Help me pick out my car

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

these threads are ******ed.

#getwhatyoulikestupid

he obviously likes both or he wouldn't have narrowed it down to two,  and he's trying to find out the pros and cons of each car before making a purchase. who's stupid now?

EDIT: my brother drives an IS, i actually like it a lot minus the small backseats
laugh.gif
is he tho? consumer guide n car driver couldnt give him those specs? hed rather have a hoard of differing opinions for various reasons?

he stated his concern was gas... compare/contrast tank as well as mileage... done

no need for this stupid thread or anymore like it....

now had he said... i really like the a4 but im curious to how it accelerates into 3rd gear or something specific that needed answer... i guessss a thread woulda been somewhat worthwhile, but a "hey guys which is better... a or b?" thread.... STUPID

/end rant

#getwhatyoulikestupid

he obviously likes both or he wouldn't have narrowed it down to two,  and he's trying to find out the pros and cons of each car before making a purchase. who's stupid now?

EDIT: my brother drives an IS, i actually like it a lot minus the small backseats
laugh.gif
is he tho? consumer guide n car driver couldnt give him those specs? hed rather have a hoard of differing opinions for various reasons?

he stated his concern was gas... compare/contrast tank as well as mileage... done

now had he said... i really like the a4 but im curious to how it accelerates into 3rd gear or something specific that needed answer... i guessss a thread woulda been somewhat worthwhile, but a "hey guys which is better... a or b?" thread.... STUPID

/end rant
well obviously anyone who owns either of those cars would post in here something that may be relevant to his decision and even alter it. nothing wrong with gathering as many opinions as you can before making a car purchase

#getwhatyoulikestupid

laugh.gif

/end rant
well obviously anyone who owns either of those cars would post in here something that may be relevant to his decision and even alter it. nothing wrong with gathering as many opinions as you can before making a car purchase

Anyone know if there are any prevailing problems that occur with either model after the 3rd-4th year of ownership? I heard the turbo charger in the Audi's crap out or failing after the 3rd year. Also, does anyone know what the warrenties look like for both brand? Someone told me that the Audi's don't cover bumper to bumper coverage.

Anyone know if there are any prevailing problems that occur with either model after the 3rd-4th year of ownership? I heard the turbo charger in the Audi's crap out or failing after the 3rd year. Also, does anyone know what the warrenties look like for both brand? Someone told me that the Audi's don't cover bumper to bumper coverage.

I'm biased and I would say the IS250 because I own one. I have an 07, and my maintenance has been affordable since I got it. The only thing that cost a lot is my car registration here in SoCal. Overall, I think it is a very reliable car and the MPG is pretty good in the highway. Just don't have a leadfoot in city driving and you'll be fine with the gas.

I'm biased and I would say the IS250 because I own one. I have an 07, and my maintenance has been affordable since I got it. The only thing that cost a lot is my car registration here in SoCal. Overall, I think it is a very reliable car and the MPG is pretty good in the highway. Just don't have a leadfoot in city driving and you'll be fine with the gas.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

The timing belt and some other parts have to be replaced around 70k and that can be rather costly.  The turbos arent something that alway fail but can.  Its an issue you dont have to deal with with an NA engine.  Im pretty sure audis cover almost everything. Standard is 4 years 50k with an extra 2 years 50k for CPO's

The timing belt and some other parts have to be replaced around 70k and that can be rather costly.  The turbos arent something that alway fail but can.  Its an issue you dont have to deal with with an NA engine.  Im pretty sure audis cover almost everything. Standard is 4 years 50k with an extra 2 years 50k for CPO's

Dont like either car both are two feminine. Sorry, thats just how I feel about them but if I had a choice it would be the IS250, make sure its not that tungsten, starfire, or white. Please dont...they remind me of my aunties rolling around in their IS's. Get black or that dark graphite. Reason why I wont mess with the 04 A4 is because is going obviously be more problematic compared to the Lexus in the long run. I know of nobody who owns an Audi thats not under warranty.

Dont like either car both are two feminine. Sorry, thats just how I feel about them but if I had a choice it would be the IS250, make sure its not that tungsten, starfire, or white. Please dont...they remind me of my aunties rolling around in their IS's. Get black or that dark graphite. Reason why I wont mess with the 04 A4 is because is going obviously be more problematic compared to the Lexus in the long run. I know of nobody who owns an Audi thats not under warranty.

Originally Posted by AusZero

I'd most likely sell the car after the 4th year.

Thats 4 years or 50k from the original purchase date.  If youre looking at an 08 a4 it was sold late 07 early 08 meaning you might only have a year or less left.  If you went CPO you get another three years.  Ive owned a couple Audi's and while they're great vehicles to drive they are not reliable.  I just recently got rid of my last one and have decided to go japanese just for peace of mind.  Im sure some people have had flawless Audi experiences but I think their in the minority. If youre covered by a warranty go for it.  Its hard for me to pursue another audi when I see 01 is300 with 200k miles on them.  

Thats 4 years or 50k from the original purchase date.  If youre looking at an 08 a4 it was sold late 07 early 08 meaning you might only have a year or less left.  If you went CPO you get another three years.  Ive owned a couple Audi's and while they're great vehicles to drive they are not reliable.  I just recently got rid of my last one and have decided to go japanese just for peace of mind.  Im sure some people have had flawless Audi experiences but I think their in the minority. If youre covered by a warranty go for it.  Its hard for me to pursue another audi when I see 01 is300 with 200k miles on them.  

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

is250 is the biggest waste of money ever. Audi hands down

The audi isnt really that much better honestly.
laugh.gif
im sayin i was just about to stone face dude like if he was saving tons buying an audi instead

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

is250 is the biggest waste of money ever. Audi hands down

The audi isnt really that much better honestly.
laugh.gif
im sayin i was just about to stone face dude like if he was saving tons buying an audi instead

Back
Top Bottom