Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
how we all doing up top?

holidays are coming up and a lot of people I know are broke, anxious, and fn exhausted. lot of loss.

I definitely struggled with some feelings of helplessness in the last few months, but I feel like I´ve finally accepted that last year ain´t coming back and that it´s fully up to me to design new patterns for my life.

for me, finding something to look forward to was key...identifying what I can control, and grabbing that mf.

gonna need plenty of strength and inspiration for the days ahead.
Thats all we can do fam. We gotta continue to carve our paths while the dumpster fires around us still burn.

I can't help but see light at the end even if it may never surface. Just gonna continue to look out for mine and my circle, reach out to others when I can and stay alert. Keeping as healthy as I can (physically, mentally and spiritually) and hope on the other side of all this some relief arrives.

Last edited:
5zaxmdw1oss51.jpg

Who in this thread actually had COVID twice?

And not, "I had some symptoms and think I might have had it," had it.
Someone at work was tested positive for a second time even though they got sick previously back in April.

I work at a nursing home in NY, btw.
Not actually in the thread, my bad, but yeah it's been discussed. There were articles posted of people being reinfected also.

Not actually in the thread, my bad, but yeah it's been discussed. There were articles posted of people being reinfected also.

I believe even the single case in NV that's being discussed above was posted here more than a month ago. It's just now being covered widely by mainstream media, even though it happened quite some time ago. His second positive case was in June. Regardless, there is a big difference between suspected reinfection and CONFIRMED reinfection. Despite the 38M cases worldwide, confirmed reinfections are still incredibly rare, which likely means there were other immune factors that led to the individuals being infected more than once in a short period of time.

Last edited:
Idk if it’s been mentioned already in here but anyone hear about dr oz on tv a few weeks back trying to talk about the flu vaccine increases chances of getting covid and they cut him off? Y’all passing on the shot this year?

Thats all we can do fam. We gotta continue to carve our paths while the dumpster fires around us still burn.

I can't help but see light at the end even if it may never surface. Just gonna continue to look out for mine and my circle, reach out to others when I can and stay alert. Keeping as healthy as I can (physically, mentally and spiritually) and hope on the other side of all this some relief arrives.

yeah, that´s the hard part about it, knowing better days are not guaranteed.

it took me a while to realize that the grief I was carrying around was for the death of my old life.

thinking about starting an NT Mental Hygiene thread, keeping one´s head up is a constant struggle in this cf.

Idk if it’s been mentioned already in here but anyone hear about dr oz on tv a few weeks back trying to talk about the flu vaccine increases chances of getting covid and they cut him off? Y’all passing on the shot this year?

While I did not see Dr Oz or hear what he said, I can only guess that he's spreading the common misconception based on a single 2012 study that linked flu shots to increased susceptibility to other respiratory illnesses. Here is what the CDC site says about that, along with linked references:

Is it true that getting a flu vaccine can make you more susceptible to other respiratory viruses?
Flu vaccines are not thought to make people more susceptible to other respiratory infections.

A 2012 study suggested that flu vaccination might make people more susceptible to other respiratory infections. After that study was published, many experts looked into this issue further and conducted additional studies to see if the findings could be replicated. No other studies have found this effect. It’s not clear why this finding was detected in the one study, but the majority of evidence suggests that this is not a common or regular occurrence and that flu vaccination does not, in fact, make people more susceptible to other respiratory infections.

EDIT: I do plan to get my flu shot, but will get it in late November so it is at peak effectiveness when influenza is normally more prevalent in CA

yeah, that´s the hard part about it, knowing better days are not guaranteed.

it took me a while to realize that the grief I was carrying around was for the death of my old life.

thinking about starting an NT Mental Hygiene thread, keeping one´s head up is a constant struggle in this cf.
Good idea, we need all the resources and support we can get out here

Back
Top Bottom