HELP!..getting a non-paying roommate evicted?!..

SO..my girlfriend's ex-best friend that has been living/paying rent in her apartment for about two months over the night got into a heated argument which ended in the roommate telling my gf that shes leaving and to give her a 30 day eviction notice..the roommate told her stri8 up that she not paying for next month rent which is due this friday.. My girl wants her out NOW..lol the roommate name is NOT on the lease..and in the mean time, the roommate has been cutting the air conditioner on and watching tv /surfing the web (the usually slipt the bill but remember ole girl said she not paying lol). ALSO my girl thinks they may even end up fighting or the roommate might retailiate and damage her flat screen tv or apartment....is there anything my girlfriend can do?.. i called the Georgia sheriff office but they wasnt really clear cut..they were just saying," ooh the roommate entitled to use utilities for 30 days".. but iam saying..she haven't paid for that month tho!? ..can my girl sue? ....any help appreciated...thanks

SO..my girlfriend's ex-best friend that has been living/paying rent in her apartment for about two months over the night got into a heated argument which ended in the roommate telling my gf that shes leaving and to give her a 30 day eviction notice..the roommate told her stri8 up that she not paying for next month rent which is due this friday.. My girl wants her out NOW..lol the roommate name is NOT on the lease..and in the mean time, the roommate has been cutting the air conditioner on and watching tv /surfing the web (the usually slipt the bill but remember ole girl said she not paying lol). ALSO my girl thinks they may even end up fighting or the roommate might retailiate and damage her flat screen tv or apartment....is there anything my girlfriend can do?.. i called the Georgia sheriff office but they wasnt really clear cut..they were just saying," ooh the roommate entitled to use utilities for 30 days".. but iam saying..she haven't paid for that month tho!? ..can my girl sue? ....any help appreciated...thanks

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Change the locks.
this makes sense...but might be illegal too since in some states a person is considered a resident if they are living at a location for more than 30 days

Change the locks.
this makes sense...but might be illegal too since in some states a person is considered a resident if they are living at a location for more than 30 days

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Change the locks.

exactly..were trying to go about it the legal way... and its not tresspassing until after those 30 days i guess..idk i just think the situation pretty messed up because she pratically gonna stay there rent free for one month lol..

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Change the locks.

exactly..were trying to go about it the legal way... and its not tresspassing until after those 30 days i guess..idk i just think the situation pretty messed up because she pratically gonna stay there rent free for one month lol..

Originally Posted by burgundyaltima

the roommate name is NOT on the lease

Tell the apartment complex. Your girl will probably have a fine to pay, but that's about it. They'll prob end up changing her locks too.

Originally Posted by burgundyaltima

the roommate name is NOT on the lease

Tell the apartment complex. Your girl will probably have a fine to pay, but that's about it. They'll prob end up changing her locks too.

It would be considered an illegal eviction if she just changed the locks (look up Georgia illegal eviction laws). She needs to call the landlord, tonight if possible to have him/her evicted since she isn't on the lease.

In the meantime, have your girlfriend put her tv in her room and keep a camera on stand by to take pictures of any damage the roommate might cause so that she isn't held liable but most importantly she needs to call the landlord now.

It would be considered an illegal eviction if she just changed the locks (look up Georgia illegal eviction laws). She needs to call the landlord, tonight if possible to have him/her evicted since she isn't on the lease.

In the meantime, have your girlfriend put her tv in her room and keep a camera on stand by to take pictures of any damage the roommate might cause so that she isn't held liable but most importantly she needs to call the landlord now.

Originally Posted by Furrell

Thanks..yeah thats a good idea to go ahead and take pictures as well before and after ..JUST IN CASE..

Originally Posted by Furrell

Thanks..yeah thats a good idea to go ahead and take pictures as well before and after ..JUST IN CASE..

Originally Posted by prymone

just tell her if she aint paying to ++!% now

lmao exactly man! but the roommate even said it herself that she entitled to 30 days..smh.. #!% would get real for her if we changed dem dam lockz..but wanna do everything legal doe

Back
Top Bottom