HELP!..getting a non-paying roommate evicted?!..

Originally Posted by prymone

just tell her if she aint paying to ++!% now

lmao exactly man! but the roommate even said it herself that she entitled to 30 days..smh.. #!% would get real for her if we changed dem dam lockz..but wanna do everything legal doe

Originally Posted by burgundyaltima

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Change the locks.
this makes sense...but might be illegal too since in some states a person is considered a resident if they are living at a location for more than 30 days

exactly..were trying to go about it the legal way... and its not tresspassing until after those 30 days i guess..idk i just think the situation pretty messed up because she practically gonna stay there rent free for one month lol..
She won't call the cops if she isn't paying rent. She would be telling on herself. If the police came into it, you could explain that she didn't pay the rent.

Originally Posted by burgundyaltima

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Change the locks.
this makes sense...but might be illegal too since in some states a person is considered a resident if they are living at a location for more than 30 days

exactly..were trying to go about it the legal way... and its not tresspassing until after those 30 days i guess..idk i just think the situation pretty messed up because she practically gonna stay there rent free for one month lol..
She won't call the cops if she isn't paying rent. She would be telling on herself. If the police came into it, you could explain that she didn't pay the rent.

I would probably change locks and pack her %%*@ up the second I got the chance. Shes not even on the lease so running to the police would not benefit her.

I would probably change locks and pack her %%*@ up the second I got the chance. Shes not even on the lease so running to the police would not benefit her.

Yeah change the locks. If she comes back for retaliation she's golden she can't do anything after that.

Yeah change the locks. If she comes back for retaliation she's golden she can't do anything after that.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Pics of your girl and said deadbeat?

Im shocked this wasn't the first reply to this thread
laugh.gif

In most states it's 30 days notice, lease or not. There should be a landlord website for your state where your gf can find out more information including local eviction laws and letter templates. She might be able to avoid getting the mgmt company involved if she makes it look legit and legal.

In most states it's 30 days notice, lease or not. There should be a landlord website for your state where your gf can find out more information including local eviction laws and letter templates. She might be able to avoid getting the mgmt company involved if she makes it look legit and legal.

There is a loophole to this that I did myself to have someone put out. File a restraining order on the roommate and they sheriff will have to remove her

There is a loophole to this that I did myself to have someone put out. File a restraining order on the roommate and they sheriff will have to remove her

Originally Posted by Nawth21

This. No lease=month to month tenant. Changing the locks is a bad thing. I've seen people lose on those judge shows all the time because they decide to go the illegal eviction route/ keep persons belongings by changing the locks.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

This. No lease=month to month tenant. Changing the locks is a bad thing. I've seen people lose on those judge shows all the time because they decide to go the illegal eviction route/ keep persons belongings by changing the locks.

Back
Top Bottom