which can be taken as a supplement. Many people will argue about protein, but an ounce of Kale has more than an ounce of steak. I've lowered my meat consumption as well, and feel way better. The human digestive system isn't meant to break down meats.

Is anyone aware of the China Study? If not I suggest reading it, it has proven scientific evidence that suggests a plant based diet is the way to go. This is one of the biggest studies based on 20+years of research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study

B12 and also carnatine

I'm gonna be on that Mediterranean type meal plan probably for the rest of my life . Salmon twice a week no other meats except for probably Thanksgiving and Christmas and the occasional chicken wings on cheat day.

I have way more energy meat free it's crazy

Last edited:
Yea 4oz of Kale is 57 calories, only 3.7g of protein. So no, not more protein than a steak

Every day i eat animals.

Last checkup doc said i was too healthy and i need to eat some junk food.
You go to Dr. Nick Riviera?
View media item 1974373
Been pretty much plant based since January. I went shopping today and picked these up for a dinner either tonight or tomorrow. There's 164 grams of protein between the black been noodles and seitan. I haven't really missed meat that much either.
How's that taste? I'm intrigued.

You get non meat protein from quinoa, beans, lentils, soy etc.

and you can still supplement whey or soy protein powder.

Back
Top Bottom