HELP: Computer making sounds....

I tried Googling my problem, but wasn't very successful with the outcomes.
I was wondering if any of you knew what the problem is or could help your boy out.

My computer is constantly making a sound. There seems to be no pattern to it. They just randomly occur and it's starting to get on my nerves.

It's the same sound it makes when you connect a usb or flash drive to it, but the thing is..... I don't have anything connected to it.

eyes.gif

Find your fan and blow into it. Seriously. Find the vent and blow into it. It will sound as if your fan has stopped, but it will start back up. It's justdust in your system.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Find your fan and blow into it. Seriously. Find the vent and blow into it. It will sound as if your fan has stopped, but it will start back up. It's just dust in your system.
You serious? He's saying its making the sound it makes when you plug something into a USB port, but he's not connecting anything in it,and its still making the noise... Has nothing to do with the fans or cooling system.

when i first copped Adium, that growl thing had me trippin out, thought there was a %*%% or somethin in my room for hours

what type of sounds?...like paper wrinkling?....Could mean it is 'bout to die....
if it is like a continuous "errr"...and then get louder it is your fan(or area) is dirty.

Either way you got to open it up.

same sound as when u plug in something to the usb drive. as if it is recognizing an external device...
i got nothing plugged in though

it comes through my speakers. so i'm able to turn it off by turning the speakers off, but it's annoying as hell when i'm trying to watch somethingor play music
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by FaBoLoUs22

same sound as when u plug in something to the usb drive. as if it is recognizing an external device...

it comes through my speakers. so i'm able to turn it off by turning the speakers off, but it's annoying as hell when i'm trying to watch something or play music
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Allow me to be Capt Obvious but is there anything that connects via usb? Are you sure its in there tightly? If you have a usb card it may be loose.

2 things, either one of your fan blades popped off and it's causing the noise as the fan spins. Happened to me on my old PC. Means you just need to buy anew fan. Or the second thing is the the clicking on your hard drive. Meaning you might as well say RIP to your hard drive and just buy a new one. But open upyour case, start up your PC and try to isolate the noise. You can can then decide exactly what to do.

yeah fam,
everything that is connected via usb, or whatever else, is connected in tightly. trust me, that was the first thing i checked.
and i'm not too familiar with what a usb card is??? but, i'm guessing that i do have one.

and to Biggie62..... like i said, it's the same sound it makes when u plug in a flash drive, as if it's recognizing an external device. I think umisread what i wrote...

thanks to those that actually tried to help a dude out though.

it comes through my speakers. so i'm able to turn it off by turning the speakers off, but it's annoying as hell when i'm trying to watch something or play music
laugh.gif
mad.gif
so you mean little static?....like when you change radio stations or have a bad signal in the car?
It might just be your speakers then try connecting your headphones into the slot..where the speakers would be at.

and i'm not too familiar with what a usb card is??? but, i'm guessing that i do have one.

Probably not but I figured it was worth asking. This is strange.. maybe you could try uninstalling the controller then restart the computer?

Back
Top Bottom