Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
i dont think the issue in particular is about peo
I am also conflicted about getting the vaccine and I’m semi front line worker (pharmacy). I’ve talked to so many pharmacist about getting the vaccine about 80% don’t want to take it and the other 20% are all in. Doctors maybe take like 1 or 2 semesters of pharmacology these pharmacist go thru years of classes so I accept their knowledge a little bit more. Their biggest thing is the speed of the vaccines approval they feel more testing is needed
:lol:

they literally halted everything and focused 100% efforts towards the vaccine which is why it was developed so fast there was plenty money behind it

its like u have an nba team with unlimited cap space and money and they are able to get all the best players of course they will win the championship that first season

i Don’t know what’s the problem with our federal government
travel from the US to the U.K. Specifically from the U.K. to ny needs to stop
all travel as I have said over and over in the past year across the world needs to stop

i Don’t know what’s the problem with our federal government
travel from the US to the U.K. Specifically from the U.K. to ny needs to stop
all travel as I have said over and over in the past year across the world needs to stop

$$$$$

Here’s a new study that theorizes COVID-19 will become endemic similar to a common cold where children will continue to be exposed to it and experience relatively minor illness, while the rest of us who have either had prior exposure or vaccination will also have only minor symptoms because our immune systems will recognize it with waning immunity over time. Of course, if it remains serious enough they will create booster shots, but authors say it may not be necessary (except possibly for elderly/high risk) as long as most children have minor symptoms. It’s an interesting theory based on what we know about other novel viruses.

Original plan was to get both of the same model, but can't find it at the same price, and the filters are a little hard to find as the model I got, C545 is a costco exclusive. If it pops up under 100 again i'll likely buy it.

my wife got a blueair 211 for the bedroom where she and my daughter are most of the day as my wife works from home. it seems to work well and it's not too noisy.
she got it more for my daughter's excema and not because of covid concerns.

I meant to post this last week when I first saw it, but it's still good information and worth a watch/read if you have some free time. It's an interview that Dr. Eric Topol conducted with Australian virologist Edward Holmes who first published the genomic sequence of SARS-COV-2 last January when the initial outbreak was detected in Wuhan. He talks about the events leading up to and after the sequence was published, along with some interesting discussion of current events and what he expects to happen in the future. Cliffs notes: He expects the virus to be endemic, requiring regular updates to vaccines as evolutionary pressures cause the virus to escape the vaccines and our immune systems.

Good thread looking at whether there is any protection now based on having more covid in the spring or summer, i.e. is there any evidence that we are gaining herd immunity? Some crackpots theorized in the summer that 40-60% of the population already was magically immune before covid-19, so once a city hits 20% infected, covid is supposed to go away. I think we can confidently say now that is not the case, at all. Pretty much 100% of the population will get covid-19 if allowed to spread unmitigated.

edit: to be fair, I proposed a while ago that there could be some prior immunity to covid, but there was no evidence for it and thus no public health decisions should've been made based on that theory. This is even more dire -- a city that got hit hard with covid can get hit hard again.

Good thread looking at whether there is any protection now based on having more covid in the spring or summer, i.e. is there any evidence that we are gaining herd immunity? Some crackpots theorized in the summer that 40-60% of the population already was magically immune before covid-19, so once a city hits 20% infected, covid is supposed to go away. I think we can confidently say now that is not the case, at all. Pretty much 100% of the population will get covid-19 if allowed to spread unmitigated.

edit: to be fair, I proposed a while ago that there could be some prior immunity to covid, but there was no evidence for it and thus no public health decisions should've been made based on that theory. This is even more dire -- a city that got hit hard with covid can get hit hard again.

You're absolutely right. I had also hoped that those "experts" who claimed prior/cross-immunity would be correct, but sadly we are all susceptible. The only real advantage to places that have already suffered through previous waves of COVID is that they (should) know first hand how quickly things can escalate and recognize the need to protect the vulnerable. When I see the daily updates for NY that 160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep posts, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the situation hasn't yet gone off the rails like it did in the Spring, so hopefully that means people are learning from mistakes and helping keep the situation somewhat under control.

I meant to post this last week when I first saw it, but it's still good information and worth a watch/read if you have some free time. It's an interview that Dr. Eric Topol conducted with Australian virologist Edward Holmes who first published the genomic sequence of SARS-COV-2 last January when the initial outbreak was detected in Wuhan. He talks about the events leading up to and after the sequence was published, along with some interesting discussion of current events and what he expects to happen in the future. Cliffs notes: He expects the virus to be endemic, requiring regular updates to vaccines as evolutionary pressures cause the virus to escape the vaccines and our immune systems.

If the virus becomes endemic I'm just wondering what it might mean for people who are not reacting well to the second dose.

Like if the reaction gets worse with each subsequent dose then maybe lots of ppl can't take the covid vaccine yearly?

Back
Top Bottom